PDA

View Full Version : Transfer an unused license to another player?

Art Wendorf
November 9th, 2015, 00:18
Back in 2010, I bought a Fantasy Ground license. It worked well. But now I own an Ultimate License. Yes, I know I could have just upgraded, but I pushed the wrong buttons and... there you have it. I have an Ultimate license that I use for myself, an ultimate license I bought my daughter (Yeah, I know. I'm that kind of dad. I wanted her to be able to play whenever and with whoever she'd like), and an unused "regular" Fantasy Ground license that I'm not using.

Is there a way to transfer that unused "regular" Fantasy Ground license to another player so he can run games for my daughter and me. It's just sitting there. Doing nothing. That's $50 going to waste!! (heh.)

Also, how do I buy rules sets for other players (such as the theoretical dude who'd be using my unused "regular" Fantasy Ground license, if it happens)?

I tried searching the forums but my search-fu brings up LOTS and LOTS of threads that don't answer my questions that are burying the ones that probably have my answer in them.

JohnD
November 9th, 2015, 00:41
You could send the person a FG gift certificate and he could buy the product.

Transfer of a license, no idea... it isn't supposed to be done I don't think.

damned
November 9th, 2015, 09:11
If you email [email protected] explaining above they might be able to help you out... :)

Art Wendorf
November 9th, 2015, 14:14
Ha! That *would* be the better idea. Thanks!

Brynnan
November 9th, 2015, 14:54
Gifting a module can be done through Stream. I'm not sure about the FG Store.

ddavison
November 9th, 2015, 15:05
I responded via email but will answer here for completeness.

You can gift individual items through Steam, but just remember that DLC is not supported for Mac users on Steam and they should get those here. You can send a gift certificate here and they can check out with the modules they choose.

I answered the transfer of the license question via email.