PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Spell DC for Bard 6th level in PFRPG

daboking
November 9th, 2015, 19:59
Firstly, if this is the wrong location, please forgive me. Here is my dilemma I am running in to. I created a level 6 character in PCGEN and imported with the fantasy grounds character converter into FG. PCGEN seemed to create character without any issues, but I am noticing something loopy with Bard Spells in FG. Charm person is listed on sheet as a will dc of 29, blistering invective as a reflex dc of 30 etc. These seem way high to me, and I do not want the group I game with to think I am trying to cheat. My caster level is 6, and charisma bonus is +4. Seeing as Charm person is a level 1 spell, would the DC not be 21 rather than 29? Etc. Please advice, as I would like to get my characters to import correctly. Thanks so much.

Trenloe
November 9th, 2015, 20:02
Expand the cast entry for the spells in FG (click the magnifying glass to the right of the action) and see why the DC is so high - I'm guessing there'll be a misc modifier being added.

Otherwise expand the spell class and see what the base save DC is set to there.

darrenan
November 9th, 2015, 20:07
Click the magnifying glass to the right of the spell. This will expand into one or more lines, depending on the number of action buttons attached to the spell. Charm person should only have one, a Cast action.
Click the magnifying glass to the right of the line for the Cast action. This should open a new dialog box. In this dialog box, make sure that the save type is set to Will, the saving throw type is set to Spell Level (I don't remember the exact text here, but the cycler control should have three options and one of those options is for saving throws based on caster level and attribute). Make sure the edit box to the right of that is empty (unless you have Spell Focus, in which case your Spell Focus bonus would go in there. My guess is that the full save DC is in there which is incorrect as it will essentially double your DC.

Also, make sure that the Spell class header which contains your spells has the correct caster level and spell casting attribute set. There is a magnifying glass there as well, which will let you expand the box to see spell slots, casting attribute, concentration check modifier, etc.

Hope that helps!

daboking
November 10th, 2015, 01:39
I have only 2 options when I expand it... fixed and class DC+ (I have nothing after the +). I did find something interesting though. My caster level is set to 0, but the DC automatically set to charisma 18 from my stat rather than the bonus. I clicked to charisma bonus only, and now it has a DC of 15 for a 1st level spell, caster level 6. Does this sound correct? I think it may be now, but would like to verify with someone more familiar with pathfinder. Thanks

darrenan
November 10th, 2015, 01:44
Should be 10 + spell level + attribute bonus, so 15 sounds right for a first level spell and +4 bonus