PDA

View Full Version : Converting table top games to FG

snotling
November 7th, 2015, 19:16
Hello -
I was reading the blog post on converting Zombicide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/entry.php?80-Project-Zombicide-Day-1) by AstaSyneri and it sounded amazing. I am wondering a few things:

1) how did it turn out? was a game played?
2) Do others use this method? Using CoreRPG as the base and just building a game module to site on top of it. Or do you write a new rule sets and do it that way?
3) How many of you have done that sort of thing?

I have a few table top games that might be fun to try out. One of them is DungeonQuest as it might be one of the easier ones to try and convert.

Dr0W
November 23rd, 2015, 14:12
I've done this once to play mansions of madness. I didn't write a ruleset, just used the core rpg. It gets really heavy on token depending on what you're gonna play. Scanned my tokens, map tiles and monster stuff and created tokens out of it, it was a lot of work but was playable. We played only once, then I lost it all when I formatted my pc.

It was playable but I do not recommend for most games. There are other tools that do a better job at playing board games like vassal or tabletop simulator (don't really like this one). Zombicide is a good example of something that doesn't have authorization to go in vassal but is simple enough to play on fantasy grounds tough.