PDA

View Full Version : Syntax for Ability / Skill checks

Hadje
November 8th, 2015, 15:07
Is there a syntax for Ability/Skill checks to put in the story modules to trigger the 'drag and drop' feature for ability and skill checks like the awesome attack and damage syntax? Specifically, I'd like to be able to pick up the text "A successful DC 13 Intelligence (Nature) check reveals the source of the odor", and drop it on a PC (or PC's) to make the check. I know that I can do it on the party sheet, but I'm lazy :)

I searched the wiki and the forums, but couldn't find anything. Am I right to say that it isn't implemented?

Zacchaeus
November 8th, 2015, 15:16
No, such things can't be picked up from text. You can set up effects for ability checks e.g. CHECK: strength etc and for advantage/disadvantage on a skill check e.g. ADVSKILL: nature but there isn't at the moment a way to automate a specific skill roll.

Hadje
November 8th, 2015, 17:50
Thanks for the answer. I figured as much, but I'm just stubborn enough to waste time looking for it long after I'm pretty sure it isn't there. At least now I can move on! :)

Trenloe
November 8th, 2015, 21:15
Not exactly what you're looking for, but you can put the text in the actions of a dummy NPC. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26587-How-do-I-do-attacks-and-damage-in-5e-D-amp-D-FG-from-text-rather-than-NPCs&p=236682&viewfull=1#post236682