PDA

View Full Version : Comodo Internet Security. How do I get past it?

Magyar5
November 8th, 2015, 00:40
I have Windows 10 and a Linksys WRT1900AC router with Comodo Internet Security. I have successfully been able to configure my router for port 1802 and when I disable my Comodo Firewall, I get a successful test when attempting to host a game. Does anyone know how to configure Comodo so that I can keep my firewall running and still get a successful test so that I can host games? I wanted to purchase the Ultimate edition and quite a few 5E products since I moved away from my group of D&D friends but if I can't get it configured properly, I don't see it being a good investment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Magyar5

OneSidedDie
November 8th, 2015, 04:01
Not at my pc but if you remove or disable the firewall rule of "Block IP in from MAC any to MAC any were protocol is any" it should work. It is a part of the stealth ports feature and will block any incoming connections unless it meets one of the criteria of the rules above it.

Should work then.

Let me know if it does not and we can troubleshoot more tomorrow.

Zacchaeus
November 8th, 2015, 11:56
First of all welcome to Fantasy Grounds and to the Community.

This might be stupid since I've never heard of Comodo Security, but can you not set up a rule within the firewall to allow port 1802 to shine through?

Magyar5
November 8th, 2015, 23:58
That worked. Could you tell me if this is going to leave my computer vulnerable?

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2015, 11:35
That worked. Could you tell me if this is going to leave my computer vulnerable?

No, your firewall is still in place. All you've done is told it to allow Fantasy Grounds to use port 1802.

ddavison
November 9th, 2015, 14:53
Nothing else "listens" on port 1802 that I am aware of, so if Fantasy Grounds isn't running and any traffic gets sent through that port, it will just get ignored by your computer.

OneSidedDie
November 9th, 2015, 16:11
That commodo rule makes it where nothing on your pc will accept an unrequested connection from the internet. This makes it very secure but since fantasy grounds (and any other software that acts as a server) requires your players to connect to it from the internet it can't be enabled.

TLDR; Yes but such is the way of running server software.

ivell
September 19th, 2019, 17:55
This is an old topic, but...

I keep struggling with COMODO Internet Security. I try to set it up to let 1802 port work for the FG soft. And even though I removed this MAC blocking, I have explicitly added portset for 1802 and set it to be accepted for FG all apps (updater, FG itself and so on), it still gets blocked somehow. COMODO events log is empty... doesn't log anything. And the only thing that works is to disable CIS Firewall completely for the time of playing.

Can anyone give me some support on that? I am tech guy, yet... it doesn't help much as it seems.

Trenloe
September 19th, 2019, 18:00
This is an old topic, but...

I keep struggling with COMODO Internet Security. I try to set it up to let 1802 port work for the FG soft. And even though I removed this MAC blocking, I have explicitly added portset for 1802 and set it to be accepted for FG all apps (updater, FG itself and so on), it still gets blocked somehow. COMODO events log is empty... doesn't log anything. And the only thing that works is to disable CIS Firewall completely for the time of playing.

Can anyone give me some support on that? I am tech guy, yet... it doesn't help much as it seems.
Can you also set a white list for an application? If so, add FantasyGrounds.exe to the list.

ivell
September 19th, 2019, 18:25
You mean to the Apps rules? Already set long time ago. Also app is set as trusted and user for files as trusted. I tried to set explicitly rule for firewall: ANY IP IN/OUT, incoming traffic, destination IP any, port 1802, from any IP/port. And nothing seems to be working :/

Trenloe
September 19th, 2019, 18:28
You mean to the Apps rules? Already set long time ago. Also app is set as trusted and user for files as trusted. I tried to set explicitly rule for firewall: ANY IP IN/OUT, incoming traffic, destination IP any, port 1802, from any IP/port. And nothing seems to be working :/
I'd recommend removing everything, restarting and then re-adding the application and port exceptions.

ddavison
September 19th, 2019, 20:28
Just to clarify... When you disable Comodo, you get a Success on the test but when it is enable it reports a Failure?

ivell
September 19th, 2019, 21:20
Yup, and no firewall rule, nor app setting as trusted helps on that in Comodo.

LordEntrails
September 20th, 2019, 01:52
As stated, delete all your FG releated rules/settings. Restart your computer, then re-add them. Their are reports that sometimes security program rules/etc are tied to specific versions of the applications (i.e. based on cheksums, dates or sum) and the rules that appear to be correct really won't work as intended.