PDA

View Full Version : New Delta Green Extension

ianmward
November 8th, 2015, 03:39
An updated version greatly enhanced by Mach5RR (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/member.php?193941-Mach5RR) is here:
#post517869 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26749-New-Delta-Green-Extension&p=517869&viewfull=1#post517869)

I've uploaded a first draft Delta Green extension that supports the new rules:
* PC Sheet, changed Abilities
* Fixed list of skills
* Evaluates skill and ability rolls, checks, including crits and fumbles
* Correctly contemplates roll mods (e.g. AIM +20%)
* NPC Sheet
* Combat Tracker

DeltaGreen.ext (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ab5D3OTXspH-F-uMN_wg_gDY0Z03LWUF/view?usp=sharing)

v0.0.2 Added NPC sheet and Combat Tracker
v0.0.3 Added Added PC Bonds & Motivations
v0.0.4 Fixed for FGU
v0.0.5 Fixed percentile dice problem with FGU

Enjoy, and please post issues and suggestions here.

ianmward
November 8th, 2015, 12:33
Updated to include NPC sheet and Combat Tracker
see post #1.

MadBeardMan
November 9th, 2015, 00:22
Nice work chap :)

ianmward
November 9th, 2015, 09:48
New update to the PC Sheet/

v0.0.3 Added Added PC Bonds & Motivations

Golgorosh
January 8th, 2017, 09:57
Hello,

Thank you for this extension. It's great!

I've seen some bits that need either to be added or corrected:

There is a typo in Bureaucracy
The skill Art is missing
The skill Craft is missing
The skill Pilot is missing
The skill Drive Heavy Machinery should be replaced by Heavy Machinery
The skill Foreign Language is missing (or multiple copies of it)
The skill Martial Art doesnt exist in DG2
The skill SMG doesnt exist in DG2
The skill Cthulhu Mythos is replaced by a skill called Unnatural

The Breaking Point calculation doesnt seem to be working (SAN-POW).

Thanks again :)
Golgo

Jedi Love Monkey
December 20th, 2018, 21:22
I tried this and it doesn't appear under extensions... so I can't select it to add the rules to my game.

Hector Trelane
December 20th, 2018, 21:24
Great work--so glad you're supporting this!

ianmward
December 20th, 2018, 21:58
I tried this and it doesn't appear under extensions... so I can't select it to add the rules to my game.
It is an extension for CoC 6e (not 7e). Is that what you are trying?

Jedi Love Monkey
December 20th, 2018, 22:47
Correct. I have CoC 7e. I do not have CoC 6e. I am looking for the easiest solution to either upgrade this expansion or use another expansion that is compatible with CoC 7e.

ianmward
December 21st, 2018, 05:17
Correct. I have CoC 7e. I do not have CoC 6e. I am looking for the easiest solution to either upgrade this expansion or use another expansion that is compatible with CoC 7e.

Unfortunately there are significant differences that make upgrading it difficult. Sorry.

ianmward
January 12th, 2019, 02:04
Playing Delta-Green now and will be watching this thread to understand when/if an update happens to make DG 7E compatible.

Don’t hold your breath... the changes from 6e to 7e are divergent from the 6e to DG, so I don’t anticipate making it work. Additionally, the 7e ruleset code is in the vault, so I seriously doubt anyone else will be making an extension.

Sorry

Trenloe
January 12th, 2019, 02:21
Pickup the CoC 6e ruleset and then you'll be able to use the DG extension. Find the ruleset here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=DGA070

As Ian says, DG is much more closely aligned with CoC 6e, so it's best to use that ruleset anyway.

Jig86
May 12th, 2019, 02:43
Thanks for this! I love it! One thing I did spot though is the Base skill for Dodge should be 30% instead of 22%

ianmward
May 12th, 2019, 03:58
Thanks for this! I love it! One thing I did spot though is the Base skill for Dodge should be 30% instead of 22%

Good catch. In CoC it defaults to half your dex, so will have to change that.

Cantra
September 3rd, 2019, 23:19
The version of the file able to be downloaded seems to be 0.0.1, and when my players attempt to use the combat tracker, all kinds of errors ensue. Is there a link to the newer versions?28777

TheRadioDemon
December 4th, 2019, 20:47
Is there a tutorial on how i can install this extension into fantasy grounds? everything ive seen says i need the files as .mod but i cant seem to get them to the file type. any help would be very much appreciated

Trenloe
December 4th, 2019, 20:52
Is there a tutorial on how i can install this extension into fantasy grounds? everything ive seen says i need the files as .mod but i cant seem to get them to the file type. any help would be very much appreciated
Welcome to the FG forums!

