PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Player (OotA) - 700pm est Thursdays - DnD 5e (Updated Time)

chopkins779
November 7th, 2015, 02:58
0700 pm EST on THURSDAYS!

Hello,

I am looking for one more player to join a weekly Thursday night game. The player must be 18+ years of age and have reliability to show up every week to the game. If you are uncertain or know you can not be there for most weeks, please reconsider. Life comes first and if you're wife is having a child I don't expect you to come (or some holiday or rare absence). Please put an introduction below and a brief description of your character.

I tend to be open to suggestions and affirmation of rules...but please hold off until the end of the session if you wish to converse about it. My preferred method of DM'ing is sandbox and I am willing to let the player "try" anything, but trying doesn't mean succeeding. I will allow any race except flying races. Any spells or classes that are officially released are allowed (not playtest or homebrew in general). I am accepting witch hunter as a viable class.

I try to balance rp, combat, and puzzles or obstacles and look to satisfy the needs of all my players. Do not be impatient, if I feel that you are disinterested I will ask you what you'd like to see more of after the sessions on occasion.

The characters are just beginning the adventure and you will be starting at level 2. Currently there is a warlock, cleric, and paladin.

I unfortunately will not be able to select everyone, only one person. So do your best in your introduction!

Longrath
November 7th, 2015, 20:51
0700 pm EST on THURSDAYS!

Hello,

I am looking for one more player to join a weekly Wednesday night game (including tonight). The player must be 18+ years of age and have reliability to show up every week to the game. If you are uncertain or know you can not be there for most weeks, please reconsider. Life comes first and if you're wife is having a child I don't expect you to come (or some holiday or rare absence). If you are interested we are running the game tonight. Please put an introduction below and a brief description of your character.

I tend to be open to suggestions and affirmation of rules...but please hold off until the end of the session if you wish to converse about it. My preferred method of DM'ing is sandbox and I am willing to let the player "try" anything, but trying doesn't mean succeeding. I will allow any race except flying races. Any spells or classes that are officially released are allowed (not playtest or homebrew in general). I am accepting witch hunter as a viable class.

I try to balance rp, combat, and puzzles or obstacles and look to satisfy the needs of all my players. Do not be impatient, if I feel that you are disinterested I will ask you what you'd like to see more of after the sessions on occasion.

The characters are just beginning the adventure and you will be starting at level 2. Currently there is a warlock, cleric, and paladin.

I unfortunately will not be able to select everyone, only one person. So do your best in your introduction! We have an hour and a half.

I'm a little confused. The post mentions Wednesday, Thursday, and tonight, which is Saturday. It also says that the time is updated.
About which night are we talking?
I'm afraid that I don't have much to offer other than showing up regularly; provided I know which night the timeslot is.
My experience with role playing dates back to the 1980s. I've played many of the older systems.
My CRPG experience is nearly as old. My online PnP style playing has been done, mostly in Neverwinter Nights, and Neverwinter Nights 2.
My Fantasy Grounds II experience is limited to a couple of campaigns about three years ago. I'm a little rusty.
I'm also more of 3.5e player. 5e is new to me. I would need a lot help and patience from the DM and players, though I find that rulesets generally follow many of the paradigms set in the older systems.

My best CRPG experiences have been using text chat only. This happened in NWN. I do not tend to truly "roleplay" via voice chat clients. I see the benefits of both ways. In one FG campaign we made OOC statements, character actions, and such in voice, and typed player speech. It worked alright. What I'm getting at, is, I'm not at all averse to playing entirely via text.

So, while I could make a more resume like pitch which talks up my qualities in a slick and marketable way, I think this sort of post will provide you with a better idea of what you have to work with.
If it's clearly not a match, that's OK. We don't want a player/group mismatch. If it speaks to a few things which may turn into great successes, then great.

The best time for me is 8pm in the Eastern time zone (I think we're now EDT not EST? - Thats why I just said eastern). 7pm is workable, but it's usually a rushed start. I've tried to make 7pm for my Arma mil-sim activites and it's just a little early; but can be done as long as there aren't a lot of things to be prepared for the night. I don't think there are mods to update or similar things that can exclude you from the game if you roll in unprepared, so maybe the early start is less of a problem in FG.

Thanks for considering.

chopkins779
November 7th, 2015, 21:56
Sorry. Fixed it. I copy pasted it from another post before changing the Day and time but didn't change the content. Oops.

chopkins779
November 7th, 2015, 22:00
Also, EDT ended in October. Though if you're going to be picky about it, we can just call it Eastern Time (ET).

Gorhaf
November 8th, 2015, 01:23
I am 18+ and I am capable of acting like an adult.
I have limited experience with 5th ed, But I have been playing pnp games since 2nd ed.
I am laid back and told I'm entertaining. I like a good balance of elements but at the end of the day its always nice to just puncture someones spleen.
I would be interested in playing a rogue or a barbarian.
Thanks for your time

Pandamonius
November 8th, 2015, 01:31
This sounds very interesting to me. Is there a calendar entry? I haven't played in, well...18+ years, and am looking to get back in. Hoping to pick up enough experience to start running some games myself.

chopkins779
November 8th, 2015, 20:52
I have someone that is playing tonight. The individual may join us on Thursdays too, but I might take another. If you're interested, leave your character description here or send it in a pm.

chopkins779
November 10th, 2015, 18:14
We are filled up for now. If an opening comes up I will contact people who expressed interest first before reposting.