PDA

View Full Version : PFS Emerald Spire Superdungeon Campaign (Levels 1-11)

Pages : [1] 2

HoloGnome
November 5th, 2015, 04:13
I am going to run all 11 levels of the Emerald Spire Superdungeon in NORMAL mode (NON-CORE). Each one is 3XP/4PP and will hopefully, for the most part, be single-session events. I will be running these events at the same time each week, possibly with skipped weeks here and there, depending on my schedule. If there is overflow, I am happy to team up with another GM to run 2 tables. Or, perhaps someone would like to run a CORE table in parallel. I may also run a 2nd session on a slower track. However, I had planned to use some of that time for Reign of Winter.

I will be choosing the party from among the registrants, and I would like these games to be focused and efficient to help minimize the need for session extension. I anticipate that each session will be 4-5 hours. Things may extend as PCs increase in level.

Please post here and sign up on the calendar to apply. Characters will all start at 0XP and be dedicated characters for Emerald Spire.

Calendar Event (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1680)

Note that at levels 12 and beyond, PCs become Seekers. However, in order to run Seeker story arcs, you must have EXACTLY 33XP. Emerald Spire levels confer 3XP, so that is why you will be starting at 0XP (and finishing at 33XP as a valid Seeker).

This campaign will run long-term into the start of 2016. Hopefully, we will finish up by some time in February!

Emerald Spire Levels:
Level 1: "The Tower Ruins" by Lisa Stevens
Level 2: "The Cellars" by Ed Greenwood
Level 3: "Splinterden" by Michael A. Stackpole
Level 4: "Godhome" by Frank Mentzer
Level 5: "The Drowned Level" by Sean K Reynolds
Level 6: "The Clockwork Maze" by Richard Baker
Level 7: "Shrine of the Awakener" by Chris Pramas
Level 8: "The Circle of Vissk-Thar" by Jason Bulmahn
Level 9: "The Spire Axis" by Tim Hitch****
Level 10: "The Magma Vault" by F. Wesley Schneider
Level 11: "The Tomb of Yarrix" by Wolfgang Baur

xazil
November 5th, 2015, 04:24
I could play through this, although as a note I have read (and GM'd) levels 1-6. But I have only played through the Evergreen level 1.

bigboom
November 5th, 2015, 04:31
Sounds like fun! I've signed up on the calendar entry to indicate I'm interested. Unfortunately, I won't be able to join this Saturday's session. Hopefully, I'll make the next scenario... Or an alternate time if another table is held.

HG, if the same group of players can't make every session, is there flexibility for people to come in and out as long as the level difference is not too extreme? Or does every scenario have to have the same group of characters for the entire campaign?

HoloGnome
November 5th, 2015, 04:33
There may be drop-ins. I would like to see a dedicated campaign, however. xazil: no problem...as long as I can play when you run it. :D My preference would be to start this weekend...but I might be able to swap Saturday/Sunday days with Reign of Winter.

kiito
November 5th, 2015, 05:46
Am interested but am totally new to PFS, would this be bad to start with? Timing might be rough too but possibly doable other than some holiday weekends if I'm out of town.

Malkavian_Andi
November 5th, 2015, 07:12
You won't be able to play Level 11, btw, unless you go slow at some point.

Oh, and since I already played a few of the levels, I won't be able to play the entire thing, but may be available as a drop-in sometimes.

Blainee
November 5th, 2015, 08:31
This sounds great! I'm new to table top, but very much getting into it and a long campaign like this sounds very exciting. Would you be willing to invite somebody that has very little experience?

HoloGnome
November 5th, 2015, 08:33
Kiito - Sorry, but I am not considering brand new players for this game. I'll run The Confirmation again in the not-too-distant future...or you can check out one of the CORE games that is about to run (soon).

Andi - shouldn't players be able to play 11 without going slow? At the start of L11, they will have 30XP and Seeker is at 33XP (PC Level 12).

Starting XP cliffs:
L1: 0XP; L2: 3XP; L3: 6XP; L4: 9XP; L5: 12XP
L6: 15XP; L7: 18XP; L8: 21XP; L9: 24XP; L10: 27XP
L11: 30XP

Finish Level 11 at 33 = 12th Level/Seeker after the award.

Once characters reach 12th level, they may no longer play in tiered scenarios for levels 1–11.

Am I misunderstanding?

Happy to have you along! I'm not sure yet how it will work, these may end up being drop-in games, and I might not start this weekend.

cmdisc
November 5th, 2015, 08:37
If you go normal progression then by the end of Dungeon Level 10, you become 11th character level, which means you out-leveled for Yarrix (which is 8-10 only). The Magma Vault will need to be Slow Tracked.

Also running this straight through means the PP suffers a little, but that's the price you pay to be able to level so quickly.

I'd be up for this, but I can't commit to the schedule. Plus it looks like you have plenty of interest already. Maybe someday I'll pair up with another GM and we'll both run it for each other and others. First as Normal, then as CORE? Oh the possibilities..... ^_^

Victor
November 5th, 2015, 09:30
I have played 1-5 already but may be availabe if you need drop ins for higher levels.

AxitMaster
November 5th, 2015, 14:12
Hey this really looks like a fun long game which I definitely like.
Will have my character ready today for you.

HoloGnome
November 5th, 2015, 15:51
Andi/cmdisc: Oh - I see - I hadn't checked the Sanctioned Content key. It looks like we'll be able to do at least 15 levels!

Below is how it will go for characters that play the whole thing. Also, your character will level out at the end, assuming that you begin with a dedicated character for this campaign at 0XP.

SANCTIONED CONTENT KEY (with starting XP)
Level 1: The Tower Ruins 1–2 (0XP, PC/1)
Level 2: The Cellars 1–3 (3XP, PC/2)
Level 3: Splinterden 2–4 (6XP, PC/3)
Level 4: Godhome 3–5* (9XP, PC/4) -- SLOW
Level 5: The Drowned Level 3–5* (10.5XP, PC/4.5) -- SLOW
Level 6: The Clockwork Maze 4–6 (12XP, PC/5)
Level 7: Shrine of the Awakener 5–7 (15XP, PC/6)
Level 8: The Circle of Vissk-Thar 6–8 (18XP, PC/7)
Level 9: The Spire Axis 7–9 (21XP, PC/8)
Level 10: The Magma Vault 8–10* (24XP, PC/9) -- SLOW
Level 11: The Tomb of Yarrix 8–10* (25.5XP, PC/9.5) -- SLOW
Level 12: The Automaton Forge 9–11* (27XP, PC/10) -- SLOW
Level 13: The Pleasure Gardens 9–11* (28.5XP, PC/10.5) -- SLOW
Level 14: The Throne of Azlant 10–12* (30XP, PC/11) -- SLOW
Level 15: Order and Chaos 10–12* (31.5XP, PC/11.5) -- SLOW
[Level 16: The Emerald Root 11–13 (33XP, PC/12 - ends beyond 12th -- OR...instead do SEEKER/Eyes of the Ten)]

Altogether, there will be 8 levels with SLOW advancement in the above plan. I guess it's possible to run Level 16, since the sanctioned AP chronicle is Level 11-13 (but will leave you with > 33 XP).

Alternately, we could add 2 more SLOW levels (Levels 9 & 16, 10 total) to end Level 16 with exactly 33XP and have characters be eligible for Eyes of the Ten (seems preferable, if I am understanding everything correctly):

SANCTIONED CONTENT KEY (with starting XP)
Level 1: The Tower Ruins 1–2 (0XP, PC/1)
Level 2: The Cellars 1–3 (3XP, PC/2)
Level 3: Splinterden 2–4 (6XP, PC/3)
Level 4: Godhome 3–5* (9XP, PC/4) -- SLOW
Level 5: The Drowned Level 3–5* (10.5XP, PC/4.5) -- SLOW
Level 6: The Clockwork Maze 4–6 (12XP, PC/5)
Level 7: Shrine of the Awakener 5–7 (15XP, PC/6)
Level 8: The Circle of Vissk-Thar 6–8 (18XP, PC/7)
Level 9: The Spire Axis 7–9 (21XP, PC/8) -- SLOW
Level 10: The Magma Vault 8–10* (22.5XP, PC/8.5) -- SLOW
Level 11: The Tomb of Yarrix 8–10* (24XP, PC/9) -- SLOW
Level 12: The Automaton Forge 9–11* (25.5XP, PC/9.5) -- SLOW
Level 13: The Pleasure Gardens 9–11* (27XP, PC/10) -- SLOW
Level 14: The Throne of Azlant 10–12* (28.5XP, PC/10.5) -- SLOW
Level 15: Order and Chaos 10–12* (30XP, PC/11) -- SLOW
Level 16: The Emerald Root 11–13 (31.5XP, PC/11.5) -- SLOW
--> End at 33XP, PC/12 - eligible for Seeker / Eyes of the Ten

Feel free to check my math and comment! :)

If characters want to start with 1XP (from the Confirmation, for example), you can do Spire 1: Tower Ruins as SLOW for 1.5XP. Then, I'm willing to divert to another regular scenario as SLOW for 0.5XP, and that will let us resume Spire 2: The Cellars on track for the rest of the progression above with 3XP.

