PDA

View Full Version : classis DnD

randyd9090
November 5th, 2015, 19:10
I have very little time to create a game from the classic dungeons, does anyone ever share thier module creation of the old classic games?

Trenloe
November 5th, 2015, 22:05
...does anyone ever share thier module creation of the old classic games?
Nope. Even though they're "old" they are still covered by copyright and so can't be distributed. It's fine entering the scenario/s in FG for your own private use, but sharing is a breach of copyright.

ianmward
November 6th, 2015, 06:41
The good thing is that it's realy easy to put them in yourself, I regularly prep for a whole scenario in a couple of hours.

leozelig
November 6th, 2015, 11:42
I have run a bunch of the old modules. I would suggest only entering the NPCs and maps and using voice chat for read-aloud text and just having the adventure module open outside of FG like you would for a live tabletop game. I made my own maps with lots of detail, which required the most work for me but wasn't absolutely necessary.

Zerbious
October 9th, 2016, 16:00
I have run a bunch of the old modules. I would suggest only entering the NPCs and maps and using voice chat for read-aloud text and just having the adventure module open outside of FG like you would for a live tabletop game. I made my own maps with lots of detail, which required the most work for me but wasn't absolutely necessary.

Uhg, so you're saying I'm doing it wrong! :D Your way does seem to make more sense, I'm recreating the old basic modules into 5e and recreating the entire modules into FG.

leozelig
October 9th, 2016, 22:54
Not wrong, just takes more time. But that's not bad if you like it that way. :)

Zerbious
October 9th, 2016, 23:15
LOL I know, I was kidding about it being wrong. I plan on streaming the games, so it will be easier to have it all in FG.