PDA

View Full Version : Virus on FGII 3.1.3 : "CXweb/OddDld-A" ???

Ricco
November 9th, 2015, 20:24
Hello,

I tried to download the 3.1.3 update but my proxy server blocked the update. In my log file I found the file fantasygrounds.exe was infected by a virus : "CXweb/OddDld-A".

May be it's a false positive but I don't want to infect my system trying to solve the issue, someone as the same error on the update ?

Regards
Ricco

Moon Wizard
November 9th, 2015, 21:18
I haven't received any other reports of this.

Which security software application are you using?
Was this right after your update/install completed, or did it come later?

Thanks,
JPG

Ricco
November 9th, 2015, 22:17
Hi,

It's SOPHOS UTM an appliance I have before my machine to secure my network and system behind. The web proxy I used report this error so it never arrive to my machine. Don't want to risk it. :)

I read some false positive on SOPHOS anti-virus but not sure about this time.

Ricco

ddavison
November 9th, 2015, 22:37
Looking at the identification, that appears to be looking at web initiated downloads. While that might be unusual from most applications and something you'd want to block, it is a common feature for Fantasy Grounds and is necessary for it to work properly for updates and for sharing images, tokens, etc. If it also displays the URL and the url is pointed to either the fantasy grounds site or smiteworks.com sites, then you could submit it to Sophos for marking it as a false positive.

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/threat-center/threat-analyses/viruses-and-spyware/CXweb~BadDlod-A/detailed-analysis.aspx

Ricco
November 10th, 2015, 06:28
thanks for the confirmation.

Regards
Ricco

Ricco
November 22nd, 2015, 09:46
SOPHOS did an update to solve the issue.

May apologies about this freak alert, thanks for your fast reply.