PDA

View Full Version : PFC - #6-10: The Wounded Wisp (CORE) - Friday Nov. 13 - 2pm Eastern

Blackfoot
November 10th, 2015, 20:34
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–2.

More than 400 years have transpired since the Pathfinder Society began in a humble tavern that has quietly weathered the centuries without incident. When a routine errand there uncovers a clue left behind by one of the founding Pathfinders, it’s up to the PCs to solve a puzzle whose pieces are scattered across Absalom—and whose prize dates back to the Society’s darkest years.

"The Wounded Wisp" is an evergreen, replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to the history of the Pathfinder Society and Absalom’s greatest sites.

NOTE: This game will be run as a part of the CORE Campaign, so all players are required to play a CORE legal PC.

Sign up on the GAME CALENDAR (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1687) and post your character information here to reserve a seat at the table!

I need the following information:
Player Name:
Character Name:
Level:
Class:
Previous Chronicle Sheet

IF you are BRAND NEW and have no previous chronicle then I also need:
PFS #
Faction:
Starting Gold (this is the gold remaining AFTER starting purchases):

cmdisc
November 10th, 2015, 20:40
I'm up for this. I'll post the required information once I have everything together.

JWMK
November 10th, 2015, 20:40
Just added my name to the list - Would be great to get another chronicle in Core for my Level 1 squishy character... :)

deguello
November 10th, 2015, 20:49
Player Name:
Character Name: Lyubov Karelia
Level:1
Class: Rogue
Previous Chronicle Sheet You have the only Chronicle sheet..LOl

Blackfoot
November 10th, 2015, 20:50
deguello... he's a CORE character right? I'll check my files.. what game was it?

EDIT: Found it.

OK.. I have your character file and chronicle.

Blackfoot
November 10th, 2015, 21:11
Just added my name to the list - Would be great to get another chronicle in Core for my Level 1 squishy character... :)
I have your character file and chronicle (assuming you are using the same guy)

deguello
November 10th, 2015, 21:21
deguello... he's a CORE character right? I'll check my files.. what game was it?

EDIT: Found it.

OK.. I have your character file and chronicle.

That's Great Cause I don't...
I cant even find the folder.. I put my stuff in...

d1wright
November 10th, 2015, 21:26
I have a CORE Human Fighter to bring in. 1st level. Oh, that's this Friday. Good. No line, no waiting.

kwarner1986
November 10th, 2015, 21:29
I'll be in the middle of my workshift for this one. Have fun with it.

Blackfoot
November 10th, 2015, 21:46
Hrm... ignore this.

Blackfoot
November 10th, 2015, 21:48
Just added my name to the list - Would be great to get another chronicle in Core for my Level 1 squishy character... :)Wait.. you played a pregen last time.. please post your actual character. :)

JWMK
November 10th, 2015, 21:48
Wait.. you played a PREGEN last time. Please post your actual character for the game.

Yes - Been working on my CORE character, will have it to you tonight most likely in XML (with full conversion from Hero Lab).

kiito
November 11th, 2015, 02:05
Interested and signed up but there is a chance I cannot make the time. Should know soon and will update.

Hartha1858
November 11th, 2015, 04:34
I am up for this.

Blackfoot
November 11th, 2015, 04:36

Blackfoot
November 11th, 2015, 04:56
I am up for this.

Sorry Hartha, Tubby is not a CORE character. He is not allowed to play in this session. This is a CORE game. The rules allow players to switch from CORE to Standard but not the other way.

Kiito.. you are back on the list... assuming you can verify that you can play before someone else signs up with a legal character.

kiito
November 11th, 2015, 05:28
I should be able to make it unless something totally unexpected happens.

bigboom
November 11th, 2015, 17:58
I've applied to the calendar entry but am not yet 100% sure if I can make it. Once I know, I'll vote yes to the time slot, assuming there are still spaces available.

Blackfoot
November 11th, 2015, 19:38
I've applied to the calendar entry but am not yet 100% sure if I can make it. Once I know, I'll vote yes to the time slot, assuming there are still spaces available.I have all your character info.. so assuming you are good to go at gametime.. we're all set. Jshauber had a similar issue with the time slot. If there is another player who would like to play and IS 100% sure they can make it.. I'll give them the final spot. It's not really fair to hold a slot for someone who isn't sure they can commit to it unfortunately.

cmdisc
November 11th, 2015, 20:47
XMLs and Chronicle attached. He was built to 2nd with some GM and pregen credits, so all starting and current purchases are on the Chronicle sheet. I believe everything lines up right. Let me know if you have any issues.

bigboom
November 11th, 2015, 22:47
If there is another player who would like to play and IS 100% sure they can make it.. I'll give them the final spot. It's not really fair to hold a slot for someone who isn't sure they can commit to it unfortunately.

I agree completely. If someone comes along and can commit, please definitely give them the spot!

Blackfoot
November 11th, 2015, 23:48
Still waiting on a character from JWMK... otherwise.. everyone is all loaded up and ready to go for Friday.

JWMK
November 12th, 2015, 06:16
Still waiting on a character from JWMK... otherwise.. everyone is all loaded up and ready to go for Friday.

Working on it tonight - Will get you XML ASAP.

bigboom
November 12th, 2015, 06:38
Heya Blackfoot. I'll be able to make it, so I've voted yes on the calendar entry.

However, I did just run a scenario with Jayne a little while ago, so I've got a bit of updating to do. No significant changes, just adjustments to gold, prestige points, fame, and CLW wand charges. I'll post up an updated XML and latest chronicle sheet as soon as I get it...should be within the next 12 hours, I believe.

