PDA

View Full Version : Grapple and Trips and Bull Rush - Oh My!!

Falantrius
November 9th, 2015, 07:23
I've been trying to search the forum and figure this out on my own but could someone tell me how to define Combat Maneuvers in the ACTIONS TAB.

If a player wants to Disarm, Grapple, Trip or Bull Rush an enemy. How do they define the action in the ACTIONS tab of the character?
One example and I can define the rest - I just don't see how you set up the "Attack" so that its d20+CMB compared to enemy CMD, etc.

Blahness98
November 9th, 2015, 14:32
I usually place the combat maneuvers into a separate Spell action page listed as maneuvers or special attacks. Then create a 0 level spell and name it Grapple. Add the spell action to cast. After adding the cast, click the magnifying glass and adjust the attack to be CMB. And then save it. I usually use other effects to adjust my CMBs, so I just leave it as is. The second cast effect in my list is if I wasn't using both hands. Disarm, Trip and Bull Rush should do the same. If you have something that modifies your bonus, you can make effects like I did, or just toss the more permanent ones into the attack option. Just make sure to SR not allowed option is checked so if you attempt to maneuver something that has SR, FG doesn't toss an extra die..

Example:

Example 2:

kuthulu
November 9th, 2015, 22:11
I have a template character sheet that I made up with a bunch of the Combat actions setup. I can import this into a Pathfinder campaign and drag the actions over to my Player Character sheets. Here is the one I am using.

darrenan
November 9th, 2015, 22:26
You can also set them up as weapon entries. The attack type is a tri-state toggle that handles melee (looks like a sword I think?), ranged (looks like arrows), and CMB (which looks like a circle).

Blahness98
November 9th, 2015, 22:51
That would be another way of doing it. I just did the way I was most used to.

Falantrius
November 10th, 2015, 16:24
I have a template character sheet that I made up with a bunch of the Combat actions setup. I can import this into a Pathfinder campaign and drag the actions over to my Player Character sheets. Here is the one I am using.

I was just about to ask someone to share the character XML - as I do the same - I just wasnt sure how to define the combat maneuvers.

Falantrius
November 10th, 2015, 16:30
You can also set them up as weapon entries. The attack type is a tri-state toggle that handles melee (looks like a sword I think?), ranged (looks like arrows), and CMB (which looks like a circle).

I saw the CMB but when I tried to set it up - the attack and damage was just like a sword and not a combat maneuver. Base stat wouldnt allow CMB - how is that supposed to work?

The spell method also allows me to drag and drop it to other characters - while weapons wont.

Falantrius
November 10th, 2015, 17:45

I've incorporated these into my Effects template - I have three templates actually.
1) Combat Template - with all items for Combat Maneuvers and Combat Actions. (Aid, Charging, Concealment, Firing into Melee, Flanking, Higher Ground, Total Defense, etc)
2) Races Template - with all race effects to drag/drop - (wouldn't need these if the drag/drop from the Library Races included the effects)
3) Spell Template - with spells defined (wont have to do this if the effects were defined in the library of spells

If others want to share their effects templates - I would be happy to incorporate them into mine - and then share them back after all are merged in.
Let me see what you have...

damned
November 12th, 2015, 12:46
Archania have a look at this thread for some help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18006-Effects-library

darrenan
November 12th, 2015, 17:34
Also see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24443-PFRPG-Action-Library. This module contains pre-coded actions for combat effects, universal monster abilities, feats and some class features (which I'm working on filling out further).