PDA

View Full Version : Chat windows errors - Control(chatscroll) & Control(chatstatus)

WishX
November 5th, 2015, 19:30
I just loaded up the freshly-updated FG v3.1.13 and loaded a module that I made (that was running smoothly until the upgrade and encountered the following in a Console window that pops up :

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:24: attempt to call field 'setDistanceDiagMult' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: chatwindow: Attempt to create multiple instances in windowclass (chat)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(chatscroll) anchoring to an undefined control (chat) in windowclass (chat)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(chatscroll) anchoring to an undefined control (chat) in windowclass (chat)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(chatstatus) anchoring to an undefined control (chat) in windowclass (chat)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(chatstatus) anchoring to an undefined control (chat) in windowclass (chat)

Thinking it might have something to do with the modules themselves that I'd created, I loaded the official Lost Mines module and got the following:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:24: attempt to call field 'setDistanceDiagMult' (a nil value)
Script Notice: Migrating campaign database to latest data version.
Ruleset Notice: Campaign database backup created.
Ruleset Warning: chatwindow: Attempt to create multiple instances in windowclass (chat)

I'm lost, but I know I can't chat in any of them. Ideas?

Thanks!

Etc. etc. When I set the language in the chat box, it throws more Ruleset Errors (a block of them, maybe one line for each language?) and there is no input text box to actually type anything.
I closed that module and loaded another one (that worked before the upgrade) and got the following:

Script Notice: Migrating campaign database to latest data version.
Ruleset Notice: Campaign database backup created.
Database Warning: Module override data exists and base module data has changed for (DD MM Monster Manual)

Thanks!

UPDATE: I just noticed that after updating, I closed out of Fantasy Grounds, loaded it up fresh and discovered that it was back to version 3.1.12 again. If I run Update then immediately load a module, it's fine and works as intended. If I close FG and load it again, it's v3.1.12 again. Any module loaded then throws these errors. It shows the language dropdown box to choose a language in v3.1.12, so I suppose something updated, but the main exe apparently doesn't stick. Not sure what the actual problem is.

WishX
November 5th, 2015, 19:56
UPDATE: I just noticed that after updating, I closed out of Fantasy Grounds, loaded it up fresh and discovered that it was back to version 3.1.12 again. If I run Update then immediately load a module, it's fine and works as intended. If I close FG and load it again, it's v3.1.12 again. Any module loaded then throws these errors. It shows the language dropdown box to choose a language in v3.1.12, so I suppose something updated, but the main exe apparently doesn't stick. Not sure what the actual problem is.

I noticed the same thing was happening to a user in this thread right here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26618-Demo-version-won-t-update-to-3-1-3), but it appears they were in TEST mode. I have been in Live mode the whole time. I am also an Ultimate license holder if that makes any kind of difference during updates.

To test, I just went into Settings and changed from Live to Test, then back to Live and updated. It updated to v3.1.13, so I closed FG down and reloaded it. Back to v3.1.12.

damned
November 6th, 2015, 03:08
please run the updater as Administrator - it sounds like your user doesnt have permission to write the updated files.

WishX
November 6th, 2015, 14:11
please run the updater as Administrator - it sounds like your user doesnt have permission to write the updated files.
I wound up backing up the data directory, scrapping the install and starting from scratch. This worked to get me up to the latest version. We'll see how it goes with future updates.