A .mod files is a module - which contains library data. This extension is a .ext file - you can download it from the first post, then copy the DeltaGreen.ext to your <FG app data>\extensions directory. Get to <FG app data> by clicking the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen.

Further details on the various different FG files types, and where to install them, is available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Files_Overview

Morfedel
April 8th, 2020, 05:32
so if I understand correctly, my best options if I want to run Delta Green is to buy CoC 6E then download this extension?

damned
April 8th, 2020, 06:36
so if I understand correctly, my best options if I want to run Delta Green is to buy CoC 6E then download this extension?

Thats correct.

Morfedel
April 8th, 2020, 14:19
Thats correct.

Ok, thank you much!

GamerDad79
April 15th, 2020, 00:48
Hello everyone. I'm currently using Fantasy Grounds Unity and I purchased the CoC 6th Edition rules specifically so I can use this Delta Green extension. However every time I load I get the attached error message. I try and bring up the character sheet and I believe it's just the basic CoC sheet and not the Delta Green sheet (I have a physical copy of the DG sheet and it's very different from what is shown.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

damned
April 15th, 2020, 01:42
Hello everyone. I'm currently using Fantasy Grounds Unity and I purchased the CoC 6th Edition rules specifically so I can use this Delta Green extension. However every time I load I get the attached error message. I try and bring up the character sheet and I believe it's just the basic CoC sheet and not the Delta Green sheet (I have a physical copy of the DG sheet and it's very different from what is shown.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

It looks like some updates will need to be made to this extension to make it run in FGU
The character sheet is not going to look like whatever is in your Delta Green book.
Ill see if we can update it this weekend.

GamerDad79
April 15th, 2020, 01:51
It looks like some updates will need to be made to this extension to make it run in FGU
The character sheet is not going to look like whatever is in your Delta Green book.
Ill see if we can update it this weekend.

I didn't think it was going to look like the actual DG character sheet, but there were things on the sheet in the ruleset that are not on the DG sheet and stuff missing from the DG sheet, that's what made me think it wasn't working. That would be awesome if you get it updated to work on Unity. If I had any idea on how to do it I would do it myself lol.

ianmward
April 18th, 2020, 03:51

New version v0.0.4 on the updated first post should fix this.

Enjoy!

damned
April 18th, 2020, 04:07
New version v0.0.4 on the updated first post should fix this.

Enjoy!

Awesome - thanks ianmward!

GamerDad79
April 19th, 2020, 01:09
Your awesome man! Thank you. I look forward to playing!

Mach5RR
May 18th, 2020, 03:00
OK, this is weird because I'm diving into your code and I cant seem to find the problem. While using FGU, with CoC6E and Delta Green, when I roll a STAT check or an ATTACK roll from the "Main" tab, and it rolls a d100+d10. NOT a standard roll. When I roll from the "Skills" tab, it rolls a straight d100.

Mach5RR
May 18th, 2020, 04:32
OK, this is weird because I'm diving into your code and I cant seem to find the problem. While using FGU, with CoC6E and Delta Green, when I roll a STAT check or an ATTACK roll from the "Main" tab, and it rolls a d100+d10. NOT a standard roll. When I roll from the "Skills" tab, it rolls a straight d100.

OK, I searched through the xml files in the campaign folder, and there were several references to ("d100","d10") for dice. I don't recall seeing any d10 needed, so I edited those out. This seems to have fixed that problem.

Another issue is the Skill Foreign Languages. You set the default as 50, meaning everytime someone adds the skill, it starts at a 50

damned
May 18th, 2020, 13:52
FGC used a different method of roll d%
This causes FGU to roll an extra d10 when using code written for FGC.

GamerDad79
May 18th, 2020, 20:28
First off, AMAZING job on this. Thank you so much. I seem to be having an issue during character creation. I am filling in the STATs block and when I fill in POW, MAX SAN does not auto fill. Wouldn't be a problem if I could fill it in myself but the block is locked out and I cannot modify it myself. Any help would be appreciated.

Trenloe
May 18th, 2020, 20:56
I seem to be having an issue during character creation. I am filling in the STATs block and when I fill in POW, MAX SAN does not auto fill. Wouldn't be a problem if I could fill it in myself but the block is locked out and I cannot modify it myself. Any help would be appreciated.
Maximum sanity is 99 - skill level in Unnatural.

ianmward
May 19th, 2020, 10:52

Hi MachRR,

I have updated the extension so that it works as it should. Please download v0.0.5 from the first post.