So, if you want to run your characters who have been in the Confirmation, that is what I would recommend. It's a little bit involved, but should ensure that nobody is unhappy at the end!

kiito
November 5th, 2015, 16:08
Kiito - Sorry, but I am not considering brand new players for this game. I'll run The Confirmation again in the not-too-distant future...or you can check out one of the CORE games that is about to run (soon).

I'll be running the CORE game on Sunday with Blackfoot, hopefully that'll get me enough exp with the game to join your other games in the future. Just trying to get into as many games as my time allows =D. Thanks!

HoloGnome
November 5th, 2015, 16:54
Oh, OK - sounds great! I hope you have a great time in your first game. The Confirmation is a fun, mysterious, and even thrilling adventure!

bigboom
November 5th, 2015, 17:55
Heya HG, are you thinking to consistently run one event per week (with perhaps a weekend off every now and then for holidays)? Or do you plan to schedule each event on an ad hoc basis based on people's availability?

I ask because my personal schedule can get spotty and sometimes varies week to week. As much as I'd love to join, I don't want to sign up and occupy a spot only to then cause scheduling issues or party gaps due to my sometimes erratic schedule.

Ken L
November 5th, 2015, 17:58
Having had run Emerald, levels 4+ will take more than one session unless you're just doing combat, then it's nothing more than a crawler.

HoloGnome
November 5th, 2015, 18:38
I guess we'll see. There's no requirement to finish 1 per session (but I don't foresee major problems at the moment) and players will presumably be allocating dedicated characters, so it doesn't really matter in terms of PCs being unavailable for other games. The only issue may be with drop-ins, but, again, it really depends. From experience, providing I do my job as GM, game time will mostly hinge on player choices, decisiveness and turn time.

cmdisc
November 5th, 2015, 18:39
Actually you can go Regular pace for everything until you hit Dungeon Level 10. Then run 10-15 all Slow Tracked. That will keep you within the range you need to be. Finally finish out Level 16 on Normal and you'll have a character who enjoyed 13 playable levels and ends at 14th.

cmdisc
November 5th, 2015, 18:41
I'll be running the CORE game on Sunday with Blackfoot, hopefully that'll get me enough exp with the game to join your other games in the future. Just trying to get into as many games as my time allows =D. Thanks!

Just keep in mind that you can't play Normal PFS characters in CORE games. And if you move your CORE character over to a Normal game, then they are forever Normal from then on.

Malkavian_Andi
November 5th, 2015, 19:29
Without spoiling too much, you also need to be careful with Level 4 (Godhome), as it might force you to add in another regular scenario, depending on how the game ends. (HoloGnome, just look at the chronicle for Godhome and you'll know what I mean ;) )

The only issue may be with drop-insBy the time you know there's place for a drop-in, you'll have a good idea of how many sessions you'll need for the level, so any drop-ins would be forewarned if it takes longer than one session. Anyone choosing to play a game that's advertised as taking 2 sessions knows that their character gets locked in for that duration ;)

HoloGnome
November 5th, 2015, 19:29
cm - the problem is not bypassing 33XP for Seeker status and eligibility for arcs like Eyes of the Ten. If players want to have that option, it looks like 10 sessions will have to be SLOW. If they pass 33XP, they will not be eligible. Otherwise, as you say, the sanctioned content goes through Level 13. It will really depend on what each player wants for their character, I guess.

Andi - OK - I'll take a look. :)

kwarner1986
November 5th, 2015, 22:07
I would play, but my ID won't be eligible until like Level 6 unless we did CORE. Then I'm eligible for everything.

GM BK
November 5th, 2015, 22:33
Same... if it's core, i'm good to go... if not, then i'll have to skip Splinterden and The Drowned Level. As far as scheduling goes, Saturday's are ok for the most part, although i'll probably have to work one every once in a while...

AxitMaster
November 6th, 2015, 01:20
Here is the file for my character.

Purchase list:
Lamellar Cuirass 1 15 15
Cestus 1 5 5
Traveler's Outfit 1 1 1
Rations, Trail 4 0.5 2
Waterskin 1 1 1
Bedroll 1 0.1 0.1
Bandolier 1 0.5 0.5
Acid 1 10 10
Alchemist's Fire 1 20 20
Antitoxin 1 50 50
Soothe Syrup 1 25 25
Vermin Repellent 4 5 20

Myrddin
November 6th, 2015, 01:25
I'd love to get in on this HG if you end up planning a second time slot. I can only make GMT evening time slot I'm afraid, so I understand if this doesn't work.

HoloGnome
November 6th, 2015, 11:57
Well...I'm already running an Emerald Spire CORE campaign. Level 1 took 4 hours, including basic intro and completing all encounters, but I doubt that will be sustainable at higher levels.

My preference would be to run in NORMAL mode for the GM build credits, not that I need them, I suppose. I haven't even been assigning the ones I have accumulated so far. Also - Myrrdin - would love to have you play, but I can't commit to afternoons in PST, which is evening for you. :-/ I guess it doesn't have to be a campaign. I can just run them as one-offs. I'll think about it.

GM BK
November 6th, 2015, 14:00
Signed up with my new character, a fighter for now... but just dipping into it for the first two levels, then it's on to investigator! plan on going ranged with him, so the extra feats will be nice :)

JWMK
November 6th, 2015, 17:33
Sounds like an awsome adventure to have a dedicated character on. Unfortunately I am travelling until the 23rdof November and wouldn't be able to participate. Maybe I could jump in later if there is room, or I could wait in hopes of someone else running it rthrough in the future. Thanks for dedicating the time to make these events possible!

HoloGnome
November 6th, 2015, 17:47
OK - make sure you vote on the time. If we have a legal table, I guess I will go ahead...and it looks like we do.

Andi - I see what you mean about Godhome. I guess we'll see. :D

GM BK
November 6th, 2015, 17:59
Probably won't have my XML and token ready till just before the start of the game, so in the meantime, here's the rest of my info.

Vandell Blackmane Portfolio (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fMFzB3mpRFuGs4DZkJ7P7piQqvsaOwReltq3x8C-ndk/edit?usp=sharing)

HoloGnome
November 6th, 2015, 18:20
If you want to play a pregen and modify later, that's fine.

GM BK
November 6th, 2015, 18:37
Na, that's ok. It won't take me long to get him together... he's just a fighter right now... might even have him to you tonight after I finish running my Kingmaker session.

JWMK
November 6th, 2015, 20:38
Looks like I am not travelling after all! So I have registered for the first session.... So glad I could be involved from the beginnig. Any idea of party makeup yet? CORE or Standard? I would prefer Standard if you are taking a vote. If you go Standard I will likely not have a character 100% done by tomorrow, but would like to know the party mix so we can have a good group get us all to LEVEL 12! :)

GM BK
November 6th, 2015, 20:45
Fighter 2/Investigator 10 will be my eventual build... So I'll have the Knowledge Skills and Trapfinding/Disarming thing covered... I'm also ranged as well, so I should be a little more than just a skill monkey :)

Edit: You may need to find a replacement for me for Splinterden and The Drowned Level... I've already played those, but if needed I can play them again, just for no credit.

HoloGnome
November 6th, 2015, 21:32
...okbk. :D

HoloGnome
November 6th, 2015, 23:07
OK - Archania - vote on the time on the calendar.

So - for tomorrow, it looks like:

xazil
BK
JWMK
AxitMaster
Archania

...room for 1 more. Brainpolice? cmdisc? Andy? kwarner? - 1st level of the Spire is Evergreen, btw. So, it is replayable. It would be great to have someone who hasn't played it, but whatever works.

Victor
November 6th, 2015, 23:16
Well...I'm already running an Emerald Spire CORE campaign. Level 1 took 4 hours, including basic intro and completing all encounters, but I doubt that will be sustainable at higher levels.

ES1 is notoriously a quick and dirty little module in PFS, it's pretty cut-down.
That won't be the case with higher levels. But as you said. running a module in 2 sessions won't be a problem since your players will be dedicated.

HoloGnome
November 7th, 2015, 00:06
Could be. We'll see. Historically speaking (per other GMs), at the game store, most levels run 1 session. I will be running each level live before running online, which should also help on timing.

cmdisc
November 7th, 2015, 01:11
HG, thanks for the mention. :) Unfortunately the time is smack in the middle of my busy day. So I'll have to decline for now. But enjoy the adventure and knock 'em dead.

....only not really.

HoloGnome
November 7th, 2015, 01:33
HG, thanks for the mention. :) Unfortunately the time is smack in the middle of my busy day.

