PDA

View Full Version : New player in need of help.

humps
November 7th, 2015, 13:53
Hi all.

new to fg and not played a table top rpg since i was in my teens ( a few years ago)

im really keen to have ago but really have no idea what to do. do i need to make a character

on pathfinder or would a DM have one made ready?

whats the best way to get into a game?

Any help would be great. i am able to be on most evenings English time zone.

Thank you

dulux-oz
November 7th, 2015, 15:03
Hi Humps, and Welcome!

OK, here's my advice on you questions:

Whether you need to make a character or not depends on the game you play in ie what the GM wants (you) to do.

Best way to get into a game is to post a message on the LFG forum - have a look at what others have said to get an idea, but your location, time zone, available hours & days, preferred RPG system, the type of license you have - things like that.

Also, check out the Game Calendar here on the site and send a personal message to the GM running of any game that takes your fancy (please be polite).

FG-Con, Daze & the other Con (I can't remember the name right now) are also good ways to get a game and work out your preferences for style, etc. That's when they're running of course - the next one won't be too far away (a few weeks, I think).

Finally, do yourself and your (eventual) GM & gaming group a favour and learn how to use the FG software. One of the best ways of doing this is to watch a few Tutorial Videos available on the FG Wiki - damned's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below). Start with the ones on the CoreRPG because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with FG - by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you need to know to play any RPG with FG.

Oh, and keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly bunch here, and nobody minds answering questions :)

That should help you to get started

Cheers