Enjoy,

Ian

CthulhuRol
May 21st, 2020, 18:35
Many thanks, bro

Mach5RR
May 25th, 2020, 08:24
Hi MachRR,

I have updated the extension so that it works as it should. Please download v0.0.5 from the first post.

Enjoy,

Ian

Good job. I was checking it against CoC6e an d I can see where they refer to the earlier version to do an if about adding the d10.

Also, I get an Error when I delete anything off the Combat Tracker. [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:99: attempt to index global 'windowlist' (a nil value)

OK, I did make some changes to the extension. DeltaGreen.ext (https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8kwtlq0zsolcjw/DeltaGreen.ext?dl=0)
I set the "Foreign Language" base to 0, instead of 50. I fixed the ability to talk in foreign languages, that was present in CoC6e. (Apparently, changing the name from "Own Language" and "Other Language" breaks the manager_language2.lua.
Altered references from KEEPER to HANDLER.
And I changed ability, skill, and combat rolls to set the MAX ability 99. Bonuses, were allowing the skill to set higher. I also made an adjustment for Unnatural abilities (Handler's Guide p.188) to have the correct Criticals.
I also added images, to make it less like CoC and more like DG. But I broke those out as a small Theme. Delta Green Theme (https://www.dropbox.com/s/38jedze6ewknnrz/Theme_DeltaGreen.ext?dl=0)

ianmward
May 28th, 2020, 09:13
Good job. I was checking it against CoC6e an d I can see where they refer to the earlier version to do an if about adding the d10.

Also, I get an Error when I delete anything off the Combat Tracker. [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:99: attempt to index global 'windowlist' (a nil value)

OK, I did make some changes to the extension. DeltaGreen.ext (https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8kwtlq0zsolcjw/DeltaGreen.ext?dl=0)
I set the "Foreign Language" base to 0, instead of 50. I fixed the ability to talk in foreign languages, that was present in CoC6e. (Apparently, changing the name from "Own Language" and "Other Language" breaks the manager_language2.lua.
Altered references from KEEPER to HANDLER.
And I changed ability, skill, and combat rolls to set the MAX ability 99. Bonuses, were allowing the skill to set higher. I also made an adjustment for Unnatural abilities (Handler's Guide p.188) to have the correct Criticals.
I also added images, to make it less like CoC and more like DG. But I broke those out as a small Theme. Delta Green Theme (https://www.dropbox.com/s/e3phe4true52so9/DeltaGreen_Theme.ext?dl=0)

Nice!

Mach5RR
June 10th, 2020, 08:58
OK, I've made some (I think) big changes. I have altered the weapons to reflect DG statistics. This means fields for Kill Radius, AP, and lethality. I also removed any unused fields (bye-bye hands). Lethality works. It rolls the d100, if its under the target #, it drops the targes HP to 0 (it -should- be -2. I'll need to fix that). If its over, it adds the two dice together and applies as damage.
I added an armor field to the combat section (above weapons). Armor works. Armor Piercing works.
The Defensive Qualities from the Handler's Guide now work (p.190 Handler's Guide). in the Combat Notes of the NPC, just type in the Quality. Since I know string matching takes into account for caps, you will have to type in the words with the first letter capitalized. Except for "Out of Phase".
I've put in links to adjust damage types depending on the attack (Normal, Lethal, HyperGeometric, and Healing) and will start adding capabilities to use different types.
What doesn't work. The Combat Tracker. FG concatenates certain weapon qualities (name, atk, dmg) to create a usable text field. I have no idea how it does this, so I can't add extra fields to attackline. Worse, I did figure out where it reparses the information back, but I have no idea how to decipher the lua string.find script in ripping it back apart. This means you can't use AP and Lethality from the straight Combat Tracker. You -can- call up the NPC sheet from the CT and the rolls work just fine from there.

What I would like to work on - Called Shots and Critical Hits. I've programmed the Damage to react to the those two, but I have yet to figure out how to get them to detect those two. I will probably add those as an effect, and then attempt to detect them to make adjustments.

I've also made a few minor changes to the Delta Green Theme.

ianmward
June 10th, 2020, 13:26
Sounds great! Want to share?

