PDA

View Full Version : "New Drawing" appeared and two LMoP images turned into grey block

Szabtom
November 7th, 2015, 12:00
Hi,

After the latest update two images in my LMoP campaign turned into a unusable grey block (Thundertree and Cragmaw castle player maps) when opened from the Story panel. When I open them from the Images window, they seem to function normally.
Also, two images appeared in the Image section called "New Drawing". Update: Now I opened another image from the Story section and a third "New Drawing" appeared.

How to resolve this issue?

Zacchaeus
November 7th, 2015, 12:14
Indeed, this does seem to relate to the latest update and it might be related to the new map pin functionality. The last map that the players were on (which was partly masked) along with the DM map of the same area came up as gray squares as if the links were broken from the story. The maps opened up from the list on images but without any pins or masking showing. The only way I found to fix this was to relink the map to the story entries, remove all links and then create new links.

Looking around the other maps that have been used they seem fine, with all the links showing and intact.

This is Hoard of the Dragon Queen by the way.

I'm pretty sure there was another post somewhere on this subject but I can't easily find it now. At any rate looks like at least for some people the latest update has done unspeakable things to some parts of some modules :)

Moon Wizard
November 7th, 2015, 16:44
Szabtom,

Can you send me the zipped up contents of your campaign folder?

* Click on folder icon on the FG launch screen
* Go to campaigns subdirectory
* Right click on folder corresponding to your campaign name.
* Select the Send To option, and choose "Compressed (zipped) folder".

Please send the resulting zip file to [email protected], and reference this thread.

Thanks,
JPG

Szabtom
November 7th, 2015, 17:15
Hi Moon Wizard,
I have sent the zipped folder to the support address.

Szabtom
November 7th, 2015, 17:16
I'm pretty sure there was another post somewhere on this subject but I can't easily find it now.
I also remember a post about this but can't find it anymore!

ddavison
November 7th, 2015, 17:30
DO you have any other extensions loaded, such as enhanced images?

Szabtom
November 7th, 2015, 17:37
I activated the Language Fonts (FR) extension, after the update, that is all. Other than that only the official Decal extensions.

Szabtom
November 7th, 2015, 17:45
I manually archive my campaign data every second week. Does it help if I send the campaign folder from a few weeks ago, from before the 3.1.3 update?

ddavison
November 7th, 2015, 19:32
Hello Szabtom,

I sent you an updated xml file for your moduledb folder. The issue seems to be related to a change that removed the .jpg from the name of the images. Since this was used to generate the DB paths as well, it messed up some linkages for people who had done edits. If you don't have any overrides you want to keep, the simplest solution is to close and reopen the module and then Revert () changes for the module from the Library > Modules screen. This didn't work in your case because it would lose all the rewrites you did for boxed text. The xml file I emailed you should fix the issue and retain your overrides.

We are looking at ways to fix this globally as well, as it was an unintended consequence of cleaning up the Image list. We will post back with more details once a more global fix is identified and rolled out.

Szabtom
November 7th, 2015, 19:56
Thank you, Doug, the image links in the Story panel now work normally! And those "New Drawing" entries are also gone from the Images section.

Zeus
November 8th, 2015, 10:54
We'd made a slight change to the way images were defined in module XML to accommodate a requirement from the SCAG module dev team, in doing so we broke record links to images for those of you with open campaigns. I have queued a set of updates which fixes the problem, they will be part of the next update.

Szabtom
November 12th, 2015, 16:21
Hi,
Unfortunately 3.1.4 brought back the same issue.

ddavison
November 12th, 2015, 16:37
If you want to send us the xml file for your campaign from moduledb again, we can edit it and return it to you.

Szabtom
November 13th, 2015, 08:23
Thanks, but it's okay, we finished the adventure last night. Just wanted to inform you about the issue.