PDA

View Full Version : Fresh install won't see old campaigns

Callum
November 7th, 2015, 07:51
I'm trying to move my Fantasy Grounds installation onto my new PC, running Windows 10. I did a fresh install from the website, then copied everything from the Application Data Folder on my old PC into the Application Data Folder on my new PC. However, although Fantasy Grounds will run fine on the new PC, it doesn't show any of my campaigns. Does anyone have any idea why this might be? The old Application Data Folder was called "Fantasy Grounds II", while the new one is called "Fantasy Grounds", if that makes any difference...

Callum
November 7th, 2015, 08:20
I've fixed it - I had to go into the Settings and manually change the Data Directory enrty to point at the Application Data Folder. I don't know why it wasn't pointing at this automatically, given that it installed the correct location in the Windows menu...

Moon Wizard
November 7th, 2015, 08:28
The default data directory location was changed from "C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\" to "C:\ProgramData" a few versions ago, so that's probably what happened. The data will work correctly in either location.

Cheers,
JPG

Callum
November 7th, 2015, 08:36
Okay, thanks, JPG. It still seems odd that a fresh install creates the data directory in a different location from where the settings are pointing at.

Moon Wizard
November 7th, 2015, 08:56
It shouldn't change the Settings, but more than likely the default settings on installation are different then they were when you installed on your last computer. If you didn't change the default on initial installation, you'd see what you were seeing.

Regards,
JPG

damned
November 7th, 2015, 12:34
On my Win10 computer (fresh install not upgrade) the default path is now: C:\ProgramData\Fantasy Grounds\