PDA

View Full Version : WH40k Black Crusade - gauging interest

Black Hammer
November 10th, 2015, 15:31
I've had a few people ask about it, so I'm looking to see if more folks are interested in a game like this.

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Fantasy Flight/Black Library's or Savage Worlds

Time Zone: I'm in EST, but exact times will have to be worked out depending on player interest.
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long-term

Text or Voice: Both
Voice software used: Teamspeak, most likely

Roleplay & Combat mix: 70/30, favoring RP.
Number of Players in game & needed: Have two potentials, looking for up to four more
Character starting level & equipment: N/A at this point
Character restrictions: Humans (or mutants) of the Chaotic persuasion

Details of your scenario: Looking to run a Black Crusade campaign, basically Warhammer 40k as a Chaos cult. The players would start as citizens of an industrial world, working to build up their own power, make allies (and enemies) with other Chaos factions, and generally build influence, all while avoiding the attention of the Imperium until ready to make a play for the system.

Couple of notes:
The campaign would be rather serious in tone, and in view of the content involved, would depend on having rather mature players, in terms of dealing with some amoral content.
The focus would be on roleplaying. I'm well aware of the potential for powergaming in both Savage Worlds and the BL/FF 40k system, so whichever we use, don't be surprised if there are house rules. I don't like denying a player the ability to be cool; I have no issue with denying a player the ability to render his fellow gamers irrelevant.
On a similar note, the characters are meant to be working together against the world, not against each other. While in-character conflict is an opportunity for roleplay, simply murdering one another achieves nothing.
Finally, I tend to run 40k fairly literally, as in crampt, gothic, and brutal.

Feel free to post here or PM me with questions.

Tarkhel
November 11th, 2015, 06:29
Hmm... you might have my interest. I have the book for the system, but have never gotten to use it. Unfortunate, because I do enjoy the concepts presented. Might I ask for a PM to further bounce ideas and advice off you? :)

Black Hammer
November 11th, 2015, 19:01
PM done and done.

Still looking for one or two more players, if anyone is interested. Quite happy to introduce new people to the game or setting.

Bane Root
November 14th, 2015, 20:22
I'm very interested. My one concern is that I work a rotating shift work schedule, so I wont be able to play at the same time/day each week. If you are amenable to alternating days/times during the week, I would love to play in your game.

Black Hammer
November 17th, 2015, 21:46
At this point, we've locked the time slot in at 7-11PM EST Thursday night. There is still a spot open as of now; game will be starting this Thursday.

Hartha1858
November 18th, 2015, 13:04
I would be interested but it would have to start around 5pm MST time which is 2 hours behind Eastern right now. I have to leave for work around 9pm MST and I sleep during the day so that is my time restrictions depending on if I have to work that day or not.

Hartha1858
November 18th, 2015, 13:05
Ah never mind then. I would have to leave 2 hours after the session starts.