Blackfoot
November 12th, 2015, 06:41
Heya Blackfoot. I'll be able to make it, so I've voted yes on the calendar entry.

However, I did just run a scenario with Jayne a little while ago, so I've got a bit of updating to do. No significant changes, just adjustments to gold, prestige points, fame, and CLW wand charges. I'll post up an updated XML and latest chronicle sheet as soon as I get it...should be within the next 12 hours, I believe.
Please post your new chronicle... actually.. that will be sufficient if there are just minor adjustments.. we can handle them on the version already loaded. (I have already added your purchases from my game)

bigboom
November 12th, 2015, 08:34
Please post your new chronicle... actually.. that will be sufficient if there are just minor adjustments.. we can handle them on the version already loaded. (I have already added your purchases from my game)

Yep! Nevertheless, I'll post it up as soon as I get it! Thanks!

bigboom
November 13th, 2015, 05:45
Hi Blackfoot, attached is my character Jayne's latest chronicle. I've also attached Jayne's latest XML to reflect the chronicle.

The only adjustments are to gold, prestige points, fame, and CLW wand charges. In addition, I've added a composite longbow & arrows to Jayne's XML inventory and notes as I intend to have him purchase this at the beginning of the session. If for some reason that won't be allowed, I'll just remove them when we're in-game.

Let me know if you need anything more for Jayne! Seeya soon!

Blackfoot
November 13th, 2015, 05:52
bigboom, as this scenario begins in Absalom, I don't see any reason that you won't be able to pick up the bow.

I am still looking for JWMK's character... we are getting down to the wire here.. are you going to be playing a pregen again? You need to have your character to me within the next few hours so that I can review it before the game.

Blackfoot
November 13th, 2015, 06:17
Hi Blackfoot, attached is my character Jayne's latest chronicle. I've also attached Jayne's latest XML to reflect the chronicle.

The only adjustments are to gold, prestige points, fame, and CLW wand charges. In addition, I've added a composite longbow & arrows to Jayne's XML inventory and notes as I intend to have him purchase this at the beginning of the session. If for some reason that won't be allowed, I'll just remove them when we're in-game.

Let me know if you need anything more for Jayne! Seeya soon!bigboom.. was this a CORE game? The chronicle does not reflect that it was CORE and needs to. Speak to the GM. If you participated in a non-core game.. unfortunately Jayne has become a member of the Standard Campaign. :(

bigboom
November 13th, 2015, 07:00
Heya Blackfoot, yep, it was a core game. I've asked the GM to specifically note that on the chronicle but, to be honest, he hasn't been responsive. As you can see, he isn't exactly meticulous in filling out the chronicle sheet itself and he hasn't logged the session on the Paizo site for my character either.

This is the link to his posting for the game, which was listed as core, so I participated with the understanding this was a core session (my name is listed as Thomas under the participants):
https://warhorn.net/events/google-collective-weekly-pfs/schedule/2015/11/11/sessions/96119

Is this sufficient or do you have any advice on what I should do to correct this?

Blackfoot
November 13th, 2015, 07:05
That should be fine.. thanks for the additional info.. when I go to report the session if there is a problem I'll let you know. If so.. I'm not sure what we do. I don't know what happens to our game if I report it as PFC and it has a PFS character listed at the table.. the site is a bit unforgiving.

bigboom
November 13th, 2015, 07:32
I see what you mean. I definitely don't want the whole group getting penalized because of a session I participated misled me into thinking it was core. So how about we do this...

This current Jayne is still level 1, so I'll just rebuild him as some other standard character and consider him to be no longer core. I'll give him a new name and new class, and keep him for something else in the future.

And for this session you're about to run, I'll start Jayne over from scratch with the same build as in your previous The Confirmation session. (granted he no longer qualifies for a free wayfinder).

And so Jayne is starting as a new character with zero xp and PFS ID 194657-4. (Already setup now on the Paizo site)

Does this remove the risk of potentially converting everyone to standard when we in reality all want to remain as core?

I'm very sorry for all the trouble!

Blackfoot
November 13th, 2015, 07:34
No no.. you don't need to worry. He listed his game as core and was sloppy on his chronicle. It's ok. We are good. If he screws up his reporting.. I'll get Trenloe to intercede or talk to someone at paizo. You've done nothing wrong.

bigboom
November 13th, 2015, 07:38
OK. But if anything comes up, please do let me know what actions I should take. Last thing I want is for the group as a whole to get penalized. Thank you!

Blackfoot
November 13th, 2015, 07:43
I won't let that happen. Don't worry. I try and double check things specifically to avoid issues.

Blackfoot
November 13th, 2015, 18:24
The server is up.

Blackfoot
November 13th, 2015, 19:00
bigboom? The server is up...

JWMK
November 14th, 2015, 07:46
That was a great game! Thanks so much, it was lots of fun!

bigboom
November 14th, 2015, 08:23
Agreed! I enjoyed the more "cerebral" nature of this one. Wish I was playing one of my other, more intelligent characters though instead of the lunkhead that I had along! Thanks for the game!

cmdisc
November 14th, 2015, 09:58
Ack! Fengard's head hurt from all dis thinking. It was better when he was being smacked by club or missile.

Seriously, though, it did go very well. Thanks for running this, and thanks for Dave playing along without spoiling anything even though he's run through this before.

kiito
November 15th, 2015, 02:32
Thanks for the fun! Our party setup certainly made for an interesting run :)