Yep - I know that one re: precious weekend time. That's why my games are at 4AM my time. :D

JWMK
November 7th, 2015, 01:45
Do we have a time yet? Do we know what races/classes we have? Will work on char tonight but would help if I know what party was for this long campaign.

HoloGnome
November 7th, 2015, 08:40
Looks like 5 for the game unless someone else joins. There will probably be some drop-ins, so a consistent party may be difficult. But, it would help to have a good base. However, tomorrow, I will have pregens loaded to fill any weak spots so that people have time to make their characters for Level 2.

Tarkhel
November 7th, 2015, 15:05
((Edit: Many, many apologies for barging into a game unprepared. I'll try to be more careful next time.))

mmoplayer79
November 7th, 2015, 20:04
HoloGnome.
I am going to hopefully be playing the Confirmation game (CORE) with Blackfoot tomorrow afternoon with Kami Hiromi III (CORE). I am interested in getting into a full fledged campaign like this one you're running here as soon after I finish the Confirmation and hoped that you hadn't begun this one yet. Oh, well :(. The game you're running is quite earlier than I would want to play anyway (also living in CA, USA - PST time). I hope something like this game you're running comes along again soon. If the days/times are right on for me, I'd love to play more PFS :). It'd be ok for me to start playing something like this after I play the Confirmation game, yeah? And, everything works out so I could play whole thing? Thanks for being an awesome GM and thanks for keeping us all informed about games coming up :).

HoloGnome
November 7th, 2015, 22:13
Tarkhel - no worries - we were in the heat of combat. I was waiting until we got to a break in the action. mmo - glad you are having fun with PFS and thanks for your kind words! I will definitely be running more one-off games and will be posting them in the forums. I probably won't do any more campaigns for a while, however.

Anyway - for both of you, I think we are full for Emerald Spire. We have 1-2 more already waiting in the wings, but there may be pickup opportunities for one-off games, depending on how things go (but at upper levels). Watch for upcoming PFS games! :D

mmoplayer79
November 9th, 2015, 18:01
Thank you and your welcome. I will keep looking for full out campaigns to play with Kami. Take care :)

bigboom
November 12th, 2015, 08:44
HG, I owe you the XML for my character, Sabi. I'll be playing a scenario between now and your game on Saturday which should push Sabi up to level 2. I'll post up Sabi's XML and chronicle for you then!

HoloGnome
November 12th, 2015, 13:55
OK.

NOTE: For session 1, I think that the only one who gave me purchases/starting gear was BK.

Please post or send your costed starting inventory/purchases (xazil, Axitmaster, JWMK, Vladlock).

When I receive them, I will generate your chronicle for Tower Ruiins.

Also, since your characters are dedicated to the Spire, I assume that everyone wants the land grant to help boost Fame unless you say otherwise. Taking the land grants will also help you use all 4PP in each adventure. So, for example, the 1st adventure will be Land A: 2PP, Wand of CLW: 2PP.

GM BK
November 12th, 2015, 14:03
So, how does the land thing work for those of us that have played a level or two of Emerald Spire previously?

HoloGnome
November 12th, 2015, 15:53
BK: it's a chronicle boon, so if you get the chronicle, you get the boon. If you can play a level for credit and get a chronicle sheet, then you can buy more land.
Archania: Half-Orc Bloodrager?

Again - I need costed starting inventories for everyone except BK.

GM BK
November 12th, 2015, 16:26
Got it, thanks HG! :)

JWMK
November 13th, 2015, 05:19
OK.

NOTE: For session 1, I think that the only one who gave me purchases/starting gear was BK.

Please post or send your costed starting inventory/purchases (xazil, Axitmaster, JWMK, Vladlock).

When I receive them, I will generate your chronicle for Tower Ruiins.

Also, since your characters are dedicated to the Spire, I assume that everyone wants the land grant to help boost Fame unless you say otherwise. Taking the land grants will also help you use all 4PP in each adventure. So, for example, the 1st adventure will be Land A: 2PP, Wand of CLW: 2PP.

Just sent all my purchases and my Level 2 draft for you to review.

Looking forward to Saturday!

JWMK

bigboom
November 13th, 2015, 06:52
Hi HG. I completed a scenario playing a lvl 7 bard pregen a little while ago and am having it applied to my rogue, Sabi. The GM of that game will take about a day to get me the chronicle sheet, so I don't have it on hand right now, but will post it up as soon as I get it.

But since it's being applied as credit to Sabi, I figure I can setup Sabi right now before I get the chronicle itself. Sabi has a total of 3 chronicle sheets credited from playing pregens, which, unless I'm mistaken, pushes him up to level 2 and makes him even with the rest of the Emerald Spire group and starts with 1650 gold.

Attached is the XML, portrait, and inventory sheet (this will be his starting gear) for Sabi.

Aside from the latest chronicle sheet, let me know if you need any additional info!

bigboom
November 14th, 2015, 04:43
And here's the latest chronicle for Sabi. The GM stated after he sent it out that he forgot to cross out the proper boons. So he asked us (the players) to cross out all except for "Friend of the Family." I don't believe the PDF is editable by me, but if you like, I'll forward you the email he sent to us stating this.

With this, I believe Sabi is all set...let me know if there is anything outstanding!

JWMK
November 14th, 2015, 07:50
Hey guys - I know it is only about 4 hours until we play but everyone (including myself) has been so busy I haven't had a chance to reach out until now... So attached is my character for the Superdungeon! If you can, please take a look and give me your feedback before he gets locked down in today's session.

Thanks!

bigboom
November 26th, 2015, 14:30
Just checking. Has the chronicles from level 2 been sent out yet? I'm ready to post my character's level 3 xml, but just waiting on the chronicle before doing so.

HoloGnome
November 26th, 2015, 15:10
I'm working on them now.

HoloGnome
November 26th, 2015, 15:27
If anyone did not put their purchases on their notes tab, please send them to me now. Thx. The award is 1536 gold.

bigboom
November 27th, 2015, 21:07
Heya HG. I'll be offline more or less from now until about a half hour before we start, so I'm posting my character's updated XML now. I think you're still working through the chronicles? Once I'm back online, I'll check the chronicle against this XML. Thanks!

bigboom
December 3rd, 2015, 09:40
Heya HG. I'm guessing you've got a backlog of chronicles, so the ones for level 2 and 3 are still in progress. In the meantime, here's my character's level 4 XML. If you get the level 2 and 3 chronicles out before the next session, I'll go through them to make sure this XML is correct.

Are we planning to roll again this Saturday?

HoloGnome
December 4th, 2015, 00:59
Yeah - I'll get them done tomorrow.

HoloGnome
December 4th, 2015, 14:09
Hi bigboom - that Silvermount chronicle above is incomplete. I can't make use of it until it's filled in. In addition, you wouldn't get the Dark Archive boons, since you are Exchange Faction. I emailed you one so that you can fix/complete it. It took some guts to play up with a level 1 character on Silvermount Collection, which you probably didn't realize until after the fact. Congrats on surviving. ;)

bigboom
December 5th, 2015, 04:19
Thanks for the help fixing up that previous chronicle!

HoloGnome
December 5th, 2015, 22:56
Sure - no problem. Glad that worked out. Congrats on an interesting and novel approach to Level 4! Now...on to ES5: The Drowned Level!

bigboom
December 8th, 2015, 16:26
Archania, HG is working through the chronicles. I've been tracking the rewards and purchases on my own and will match it up with the chronicles when HG finishes them.

HG & everyone, I'm on for this weekend (Dec 12), but I'm 95% sure I won't be able to make it for the following two weekends (Dec 19 and 26). As a result, I'm thinking to take the level 4 Godhome rewards as a normal track rather than slow since I'm guessing I'll miss a level or two that everyone else will proceed with. I'll setup a level 4.5 (slow track) and level 5 XML (normal track) for Sabi just to be prepared for whatever the situation calls for this coming weekend.

HoloGnome
December 8th, 2015, 16:34
Sorry for the delay. At the moment, I am trying to resolve an extended retcon audit in another game. I'm about 1/2 done with chronicles.

HoloGnome
December 8th, 2015, 23:10
Based on player comments from the Emerald Spire party, it looks like there is room for 1 additional person in the next 2-3 sessions, which may translate to 2 or 3 levels.

If anyone would like to play, please send me a PM.

For starters, Dungeon/Level Requirements Are:
Emerald Spire 5: The Drowned Level / Level 3-5 - Can use a Pregen/4 -- may run in 1 or 2 sessions
Emerald Spire 6: The Clockwork Maze / Level 4-6 - Can use a Pregen/4

The regular game time is 4:00AM Pacific on Saturdays.

HoloGnome
December 9th, 2015, 05:54
OK - opening filled. Thx.

diablodevil2
December 9th, 2015, 13:58
Alright, Quinn should be all set. Some items I made up/don't know the weight for, but I think functionally he should be fine.

