PDA

View Full Version : New player

humps
November 7th, 2015, 12:59
Hi, i used to play rpg as a teenager and loved it. Over the years iv been huge mmo gamer.
i come across fantasy grounds by chance and am very keen to have ago as a player.
iv added rmc dlc.

how do i go about finding games to join?

im online most evenings.

jshauber
November 7th, 2015, 13:13
Hi Humps and welcome to the FG community!!!

I would post in the LFG sub forum and keep an eye out there for games. RMC isn't the most widely played system in FG so you might want to jump in a Pathfinder, Savage Worlds or 5e game to get a feel for how it all works.

You might also want to include your geographical location and/or timezone, as evening to you might be mid-morning to others, just makes potential GMs aware of where you are relative to themselves.

Hangout, ask questions and be patient and try out some different things to get your feet wet.

humps
November 7th, 2015, 13:18
Thank you for the advise.

i will take a look at one of these games, maybe pathfinder.

Location England.

Thanks again

jshauber
November 7th, 2015, 14:35
I know there is a game in RMC going on now (I think they are still playing) that is being run evenings in the UK by Hawkwind. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25920-Forgotten-Realms-Lost-Mine-Campaign

There is a thread on this forum so you might want to at least touch base with Hawkwind about a possible spot. Worst he can do is tell you no...

Longrath
November 7th, 2015, 20:16
Similar situation.
We played rolemaster when I was a teen. We used to call it ICE.
That was back in the DnD 2nd Ed era.
I remember thinking that the system was more detailed with critical hits and such.

I have played FG, but pathfinder, and a couple of years ago.

If someone were running a once a week campiagn in EST evenings, and could tolerate someone so out of touch with tne system, as to be more or less a complete noob, I'd love to play.

I got steered back into FG when they bought Tabletop Connect.

hawkwind
November 16th, 2015, 10:57
Humps you are welcome to join my campaign, we will even help you roll up a character

damned
November 16th, 2015, 13:02
Ardem has a spot going in his AUS based RMC game.

humps
November 16th, 2015, 19:54
Hi Hawkwind.

I'd like to join if that's OK. Am I right in thinking it's every Monday from 8?
If so as of next week I'm all yours. If you could help with a character roll that
Would be great thank you.

Many thanks humps

hawkwind
November 17th, 2015, 13:29
I show you how to make a character on Wednesday night from about half eight if you are interested, you will need team speak set up though

humps
November 17th, 2015, 21:01
That would be great thank you.

I'll hang around open chat on teamspeak around that time, may be a little late due to
Working all hours god sends at the moment. Christmas and kids is not a good mix lol.

Thank you speak tomorrow

humps
November 18th, 2015, 20:47
hi hawkwind

not sure if you coming on now so going to get some real life paper work done.
let me know if you free to help soon.

thank you

Chris_Seal
November 23rd, 2015, 09:09
Hi Humps,

I sent you a PM about character gen on behalf of Hawkwind.

Cheers
Chris

Ardem
December 1st, 2015, 02:51
Thanks Damn for throwing my name in I do have a spot in aus time, but it good to see humps is got a spot that will suit his timezone.

hawkwind
February 15th, 2016, 19:15
Humps my game has restarted if your still interested