PDA

View Full Version : Umm what just happened to my maps in Hoard of the Dragon Queen?

Danimal66
November 5th, 2015, 02:31
So just loaded the game after updating to play tonight and everyone has a new group under their maps and images tab and a whole lot of entired called new drawings? Most of these seem to be maps & images I have let my players see but there are some maps in their that I have not let them see that are in there unmasked.

I deleted the group on my screen but it didn't effect them. Now I have a sky reach castle map opened and it is masked but I don't see it listed in my Maps section, when I click on the skyreach castle lower player it opens up with no mask and all map pins enabled.

I'm really confused what has happened here? Did the update somehow screw up my campaign / module?

Danimal66
November 5th, 2015, 02:57
Also just noticed that there are 4 characters in my PC tab called named. They seem to be owned by my players who also have ownership of their characters. I'm not sure if I delete one of these it won't delete their PC.

This is frustrating.

Moon Wizard
November 5th, 2015, 02:58
It sounds like the module might have been possibly shared at some point. You can type /flushdb in chat area to remove all shared records, then re-add as needed.

Which module are you using?

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 5th, 2015, 03:01
Also, it sounds like some of the module data was edited perhaps. Go to Library -> Modules, right click on each open module and select Revert Changes.

You can save off a copy of campaign folder for me to look at, if you can. Just send to [email protected]

Regards,
JPG

Danimal66
November 5th, 2015, 04:57
Well I have shared items in the past but I don't think I edited any data. This is the hoard of the DQ module. I didn't notice any of this before the upgrade I did.

I also noticed other odd things. For example my party got the fire staff and scrolls but clicking on the image I get a message about not being able to load from the module or something.

How do I save off a copy to send to you?

Moon Wizard
November 5th, 2015, 05:50
Just make a copy of your whole campaign directory. It's in the FG data directory (use folder button on Launch screen) and look inside campaigns sub-folder.

Regards,
JPG

Aaron
November 5th, 2015, 12:02
Hi Danimal66,

It looks like I had the same problem, although just with all the HotDQ images in the base tab, all named New Drawing. I did not have any problems with my PC list.

I seem to have fixed my 'New Drawing' problem by closing the HotDQ module, and reopening it. When I reopened the module all of the 'New Drawing's were gone.

I hope this helps.

Danimal66
November 5th, 2015, 15:08
Aaron thanks I basically deleted that new group that showed up which was a mistake because now my current map that was masked and party unveiled has disappeared.

Moon I emailed you a copy of the campaign folder, thanks for looking.