PDA

View Full Version : Missing skill text in LMoP

Arwyn
November 8th, 2015, 22:13
I've just noticed that the descriptive text about character skills is missing in the LMoP module. If you click to read descriptions of any of the skills you get an error in the chat box saying Could Not Open Sheet with Data from Unloaded Module.

I only have LMoP and the Player & DM basic rules documents loaded.

Do I need to purchase the Player Handbook for the skill descriptions to be available?

Is there anything more important missing which may impact the running of the campaign, by not having the PHB?

Zacchaeus
November 8th, 2015, 22:17
I'm pretty sure this came up before and there was going to be a fix, but I can't find the post. At the moment the descriptions will only work if you have the PHB open.

tadkil
November 9th, 2015, 00:44
I've just noticed that the descriptive text about character skills is missing in the LMoP module. If you click to read descriptions of any of the skills you get an error in the chat box saying Could Not Open Sheet with Data from Unloaded Module.

I only have LMoP and the Player & DM basic rules documents loaded.

Do I need to purchase the Player Handbook for the skill descriptions to be available?

Is there anything more important missing which may impact the running of the campaign, by not having the PHB?

Zacchaeus and I talk about this issue in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23710-5E-Bug-Reports-and-Notices-of-Fixes-Rolled-Out&p=236108&viewfull=1#post236108 in lines 555 & 557. Zeus says he is fixing in post 560. I was specifically referencing backgrounds because I had a PHB up and opened and the skill links worked. I will say that now, all my is fine. I am four sessions into running LMoP.

Always a good idea to post bugs you find over in the thread I referenced once our citizen experts have bonked your issue with holy water and declared it a problem.

As a side note, I would get the PHB when you can. It just has a ton more options in it for your players and having it and the Monster Manual makes it easier to build your own stuff.

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2015, 11:42
tadkil, I think the OP is referring to the description of skills which on the LMoP pre-gens link to the PHB only. I'm sure this came up before but I can't remember if the answer was that we were stuck with that or if it could be fixed. I couold also have imagined the whole thing.

Meantime Arwyn, you probably should post this as a bug here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23710-5E-Bug-Reports-and-Notices-of-Fixes-Rolled-Out/).

Arwyn
November 9th, 2015, 11:54
great, thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, I guess I just kinda figured that stuff related to the module's pregen characters would all be included. I have the LMoP physical copy too, and I can't remember how much detail the rules that come with the module go in to, but I'm pretty sure they give some information on the various skills.

tadkil
November 10th, 2015, 00:31
tadkil, I think the OP is referring to the description of skills which on the LMoP pre-gens link to the PHB only. I'm sure this came up before but I can't remember if the answer was that we were stuck with that or if it could be fixed. I couold also have imagined the whole thing.

Meantime Arwyn, you probably should post this as a bug here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23710-5E-Bug-Reports-and-Notices-of-Fixes-Rolled-Out/).

I see. Similar but different problem.

Griogre
November 11th, 2015, 17:56
The pregens should work with the Basic Rules which come with LMoP or now with the 5E ruleset. Make sure you have that open. You shouldn't need the Player Pack.