Edit;

I'm noticing some things I have to change/add, actually.

HoloGnome
December 9th, 2015, 15:07
Here - use this one...

bigboom
December 10th, 2015, 14:50
As mentioned, here's my level 4.5 (slow track) XML and my level 5 (normal track) XML. I'll roll with whichever makes the most sense come Saturday!

HoloGnome
December 10th, 2015, 14:58
Hi bb - Refer to the content in the earlier Emerald Spire progression post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26691-PFS-Emerald-Spire-Superdungeon-Campaign-%28Levels-1-11%29&p=237849&viewfull=1#post237849), map out your character, make your choice and let me know. Thx.

bigboom
December 10th, 2015, 15:04
Thanks HG. Considering it looks like I'll be missing a level in the upcoming weeks, I'll go with normal track for Sabi. So this Saturday, I'll roll with the Sabi Dashkey XP 12 xml.

Seeya soon!

diablodevil2
December 12th, 2015, 17:20
No one can touch the old man of defensive doom!

Fun times, though, see you guys next week.

GM BK
December 12th, 2015, 17:50
So, were you guys able to complete it in one session?

diablodevil2
December 12th, 2015, 18:13
No, but we stonewalled a very difficult opponent. At least enough to defeat it. :D

GM BK
December 12th, 2015, 18:22
nice :)

bigboom
December 13th, 2015, 05:13
HG & everyone, I'm on for this weekend (Dec 12), but I'm 95% sure I won't be able to make it for the following two weekends (Dec 19 and 26).

I'm 100% sure I won't be able to make it at the normal time next weekend (Dec 19) and still 95% sure I cannot make it at the normal time the weekend after (Dec 26).

Since we didn't finish level 5, The Drowned Level, I don't want to hold up the group for two weeks straight due to my unavailability. So to move forward, I can think of two options:

HG, would it be allowed for someone to take over Sabi for a day? If anyone would like to play Sabi for a session and if he dies, just try to make sure he does so gloriously or at the hands of a beautiful (but treacherous) lady because either scenario would be the way Sabi would like to go out!! (Perhaps BK would like to take Sabi?)
Or can we switch to another time/day? HG and everyone else, if you're okay with it, I'm happy to gather up everyone's available times and figure out an alternative time slot. Just either PM me with your available times or post it here.

My available times in EST time zone for this week are as follows:

Monday, Dec 14: 8AM to 3PM (7 hour play time window)
Tuesday, Dec 15: 8AM to 3PM (7 hour play time window)
Wednesday, Dec 16: 8AM to 3PM (7 hour play time window)
Thursday, Dec 17: 8AM to 3PM (7 hour play time window)
Friday, Dec 18: Play 10:30AM to 1PM (2.5 hour play time window)
Friday, Dec 18, 7PM to Saturday, Dec 19 8AM (13 hour play time window)
Saturday, Dec 19 Noon to Sunday, Dec 20 3PM (27 hour play time window)

Really sorry for the inconvenience guys!

GM BK
December 13th, 2015, 14:34
ya, i can play Sabi if need be :)

HoloGnome
December 14th, 2015, 02:52
If only that were legal...but can't do that. If we can't figure out a time, then Sabi will have to drop. However, someone else is welcome to join. If so, they will get 1/3 less gold and XP and lose 1PP for missing the first sesssion.

GM BK
December 14th, 2015, 16:13
ya, kind of figured that wasn't legal... sorry bigboom!

bigboom
December 14th, 2015, 17:18
It's all good. We'll see if the rest of the group chimes in with availability for an alternate time.

If not, then yup, Sabi will have to drop out, which is fine. I was worried that the scenario couldn't continue and would have to be put on hold until all those that started it were available to come together again to finish it.

diablodevil2
December 14th, 2015, 19:09
Personally I'd be fine with starting later. As an EST late-riser, I can do the whole 7AM time thing, but it hurt a bit, ha.

bigboom
December 15th, 2015, 18:45
Welp, never mind the issues I had with timing for this Saturday. Work travel schedule got changed last minute and the upside is I no longer have a time conflict, so I'll be there are the normal time!

HoloGnome
December 16th, 2015, 22:39
Great!

diablodevil2
December 18th, 2015, 00:48
Hey HG, you said last time I think that the rest of this scenario will be pretty short, right? I'm just asking because I signed up as an alt on another PFS game that starts 3 hours later. If I get in on that, I'll probably cancel on this one if you think we won't finish within 3 hours, just cause I don't want to leave you guys high and dry.

It's just a curiosity, mostly, since I'm not certain to get into the other game. But if I did, I'd want to get my level 1 started up. Not to ask too much about what's gonna happen and such. =p

HoloGnome
December 18th, 2015, 17:32
Hopefully, we will finish in good time, but hard to say. The party is about 1/2 done - maybe a little more. It depends on player actions, focus and execution. At the game store, the whole thing ran in under 5 hrs. If you leave early, you will probably be losing 1XP/1PP and 1/3 gold, which is just about what you would gain from the later adventure. So, in addition to abandoning the party/game, it will be a net zero gain for your PC. Your commitment should probably be to the current game, and if we finish, then play the later one, not the other way around. Similarly, if, for some reason, the module you are in now that was advertised as taking 2 sessions does run over 3 hours in the 2nd session, then you might be able to join the follow-on game late and take a reduced reward for that one, assuming the GM allows a late join, which is probably the better strategy for your character in terms of rewards (if there has to be a sacrifice on either end, that is).

diablodevil2
December 18th, 2015, 17:37
Ohhh, so I'd still get XP and gold and such for my level 1 character? Unless I'm misunderstanding. That's pretty neat. c: Yea, I don't think there's much of a chance of me not finishing up the Spire level here with you guys, it was just a curiosity.

HoloGnome
December 18th, 2015, 17:44
Yes - if you check the Guide (p. 31, p. 37), you will see that there are reduced rewards for partial participation. Also, note that if you are intending to apply this chronicle from an upper-level Quinn pregen to a 1st level character, the gold will be capped at 1398gp.

HoloGnome
December 19th, 2015, 20:54
Good game today and congrats on the level success! Those were some tough battles! Next level...The Clockwork Maze.

bigboom
December 20th, 2015, 07:58
Xazil, Jedidiah's lance is broken right? Is that expensive to repair? Sabi has access to a wand of make whole with 5 charges. Would that fix up your lance?

AxitMaster
December 20th, 2015, 11:06
Thanks for the game HG.

Just one small little request, .....

Please no more frogs. Ever. PERIOD.

xazil
December 20th, 2015, 12:23
Xazil, Jedidiah's lance is broken right? Is that expensive to repair? Sabi has access to a wand of make whole with 5 charges. Would that fix up your lance? Thanks for the offer bigboom. Jeddediah's lance was indeed broken (but not destroyed) and Make Whole will fix it (actually just works out right as its a CL3 magic item). It only cost 60gp to have it cast back in town so I noted for HG to do so.

HoloGnome
December 20th, 2015, 22:13
Let's see - is it 60gp? Make Whole is 2nd Level and a +1 weapon is CL3 (3x the enhancement bonus for basic enchanted stuff), which equals the base caster level for a 2nd level spell. So, the cost is CL3 * SL2 * 10 = 60gp. Yep - sounds right. :)

I guess if it had been destroyed, it just increases the caster level by 2x, so 120gp. Mending would also work, but would require multiple castings.

HoloGnome
December 20th, 2015, 22:20
Thanks for the game HG.

Just one small little request, .....

Please no more frogs. Ever. PERIOD.

Haha! There were a lot...very true, very true. :D

GM BK
December 20th, 2015, 23:17
Here is the updated version of Vandell. Since my last session in this campaign, I've added my chronicles from Plunder & Peril to put him up to Fighter 2/Investigator 4.... this also came with a fat sack of coin :)

Purchases are detailed in his portfolio (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fMFzB3mpRFuGs4DZkJ7P7piQqvsaOwReltq3x8C-ndk/edit?usp=sharing).

His Perception was kind of lagging behind, so I took Skill Focus for his 5th level feat, and Expanded Inspiration as his first Investigator Talent. This allows me to use Inspiration on any Perception checks for free, putting his Perception at 12+1d6. His Disable Device went up considerably as well. That's at +17 now, but once I hit next level, it'll be +18 and I'll be able to add my Inspiration to it for free, adding an extra 1d6 to all rolls. Seriously, between Sabi and I, we should have zero problems with traps or locks.

Here is his XML. See you folks on Saturday!!!

HoloGnome
December 20th, 2015, 23:31
Sounds good - also, great organization!