OK, I've made some (I think) big changes. I have altered the weapons to reflect DG statistics. This means fields for Kill Radius, AP, and lethality. I also removed any unused fields (bye-bye hands). Lethality works. It rolls the d100, if its under the target #, it drops the targes HP to 0 (it -should- be -2. I'll need to fix that). If its over, it adds the two dice together and applies as damage.
I added an armor field to the combat section (above weapons). Armor works. Armor Piercing works.
The Defensive Qualities from the Handler's Guide now work (p.190 Handler's Guide). in the Combat Notes of the NPC, just type in the Quality. Since I know string matching takes into account for caps, you will have to type in the words with the first letter capitalized. Except for "Out of Phase".
I've put in links to adjust damage types depending on the attack (Normal, Lethal, HyperGeometric, and Healing) and will start adding capabilities to use different types.
What doesn't work. The Combat Tracker. FG concatenates certain weapon qualities (name, atk, dmg) to create a usable text field. I have no idea how it does this, so I can't add extra fields to attackline. Worse, I did figure out where it reparses the information back, but I have no idea how to decipher the lua string.find script in ripping it back apart. This means you can't use AP and Lethality from the straight Combat Tracker. You -can- call up the NPC sheet from the CT and the rolls work just fine from there.

What I would like to work on - Called Shots and Critical Hits. I've programmed the Damage to react to the those two, but I have yet to figure out how to get them to detect those two. I will probably add those as an effect, and then attempt to detect them to make adjustments.

I've also made a few minor changes to the Delta Green Theme.

Trenloe
June 10th, 2020, 13:52
I think maybe we need to get rid of that "new" in the title. It's not old, no way. But, no offence, it's not *new* either! ;)

Mach5RR
June 10th, 2020, 14:42
Sounds great! Want to share?
I thought I did. I just updated the files I shared in post #34
Are they not working?

Mach5RR
June 10th, 2020, 15:24
Here are the two extensions, placed at the bottom for easier location.

DeltaGreen.ext v0.0.8 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/o8kwtlq0zsolcjw/DeltaGreen.ext?dl=0)

Ratupper
July 14th, 2020, 20:17
This ext rocks and thanks so much....first game of DG tonight!

Would it be possible to add Military Science and Science as skill add choices like craft and pilot?

Solarite
August 9th, 2020, 02:53
Is anyone able to run the extension of FGU? I have gotten it to work (but haven't tested it out) of FGC, but not FGU. I got it in both data folders, and both have the correct XML and I am looking under the correct system in both. It only shows up in Classic right now.

Mach5RR
August 9th, 2020, 03:39
Is anyone able to run the extension of FGU? I have gotten it to work (but haven't tested it out) of FGC, but not FGU. I got it in both data folders, and both have the correct XML and I am looking under the correct system in both. It only shows up in Classic right now.
Weird. I use it pretty much in FGU, and only develop in FGC. I have dropped both ext files (Delta Green, and Theme-Delta Green) into the extension folders and I can see both when I create a campaign.

Mach5RR
August 9th, 2020, 18:35
OK,
I've attached the loadscreen from FGU, where I created a Call of Cthulhu 6e game named "Delta Green", with both ext files in the extensions folder, and visible in the Extensions window. What are you seeing in the Extensions window?

Mach5RR
August 10th, 2020, 00:02
This ext rocks and thanks so much....first game of DG tonight!

Would it be possible to add Military Science and Science as skill add choices like craft and pilot?

Annnnd .... Done. It's not perfect, but I found a way to work around an error I was getting when I added those two skills.
I've corrected the spellings of the skills to match the books. I changed skill choice icons to actual icons.
And I've added the Rituals tab so that those Delta Green agents who -know- rituals, can add them to their sheets.
So, consider the Delta Green extension updated to v.0.0.7 and the Delta Green Theme updated to 1.0.1

Mach5RR
August 19th, 2020, 03:33
OK, I've updated the DeltaGreen.ext to 0.0.8. I have fixed the Combat Tracker, which was throwing up a lot of errors for me, and combat, reach, targeting data was stepping on each other. I removed all references in the code to wp (Willpower Points), and restored mp (Magic Points), which helped fix some of the CT issues. Magic Points ARE Willpower Points. They are generated exactly the same but ou just get extra uses out of them. I instead, just changed all the mp labeling to refer to Willpower Points instead of Magic Points. I rolled back the CT to more closely align with the code in CoC6e. I removed the references to Move in the CT, as movement distance is not part of Delta Green. I moved the Combat portion of the PC/NPC to the bottom of the combat tracker. Combat has a nasty habit of stepping on anything below it, that's part of the same player. So, I made it the bottom thing to prevent overwriting. If I figure out how to get it to stop stepping on the things below, I'll move it back to its correct location.
__________________________________________________ ______
02/18/2021
I've updated the Delta Green Ext to play with the new version of FG. With the deprecation of the sidebar, I took the opportunity to merge the (albeit small) DG Theme into the ext itself.