PDA

View Full Version : question on release v3.1.3

kuthulu
November 6th, 2015, 13:24
What does this feature mean? I see I can post hyperlinks in chat but I'm not sure if that was possible before 3.1.3.

"Image and formatted text links can be made shareable (use radial menu or SHIFT-click)."

viresanimi
November 6th, 2015, 13:35
Hey there.

For me, this feature is mostly a great way of managing handouts for players. Lets say you have your players run through a dungeon in D&D. You have a picture of the monster they are playing. You can drag and drop the image link on to the dungeon where they are, shift click on the pin and now the players can see the pin and the image is public, meaning they can activate the link, just like the GM can. This can also be done with other links, if you have a lot of things the players need to keep track off.

I cannot say how much I love this feature. My vampire campaign, requires a my players to keep track of quite a few NPC's. They're not the people whom love to make notes too much, so I help them do it by essentially creating a database for them, which I update at their request.

Play around with it. It has a lot of possibilities.

Vires Animi

kuthulu
November 6th, 2015, 13:43
ahh, I see now. When you shift click the pin it changes from red to green. Nice. That will be good to point out specific details in an area. Thx for the info!

LordEntrails
November 6th, 2015, 16:28
ooh! I'm excited about this :)

Moon Wizard
November 6th, 2015, 18:54
In previous versions, any links in formatted text (i.e. story text) you shared would be automatically shared. However, this created a problem where information a GM didn't want to be shared would accidentally be shared, due to link following. For example, the newer 5E modules have links between each story record for easier browsing between entries. Sharing one of these story records would share the whole module! Also, there was no way for a GM to automatically share links on maps.

The new feature allows the GM to specify which links are shareable on a map or a story record. When the map or story record is shared, any shareable (i.e. green links) will be shared, but the regular links (i.e. red links) will not be shared.

Regards,
JPG