GM BK
December 20th, 2015, 23:58
No trouble at all :)

diablodevil2
December 21st, 2015, 05:06
Heya HG, I'm curious; how does the gold I got work exactly? I have a game at 4 pm EST on Monday (today, technically), and I was wondering if I can buy things beforehand, or how that works. Like, the always available stuff, I mean. I see the session on my PFS account there, but I'm not sure if I get the gold you mentioned earlier in the thread (I assume so), and if I have to like...note somewhere how I'm spending it. No worries if I don't hear back by the game tomorrow, but it could be handy.

GM BK
December 21st, 2015, 05:37
Well, I can answer this... As far as buying stuff goes, between scenarios you can purchase anything from the "Always Available" list on page 24 of the PFS Guild Guide. You can also purchase any items that are on any of the chronicles that character has earned. Outside of that, you are somewhat restricted in what you can buy based on your Fame. See page 25 of the guide for the table and rules concerning that.

All purchases must be noted on your Tracking Sheet and on the chronicle sheet for the scenario you are entering.

if you're like me and have multiple characters, keeping track of all this stuff can get difficult. i recommend creating separate folders for each character to store your chronicles and using a spreadsheet of some sort. This (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RuPl67MChFFQn06-Wto4-Eks4YabP603wgrSTJxHV0/edit?usp=sharing) is what i use. i've set it up so all you have to do is just plug in the data and it'll add everything up. feel free to copy it to your own google drive :)

JWMK
December 21st, 2015, 06:10
HoloGnome - Can you confirm that the we are skipping the 26th and that the next session will be the 2nd of January. I will be travelling for Christmas and just need to ensure that my plans accomodate the schedule. Thanks.

JK

HoloGnome
December 21st, 2015, 14:52
diablo: I sent your chronicle.
JWMK: A game next weekend seems unlikely at the moment, but there will probably be one sometime over the holidays - probably before New Year's. I don't know when yet.

diablodevil2
December 21st, 2015, 20:26
Hey BK, wanted to say thank you for that tracking sheet, it's pretty great.

GM BK
December 21st, 2015, 20:33
No trouble at all :)

bigboom
December 26th, 2015, 11:10
Heya HG, here's Sabi's updated level 6 XML after the drowned level.

bigboom
December 28th, 2015, 15:35
Here's Sabi's level 7 XML for our next session.

GM BK
December 28th, 2015, 15:36
I'll have mine posted for you soon as well... are we on for this saturday?

HoloGnome
December 28th, 2015, 16:49
Probably not - I assume I'll be driving. Also, I have to wrap up the chronicles. :D

GM BK
December 28th, 2015, 16:56
Haha! Ya... you'll find no love for chronicles here...

But that's fine, considering I have The Varnhold Vanishing and The Hook Mountain Massacre to prep, I could probably use the weekend off anyways :)

HoloGnome
December 28th, 2015, 22:08
The Adventure Path bug - u haz it!

GM BK
December 28th, 2015, 22:09
Out of control, some might say.... :)

HoloGnome
December 31st, 2015, 23:43
Well...it's not a bad bug to have. Man cannot live by PFS scenarios alone. I really like Reign of Winter. Thornkeep was also very interesting, and Emerald Spire is very fun and diverse so far. I'm using it to work up to high level campaigns (beyond 8-9). The adventure paths are usually great for both RP and number and type of encounters. :) And, sometimes it's nice to be off the clock.

bigboom
January 4th, 2016, 13:50
Heya HG, just checking. Are we possibly continuing this Saturday? Or is this weekend a definite no-go?

HoloGnome
January 4th, 2016, 13:52
Probably not going to be available next weekend...but probably the following weekend.

bigboom
January 4th, 2016, 13:53
Gotcha. Thanks for the head's up!

HoloGnome
February 16th, 2016, 21:27
It looks like I might be able to start with the next level this Saturday AM. I will try to get caught up in the next few days, and if so, then we should be good to go.

JWMK
February 16th, 2016, 22:12
HG - That would be super great, would love to get a session in this Saturday morning. The weekend after I am at a con, but could miss the morning session if I had to in order to delve deeper into the spire. Any way we can get out chronicles all up to date by Friday so I can make my purchases etc. - Not sure how much gold I should have etc.

GM BK
February 16th, 2016, 22:17
I'll have to bow out for this weekend. My Saturday afternoon group cancelled, so I decided to take advantage of it and made plans to visit friends and family. My apologies! Good Luck!

xazil
February 16th, 2016, 22:21
I should be good to go this weekend.

bigboom
February 17th, 2016, 01:01
I can resume this weekend, but can we confirm soon? I've made other commitments which I can back out of within the next 12 hours.

HoloGnome
February 17th, 2016, 04:46
BK is out, so we need to postpone - it can start the weekend after next.

bigboom
February 17th, 2016, 05:14
Got it. Thanks and looking forward to starting back up!

GM BK
February 17th, 2016, 11:51
Thanks, Davey! :)

So, I'm looking at my portfolio (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fMFzB3mpRFuGs4DZkJ7P7piQqvsaOwReltq3x8C-ndk/edit?usp=sharing) and I'm trying to figure out where we left off... did we complete the Clockwork Maze level?

HoloGnome
February 17th, 2016, 11:58
Yes - next is Shrine of the Awakener.

GM BK
February 17th, 2016, 12:10
Ok, thought so... what was the gold reward for Clockwork?

HoloGnome
February 17th, 2016, 16:44
Slow: 3378 / Normal: 6756

GM BK
February 17th, 2016, 17:55
Thank you! :)

JWMK
February 23rd, 2016, 00:52
HG - Any chance you will be able to get the chronicles out to us in the next few days? I want to make sure I am have my character updated properly for FG etc. I know you've got your hands full, just don't want to create any delays or issues with this upcoming game. Thanks!

JWMK

GM BK
February 23rd, 2016, 01:07
This is the info I pulled from my chronicle log and from chronicle sheets from other characters that have done emerald spire levels...

Slow/Normal

Tower Ruins - 699/1398
The Cellars - 768/1536
Splinterden - 1856/3711
Godhome - 2400/4800
The Drowned Level - 2400/4800
The Clockwork Maze - 3378/6756

I believe all scenarios are 3xp/4pp on normal...

bigboom
March 2nd, 2016, 15:07
HG, it's looking like I won't make emerald spire this Saturday. If you're planning to hold a game this weekend, please feel free fill my spot!

GM BK
March 2nd, 2016, 15:29
I'm good either way.

HoloGnome
March 2nd, 2016, 17:28
OK - thx for letting me know. Next up is Level 8: The Circle of Vissk-Thar 6–8.

bb: I think Sabi is level 7 now. Next is Level 9: The Spire Axis 7–9, followed by Level 10: The Magma Vault 8–10. You would need to play Spire Axis in order to continue.

GM BK
March 2nd, 2016, 17:33
FYI, it's looking like there's a good chance I'll have to work this weekend. I'll know for sure by tomorrow!

bigboom
March 2nd, 2016, 17:52
Heya HG, Sabi was level 7 for Shrine of the Awakener and I put him down for slow progression. But if it's okay, since the chronicle isn't ready yet, can I put him at normal progression instead?

That would put him at level 8 currently. And with him at level 8, he's good to go for "The Spire Axis" and even "The Magma Vault."

But of course I personally wouldn't want to miss any of the Emerald Spire levels if at all possible.

HoloGnome
March 2nd, 2016, 17:56
sure - no prob.

GM BK
March 3rd, 2016, 20:35
Well, despite my best efforts, I've failed my Reflex save vs. Work and I have to go in on Saturday :(

HoloGnome
March 3rd, 2016, 21:27
OK - we can scrap it for this week. I will try to run Rivalry's End instead.

GM BK
March 4th, 2016, 01:58
Sounds good. I'll do what I can to get next weekend off. Hopefully I don't fail my reflex save again.

jamesjdye
March 4th, 2016, 02:41
I'd like to join. I've already completed level 1. It was a core game so I believe that means I could repeat it non-core, right?

HoloGnome
March 4th, 2016, 18:54
Hi James -

I would love to include you, unfortunately, we're full and currently at Level 8 with 6 players and 1 alternate. Levels 8 and 9 are the last 2 levels where it's possible to use a pregen/7. So, I will keep you in mind in the event that we are short on the next 2 levels and need a 2nd alternate. There's a chance that I may run ES again in the future...but, realistically, that would be months from now.

Sorry!! :(

HoloGnome
March 5th, 2016, 20:14
Party: the 12th is on the game calendar.

bigboom
March 5th, 2016, 22:12
Unfortunately, it's looking like I may not make next weekend either. I should know for sure by tomorrow and will post. If I can't, then definitely go for having someone take my spot. Regardless of whether I make it next week, I'm pretty certain I'll make it the week after.

