PDA

View Full Version : Connection Failure on WIN 10

kamkor
November 6th, 2015, 20:23
As the title states I am having the Run Test...Failure.. issue.

I have scoured the forums looking for answers, and I have tried most of them, first off I am NOT computer smart. I have tried the fix with finding out my computers IP, and my router/modem ( I am based in Canada and I am using Cogeco as my provider) The modem/router is an Arrius model. I have found my computers default gateway..Subnet mask.. and DNS server.. I have allowed Fantasy grounds passed my firewall in both Private and Public networks.. I tried to add Port 1802 to my routers/modem ports (that was a tad confusing). When i went to add it, it was asking me for Outbound ports and Inbound ports to allow, not sure how that works. Needless to say I am getting a tad frustrated. Would make sense that the program would ask at the beginning to auto set this up. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

damned
November 6th, 2015, 23:44
kamkor are you a player or a GM?
in 95% of cases players dont make changes to their firewalls.
in 100% of cases the ConnectTest is irrelevant to players.
If you are GMing and you get a connection test failure you will have to roll up your sleeves and get inside your router.
if you have specific questions ask them here - there are plenty of general guides on how to do it.
if you need help send me a PM.

Moon Wizard
November 7th, 2015, 00:15
From another individual game thread, it looks like Doug may have resolved with kamkor directly?

JPG

kamkor
November 7th, 2015, 00:45
Yeah Moon, Doug got my issue sorted out, just bought FG today from steam, Thanks for the reply tho Damned and Moon, hope to get in a game of CoC soon, after i learn the basics of FG.