PDA

View Full Version : Licensing/Trail Question

Brynnan
November 9th, 2015, 15:46
Two people can download the Trial/Free version and attach to each other to try out the program. Even comes with a little demo one-seater adventure.

And obviously, the Trial can attach to the Ultimate (or what I call Table) License.

But if one person upgrades to the Full (or Seat) License, can he still host a single Trial demo game so he can get his friends into it?

I didn't have a chance to test that before I upgraded mine to Ultimate.

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2015, 15:50
I'm not certain but I don't think a trial version can connect to a Full license, or at least can't connect and do anything significant like take part in a campaign etc. I believe only an Ultimate licence allows Demo users to connect and take part in a campaign.

Trenloe
November 9th, 2015, 15:53
But if one person upgrades to the Full (or Seat) License, can he still host a single Trial demo game so he can get his friends into it?
A full license will allow one demo license to connect. This will switch the campaign to "demo" mode and will only work for that single player. If another demo player tries to connect they will be blocked, if a full license connects as a player they will be let in, the campaign will switch out of demo mode to normal mode, and the original demo players connection will be dropped.

So, you can use a full (as the GM) with a single demo license for one-on-one playing (i.e. the GM and just one player).

Brynnan
November 10th, 2015, 05:31
That's what I was hoping Trenloe. It seemed weird that you could show off FG if you had a Trial or an Ultimate, but couldn't use a Full license to demonstrate it. No where on the website does it allude to you being able to do that.

Trenloe
November 10th, 2015, 05:35
No where on the website does it allude to you being able to do that.
The license comparison table mentions it. See "Number of Free Players GM Can Host" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/buyFG/#licensecomparison