HoloGnome
March 6th, 2016, 00:41
OK - aerine may fill in next week for you in preparation for Bonekeep. No worries - we have an alternate. The only consideration will be character level vs. tier. We just need to make sure you can keep up with the party. ;)

bigboom
March 6th, 2016, 17:41
Yep, it's looking like I won't make it next week, so I'm gonna put my vote down on the calendar. As for keeping up, having Sabi set with normal progression on the dungeon level 7 chronicle should keep him up to speed, no problem! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Sam Guerra
March 9th, 2016, 15:09
is this where to post chronicle for Sat. March 12th 7am session

HoloGnome
March 9th, 2016, 15:24
yes - or email them to me - whatever works, chief!

Sam Guerra
March 10th, 2016, 20:30
Here is Karrack

HoloGnome
March 10th, 2016, 22:51
kthx.

GM BK
March 11th, 2016, 18:42
Sam,

Shouldn't your previous chronicle be Test of Tar Kuata? I remember pulling your information from Karama Reclaimed to fill that one out. If I didn't send you a signed version, let me know and I'll forward it over to you.

Sam Guerra
March 12th, 2016, 02:37
oops your right.

Lord Kavos
March 12th, 2016, 22:21
I always put the chronicle number at the start of the file name for just that reason...

GM BK
March 13th, 2016, 00:35
I do the same and use a log as well. Feel free to make a copy for yourself :)

Portfolio (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RuPl67MChFFQn06-Wto4-Eks4YabP603wgrSTJxHV0/edit?usp=sharing)

bigboom
March 13th, 2016, 12:52
HG, I know the chronicles are still in progress, but I noticed that level 6, The Clockwork Maze, hasn't been reported for Sabi on the Paizo site yet. Sabi was there at normal progression. I think we played that one as we were nearing the crazy Christmas and New Years schedules, so you probably just missed it. Thanks!!

HoloGnome
March 13th, 2016, 14:31
Sorry about that - fixed. I reported the game in December, but somehow missed your PC. You should see it now.

bigboom
March 13th, 2016, 14:37
Cool, thanks HG!

GM BK
March 13th, 2016, 18:54
So, things have really picked up at work, and it looks like I'm going to have to work a considerable amount of Saturdays in the near future. Here is my schedule:

03/12/16 - Available
03/19/16 - Not Available
03/26/16 - Not Available
04/02/16 - Available
04/09/16 - FG CON!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!
04/16/16 - Not Available
04/23/16 - Not Available
04/30/16 - Not Available
05/07/16 - Available
05/14/16 - Available

Yes, I know that's quite the list, and it does go a ways out, but I've talked to HG about this and he says he is not in a hurry to get through this, so if the sessions are a bit spaced out, that's fine by him. So I'm asking everyone else what they think. If everyone doesn't mind having some gaps, that would be awesome, but if not, I understand completely, but this will mean I will most likely have to drop. Even if I switch my rewards around, i still probably wouldn't be able to keep myself in tier for each level. There is a chance that i may be able to get out of the Saturday on 04/16/16, but not 100%... working three in a row sucks, and well i'm salary, so i'm going to try and push it off on one of our salesmen to see if he'll come in for me. Or I might just tell them to go screw themselves, and skip working that Saturday anyways. They haven't given myself or anyone else a raise in over three years, so they don't always get what they want sometimes :)

Regardless, if this doesn't work for everyone, I understand and although I'll be bummed I'll have to miss the end of this, I have enjoyed playing with all of you and at the very least, I now have one awesome character that I love playing :)

bigboom
March 13th, 2016, 19:08
I'm not in a rush, so I'm fine with spacing things out as well. I'm not always available every Saturday myself, so I totally understand.

I do suggest throwing up the available dates onto the game calendar (in addition to this thread) ahead of time though. For me, that helps me plan ahead and free up specific days on those weekends where I have more control over my schedule.

HG, I was playing with the calendar's "suggest a new game time" function and it looks like I put up a game time that I cannot remove. Oops! Can you remove that for me?

HoloGnome
March 13th, 2016, 19:18
BK - no worries. It gives me some time to catch up. Also, if the rest are interested, I will just run other scenarios at that time on the weeks when you can't play. Thanks for posting your schedule. I appreciate the extra visibility. I can definitely work around it and we can try to pull off some ad hoc levels if things happen to change. AxitMaster informed me this morning that he has a conflict over the next couple of weeks, so this strategy should also benefit him.

bigboom - sure.

If all of you can plan to be available on 4/2, 5/7 and 5/14, that would be great. I will put the times on the calendar. Please try to arrange things so that you are free on those days. Thx! :)

GM BK
March 13th, 2016, 20:45
Sounds good, HG! Thanks! Go ahead and put up the times and I'll sign up! :)

JWMK
March 15th, 2016, 15:55
I support trying to make it work for as many of the players whom have been around since Level 1 as possible. I look at the Spire as a campaign at this point, and feel that the party we have has been working quite well and would like to finish it with as much as the group as possible, after all, it isn't easy to pick-up where we are now in another Spire campaign at a later date as likely they would have a dedicated group as well. PLUS, on a selfish note, I would like to think that if I couldn't make it, that the group would be willing to work with me on that occasion as well.

All that being said, I think your offer HG to run another PFS scenario in that slot for those of us who can make it, and posting to fill any empty slots with anyone who can make it (like we did with Sam last week) would also be great, as it keeps those committed to the time slot engaged and locked-in. HG - Would you be willing to take requests for scenarios for those Saturdays? That would help the group engagement perhaps?

Loving this dungeon delve! Can't wait for Level 9!

As always HG - Thank you for the commitment of time you put in to organize these sessions, I am sure I speak for everyone when I express that appreciation.

JWMK

JWMK
March 17th, 2016, 12:06
Archania (and Party) - HG is running *PFS Quests: Phantom Phenomena for us in the time slot this Satursday. I have signed up, hope you all do as well.

HoloGnome
March 17th, 2016, 15:10
Yes - we are on for the slot, but not for the spire. I have posted a substitute adventure and invited those who are still available.

HoloGnome
March 19th, 2016, 03:01
It looks like we are on the books for:

April 2nd / Level 9: The Spire Axis (Level 7-9, Pregen/7 Use Possible)
May 7th / Level 10: The Magma Vault (Level 8-10, Must have min 8th level PC, no pregens)
May 14th / Level 11: The Tomb of Yarrix (Level 8-10, Must have min 8th level PC, no pregens)

If AxitMaster can't make it, there will be room for 1 alternate. The latter 2 games require PCs of min. 8th level to participate.

JWMK
March 23rd, 2016, 03:30
HG - Any ideas what you have on the slate for this Saturday morning?

HoloGnome
March 23rd, 2016, 05:40
Yes - I can probably run Fangwood Keep - it's an Adventure Path for level 3-5 characters.

bigboom
March 23rd, 2016, 06:27
Darnit, I only have level 2 characters, so I'd have to roll with a pregen. But regardless, I'm in for this Saturday!

xazil
March 23rd, 2016, 06:28
Oo nice, this one has been on my to-do list for a while. I could bring my occultist tank, Thaddeus the Bold.

HoloGnome
March 23rd, 2016, 06:58
OK - I'll put it on the calendar.

JWMK
March 23rd, 2016, 14:47
On Paizo it says this is a module - Can I assume it would therefore be 1.5xp for SLOW and 3xp for Regular progessoin?
I am also in a position where I may have to use a pregen. I assume it would be a Level 4 that we should get ready accordingly if that is the case?

HoloGnome
March 23rd, 2016, 14:53
Correct on both counts. Module = 3XP/4PP or 1.5/2PP slow and level range is 3-5.

JWMK
March 23rd, 2016, 15:31
Is this planned to be 1 long session? Or over 2 week? Just wondering what we should be planning for. Just asking as modules are usually longer.

HoloGnome
March 23rd, 2016, 16:51
Whatever the party wants to do is fine with me. However, bear in mind that we are supposed to play Emerald Spire 9 on 4/2, which is the weekend after next.

I have to run the whole thing in a 4 hr. slot on Thursday (tomorrow). So, if we start on time and the party is highly efficient with turns, we may be able to finish it in 1 session. If you want to take an extra hour or two, I'm willing to start an hour earlier at 3AM my time. But...either way, let's start on time! ;) I'll put the alternate time on the calendar.

Lord Kavos
March 24th, 2016, 09:55
any spots available? would depend on the time of course, but I could bring my Ifrit swashbuckler Ember...

HoloGnome
March 24th, 2016, 13:34
Hey - LK - sure! There should be at least 1 spot. I added you to the calendar. Just vote on the times for this Saturday - ignore the other ones.

Lord Kavos
March 24th, 2016, 23:21
Thanks for the invite buddy, unfortunately can't make that timeslot, playing a gig at a party at that time .

Enjoy lads & we will catch up soon.

HoloGnome
March 25th, 2016, 01:22
No probs. Thx for letting me know.

If anyone wants to play Fangwood Keep (Level 3-5) this Saturday at 3AM Pacific, please send me a PM or post in this thread. Expect a 5-6 hr. game. There is a lot going on in this one.

bigboom
March 25th, 2016, 10:04
So what composition do we have so far for Fangwood Keep?

Xazil: occultist tank
Archania: ??
JWMK: pregen??
bigboom: pregen (I'm thinking maybe gunslinger...)

HoloGnome
March 26th, 2016, 00:29
We picked up 1 more - IrishBouzouki will play a pregen/4.

bigboom
March 26th, 2016, 02:02
OK cool! So it looks like we've got...

IrishBouzouki: pregen sorcerer
bigboom: pregen gunslinger (HG, I'll get the xml to you before game time)

Archania, JWMK, any idea what characters you'll be bringing to Fangwood Keep?

HoloGnome
March 26th, 2016, 03:47
No gunslinger - choose something else, please.

bigboom
March 26th, 2016, 04:33
No gunslinger - choose something else, please.

Sure, no problem. Was only interested in trying it out since I haven't played nor seen it played before.

I'm thinking perhaps the skald or slayer. I'll put together the xml, but if I don't manage to get it together in time, I'll just go with one of the pregens you've already got available.

bigboom
March 26th, 2016, 09:16
Here's the XML I put together for the pregen Skald, level 4! See you all in a couple hours!

diablodevil2
March 26th, 2016, 09:17
Hey, if there's still one slot open, I'm up at a weird time. I can probably make it this time. I've got my level 4 Investigator that I'd be using if you're open to me hopping in.

bigboom
March 26th, 2016, 09:22
HG is probably asleep at the moment but yup, there's space so hop on! The plan is to start in about 1.5 hours from now.

Our group for Fangwood Keep looks like:

diablodevil2: investigator
IrishBouzouki: pregen sorcerer
bigboom: pregen skald

JWMK
March 26th, 2016, 10:24
bigboom - Sorry I haven't chimed in sooner, I have been on the road the past few days. I have sent HG an XML (I believe it was his creation originally) for Amiri Lvl 4. Hope that fits the party well! See you online soon.

bigboom
March 26th, 2016, 10:46
Archania, if you've got your own monk character, then you should definitely bring that instead of a pregen! In that case, I'll probably switch to the pregen cleric.

And Amiri can serve as our trap finder....heh

diablodevil2
March 26th, 2016, 10:48
Got finished tinkering with my sheet.

diablodevil2
March 26th, 2016, 10:51
If Amiri needs any assistance, Mud actually has a surprisingly good trap-check. I'm not always sure when to actually use it, though, ha.

Oh, wait. I think I've missed a joke that I'm picking up just now. Amiri is the pregen, isn't it? =p

bigboom
March 26th, 2016, 10:53
Amiri is a barbarian, so I figured she'd just run ahead and trigger all the traps for us. But actually, if your investigator has trap skills, finding and disabling them would probably be the smarter route!!

JWMK
March 30th, 2016, 04:36
HG - Any idea yet when we could get some date/times up on the calendar for part II of Fangwood Keep? Don't mean to pester, just trying not to plan my travel/work so thought I would check-in and see. Thanks!

HoloGnome
March 31st, 2016, 01:17
Spire is on for this Saturday. IrishBouzouki - you are welcome to play a Pregen/7 if you don't have a character. However, Level 9 is the last one where pregens can be used. Level 10 moves to level 8+.

I created a separate Fangwood Event. Not sure when I will have time. However, Sunday AM is possible, since Reign of Winter is off until 4/10.

bigboom
April 1st, 2016, 19:00
HG, here is Sabi's XML prepped for this Saturday's Emerald Spire!

JWMK
April 13th, 2016, 03:33
HG - Any plans for an alternate adventure/module for this Saturday?

JK

HoloGnome
April 13th, 2016, 06:54
No - probably not going to run anything.

JWMK
April 13th, 2016, 21:52
HG - Thanks, just making sure in regards to scheduling - Understandable after the CON being just last weekend! On that note, thank you so much for taking on the management of the CON and all the headaches that went along with it, I really appreciate your efforts for all of us out there who got to enjoy ourselves!

Lord Kavos
April 18th, 2016, 13:11
Hey HG, Xazil mentioned you may have a spot in the 'lower' levels (high tiers) of this series...

I have Kayliss, my dominatrix cleric of Calistria - she's 9th now & looking for adventure - I just don't get to play her much anymore :-(

Let me know if an spot opens up - fairly sure the timeslots you are running this in will work for me most weeks.

Cheers.

HoloGnome
April 18th, 2016, 20:21
I think there is an opening. I will invite you - we've been using various subs. The games are on your Saturday night, I think.

Lord Kavos
April 22nd, 2016, 16:41
Looking forward to playing in the next session (have you sent the calendar invite HG?)

So here are Kayliss' files ahead of time...

Kayliss Darkheart is a CN bard 1/cleric 8 (dominatrix) of Calistria, fond of getting others to do her dirty work for her...

She is totally unscrupulous, and will use any means to enforce her will:
* sex appeal (perform (dance, exotic), fascinate, charming social trait)
* honeyed tongue (+15 bluff/diplomacy/intimidate + wand for 2 x diplomacy rolls)
* enchantment charm & compulsion spells with high DCs (spell focus + greater, WIS 24, mm rod bouncing spell)
* charm domain (love subdomain) - swift charm person 8 rounds/day, sanctuary effect as immediate action to avoid an attack 10/day
* luck domain (reroll 1/day, bit of luck 10/day)

Growing up in a brothel taught her how to manipulate men in particular and she turned these talents into a career (Profession [dominatrix]). She is also a positive channeler 8/day (phylactery + selective channel + quick channel), so she able to inflict pain on her clients & then heal them so they keep coming back for more...

Kayliss is lots of fun to play, but she leveled high so quick I hardly get a chance to play her any more.

So thanks HG & look forward to joining the game!

Lord Kavos
April 28th, 2016, 00:27
What is the current make up of the party?

My only other pc I could use that's 9+ is my arcane trickster Julius - he's 10th & a dps specialist (empowered intensified touch spells), so he is an option if the party already has a healer & lacks damage output...

xazil
April 28th, 2016, 02:46
Currently the group is in ad-hoc play weeks Lord Kavos, it does have a stable time slot although. Holo has had various things hitting him and thus no Emerald Spire.

Our standard group has/is:
Albondius - Wizard, blasting and controlling.
Girimm - Bloodrager, melee damage
Vandell - Investigator, bowman
Sabi - Rogue, melee, scout and face
Jeddediah - Shaman, buff and heal, small melee
Gruff - Goat. He is a goat.

bigboom
April 28th, 2016, 04:01
Too modest with your character's description, Xazil! I'll add:

Jeddediah + Gruff = Occasional goat-mounted halfling cavalry!

Lord Kavos
April 28th, 2016, 04:16
So what would u guys prefer?

Sexy healer/charmer or annoying halfling ninja/arcane trickster? (Assuming 10th is not too high)...

xazil
April 28th, 2016, 04:34
We are on the 8+ level range now and beyond so no more pregen's unfortunately. Currently we have the next two dungeon levels at 8-10, then two levels of 9-11, then two of 10-12 and the last is 11-13. Everyone has to go slow on these or level out of them as they are "3xp modules". I don't mind which character for myself, but I don't speak for the whole group.

bigboom
April 28th, 2016, 07:04
So what would u guys prefer?

Sexy healer/charmer or annoying halfling ninja/arcane trickster? (Assuming 10th is not too high)...

I don't think we have any glaring gaps in the party composition, so I'd say go with whatever you enjoy playing the most.

This is my opinion only, but I will say that Emerald Spire so far has leaned more towards a hack & slash-y dungeon crawl experience. There have been been a few spots where a face/diplomatic approach has kind of worked but for the most part, we've been evicting monsters out of their homes and monsters don't generally agree to amicably relocate.

I'll never say no to charming, sexy heals but I will never say no to a crazy halfling ninja either!

Lord Kavos
April 28th, 2016, 08:35
I will probably play Kayliss then as she doesn't get a run much any more... She has some useful spells & can hopefully get the monsters to attack each other as well as heal/be sexy ��

HoloGnome
April 29th, 2016, 00:33
Hi -

Just had a quick look at the calendar. LK - happy for you to fill the open spot we have for the upper levels of Spire.

xazil: Jeddediah & Gruff - Shaman/Bloodrager
bigboom: Sabi - Rogue/Fighter
BK: Vandell - Investigator/Fighter
Archania: Girimm - Bloodrager
JWMK: Albondius - Conjurer

So...there is room for either Kayliss or Julius, depending on your perspective. Kayliss seems fine. Healing has been a little tight, on occasion.

I should still be good for the 7th. BK has had a conflict and I have also had a lot of stuff on my plate.

Alternate will be IrishB with a pregen/7.

bigboom
May 9th, 2016, 04:38
Hey guys. It's a month away but there will be a three week block where I will be traveling and probably won't be able to join any sessions, including Emerald Spire.

The three Saturdays that this encompasses are:

June 18
June 25
July 2

If everyone else's schedule fits, I can potentially do catch-up sessions on Sundays (before or after that 3 week chunk of time) when it is an off week for the Meerkats group. Just an idea...

Lord Kavos
May 13th, 2016, 02:51
Hi guys, is the next part running on the next session (this weekend) or was that session set up in case we couldn't finish the last level in 1 session?

Just asking as I will be 30mins late if we are playing...

GM BK
May 13th, 2016, 11:13
It appears we are double booked for this weekend according to the calendar. I see a 7:00am EST start time for both this, and Bone Keep... IMO, I would rather play this than BK. We're getting very close to the final level!

HoloGnome
May 13th, 2016, 13:14
No - not double-booked. Just trying to find a time to run bonekeep. If people can make bonekeep, then you have a choice. Also, we can try to do 11 in one session, but 2 may be needed as we get into the upper levels.

GM BK
May 13th, 2016, 14:56
If it means we won't have a game on Sunday, then I'm cool with trying to do 11 all in one session :) I've got a TON of stuff I need to do around the house, and I'm not going to lie... the extra sleep wouldn't go amiss :)

bigboom
May 14th, 2016, 08:05
Hi guys, is the next part running on the next session (this weekend) or was that session set up in case we couldn't finish the last level in 1 session?

Just asking as I will be 30mins late if we are playing...

Heya LK, in case you're still not sure, the answer to your question is yes, the session on the calendar for today, May 14 is an actual session, not a backup session listing. This Emerald Spire group generally tries to get together every Saturday at this same time. There have been some Saturdays where we didn't hold a session due to holidays or multiple people were unavailable. But we have consistently stuck to the same date and time throughout the entire campaign thus far.

So it sounds like you'll be about a half hour late today?

Lord Kavos
May 14th, 2016, 09:14
Possibly a little late - at a birthday dinner for a friend of mums, but won't be out all night as they are all getting on ...

bigboom
May 14th, 2016, 09:45
Possibly a little late - at a birthday dinner for a friend of mums, but won't be out all night as they are all getting on ...

Gotcha. Okay, will let everyone know if they don't see your post before game time!

HoloGnome
May 14th, 2016, 21:27
Nice start on 11! Next session will be a shorter one and will be in 2 weeks.

bigboom
May 26th, 2016, 17:05
Heya HG, how do you want to handle the Ultimate Equipment errata considering it came out after we started level 11 while we're midway through?

Do you want to finish out the current level without applying the errata and begin applying the errata with level 12?

Or do you want to apply the errata right away and allow the characters to sell the errata'd items and buy other items in their place while midway in the dungeon?

I'm fine either way. Just checking how you want to rule it so that I can prepare accordingly if you go with the second approach.

JWMK
May 26th, 2016, 17:11
Bigboom - I am pretty sure there is an official FAQ that allows you to finish the scenario you are in before any errata takes effect. Of course it is up to HG. Here is a link where a developer weighs in on the issue from an older errata:
https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2svgq?Regarding-The-Ultimate-Combat-Errata
Post is by John Compton, Developer.

JWMK

HoloGnome
May 26th, 2016, 17:15
Not too worried about the FAQ. It makes sense to finish the current level as is, then you can make any changes, as needed per the errata, before level 12 begins. ;)

bigboom
May 26th, 2016, 17:16
Got it. Thank you both for the quick replies!

GM BK
May 26th, 2016, 17:28
Ya, my slippers got hit as well... not going to sell them back though... 10 minutes of feather step is pretty good if you ask me :)

JWMK
May 26th, 2016, 17:34
Gloves of Recon also got nerfed with 10 min once per day... If we don't get through a level fast enough, Sabi may just have to figure out what's on the other side of the door the old fashioned way... By setting off the trap, falling in the pit or being swallowed whole... :D

GM BK
May 26th, 2016, 17:37
Actually, the gloves are once per day for one minute... so ya, maybe we should tie a rope around you or something :)

JWMK
May 26th, 2016, 17:42
Sorry - 10 was a typo...
I agree with the rope around Sabi for sure... That works at least for pits, not to sure about swallowing? :D

GM BK
May 26th, 2016, 17:50
That's when we send the goat in after you :)

HoloGnome
May 26th, 2016, 22:19
You should change Vandell's name to Diez Minutos. :D I don't think that there is a cost to retraining PC name.

Lord Kavos
May 31st, 2016, 06:13
Hi guys, there was some talk last session of playing this week - sorry I can't make it if so, have a gig on

HoloGnome
June 2nd, 2016, 20:56
Hi - It looks like we will be missing our *K players this weekend (BK and LK)...so no game this Saturday.

JWMK
June 2nd, 2016, 21:56
HG - Any possibility of you GMing an alternate for those of us who can make it? Just making sure before I make other plans. Thanks!

JK

HoloGnome
June 2nd, 2016, 22:07
I'd be happy to run Labyrinth of the Hungry Ghosts. I'll put it back on the calendar. OK - it's posted.

Lord Kavos
June 10th, 2016, 11:54
We a no for this week HG? Havent seen any activity...

HoloGnome
June 10th, 2016, 13:21
I have to take care of a family situation this weekend. So, I can't do it - sorry. I hope to be good for next weekend.

bigboom
June 10th, 2016, 19:11
Hope things go as smooth as possible for you this weekend, HG.

Hey guys. It's a month away but there will be a three week block where I will be traveling and probably won't be able to join any sessions, including Emerald Spire.

The three Saturdays that this encompasses are:

June 18
June 25
July 2

If everyone else's schedule fits, I can potentially do catch-up sessions on Sundays (before or after that 3 week chunk of time) when it is an off week for the Meerkats group. Just an idea...

As mentioned, I'll be out for the next 3-4 weeks...and possibly July 9th also.

If the group can't wait and presses on with further levels, I totally understand since waiting 3-4 weeks to resume is quite a long time. If that does happen though, then in order to keep up with the group, HG, I may ask that Sabi's chronicle for the previous level (The Tomb of Yarrix) be set for normal progression rather than slow. Slow will put Sabi at level 9 but normal will put Sabi at level 10. But we can deal with that after I'm back.

Take it easy everyone and I'll see you in about a month!

Lord Kavos
June 25th, 2016, 07:56
Anyone running a filler session for tonight's timeslot?

Had some withdrawals of late as I haven't had a chance to play much of late...

HoloGnome
June 25th, 2016, 18:09
Sorry - people are unavailable through next week, I think, and everyone voted to wait, which is fine.

GM BK
July 5th, 2016, 14:07
Just so I don't make any plans, any word on this weekend?

bigboom
July 5th, 2016, 17:18
I'll still be out this Saturday, July 9th. But I'll be around to start up again the week after on July 16th.

If everyone else is available and would like to restart this weekend though, then go for it! It's been quite a long break...

GM BK
July 5th, 2016, 17:36
I'm cool with sleeping in :)

xazil
July 11th, 2016, 08:49
I'm still keeping an eye out too for when the stars align.

bigboom
July 11th, 2016, 08:51
I'm good to start up again this Saturday, July 16th if that works!

GM BK
July 11th, 2016, 10:53
I'm in! Let's get this done!

Lord Kavos
July 28th, 2016, 10:21
Did that session end up happening? I couldn't make it sorry

bigboom
July 28th, 2016, 10:29
Nope, it did not. Haven't heard from HG but I believe he's busy dealing with some real life stuff.

I'm going with the assumption that Emerald Spire will be on hold until we hear back from him again.

HoloGnome
September 21st, 2016, 20:25
I will restart this campaign after FG CON so that we can finish it up. Only 5 more levels to go (12-16).

GM BK
September 21st, 2016, 21:16
Woohoo! Welcome back! :)

bigboom
September 22nd, 2016, 05:02
Awesome! Welcome back HG!

Will be great to see this group again as we murder hobo....errr.... diplomatically talk our way through the dungeon!

Just as a heads up, assuming we go with the same time slot we previously had, I should be good for the four weekends after FG con (Oct 22 to Nov 12) but I'll be out for the next three weekends after that (Nov 19 to Dec 3).

JWMK
September 28th, 2016, 22:01
Yeah! Will be great to get the bottom of this spire! Looking forward to it.

JK

JWMK
November 29th, 2016, 05:00
Is this still on track to get started again soon? Just wondering if I should be putting aside my Saturday/Sunday mornings in the next while to work through this.

JK

HoloGnome
November 30th, 2016, 18:41
It looks like I will be starting in December. I am still wrestling some family issues that limit my time...but hopefully resolving soon.

Lord Kavos
January 30th, 2017, 22:21
Been a bit quiet lately... any idea when we will be getting back into this HG?

bigboom
February 2nd, 2017, 15:45
I know HG intends to start this up again but is currently still tied down with real life obligations.