PDA

View Full Version : How do I cancel my subscription? Why is it so non-obvious?

Jaipersaga
November 4th, 2015, 23:12
Please Help, getting charge for a subscription after trying all hell to understand how to cancel a subscription it seems impossible. And my bank is told by paypal the charge is consented. Next charge if your stupid enough to try one will be disputed. I would have said something here sooner or done something but the emails I sent weren't written clearly or I wrote the address wrong, why the hell is there no clear and concise cancel place. I suffer from autism and this seems junked up too me. You can't make it hard for someone to not spend money when they already have little. Please take no offense I am not attacking any individual but for the company it is not the right to offer to take someones money and then not have a button that says I rescind permission to take my money. With that said I hope you don't hate me for saying that seems a bit scammie. I did research before getting this and this never came up. So either the good out ways the bad which i'm sure it does cause this is great software, or everyone is better than I at cancelling their subs.

Edit: The Latter it was. Hiding in the miscellaneous section it were. So easy that link could be placed, directly under the buy slot for subscription selection, for us lesser folk. Granted left right where it is so as to not jumble this site, but if it ain't done could that mean they want it to be buried?

Trenloe
November 4th, 2015, 23:15
FAQ -> How Do I Cancel My Subscription: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues#faq_canc elsub

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2015, 23:21
We've also replied to your e-mail we just received 30 minutes ago with instructions, and will credit your card back as soon as you cancel and let us know. The subscription option is completely managed by Paypal, so we can't turn it on/off for you.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2015, 23:21
We've also replied to your e-mail we just received 30 minutes ago with instructions, and will credit your card back as soon as you cancel and let us know. The subscription option is completely managed by Paypal, so we can't turn it on/off for you.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
November 4th, 2015, 23:36
but if it ain't done could that mean they want it to be buried?
No, not at all. If you go to the main page of the store there is the following, in clear sight, right below the subscription options: "* Please read the section of the FAQ on subscriptions prior to purchase." The link takes you to text that outlines how the subscription works and includes "As soon as you cancel your subscription through Paypal (see that section)... "

You're obviously frustrated, I get that. But no one is trying to hide anything about cancelling your subscription or trying to stop you cancelling the subscription. As soon as you posted your rant you were directed to where you could find the information you needed.

gecko4life
October 23rd, 2018, 00:56
I have tried multiple times to cancel my subscription. This has to be the more idiotic subscription set up I have ever seen. I will never use Fantasy Ground and honestly surprised they have not been hit by a class action suit.

celestian
October 23rd, 2018, 01:01
I have tried multiple times to cancel my subscription. This has to be the more idiotic subscription set up I have ever seen. I will never use Fantasy Ground and honestly surprised they have not been hit by a class action suit.

That's odd. They seem really willing to help most folks cancel and get refunds if within the window.

I know when I decided to purchase FG outright I canceled my subscription and did the one shot purchase. It was quite easy to go to paypal and just cancel my previous subscription.

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2018, 01:01
What issues have you had trying to cancel?

gecko4life
October 23rd, 2018, 01:12
It does not show up in Pay Pal under open subscriptions yet it continues to bill my account. I fixed the issue and just closed Pay Pal.

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2018, 01:14
It does not show up in Pay Pal under open subscriptions yet it continues to bill my account. I fixed the issue and just closed Pay Pal.
OK, so it was a PayPal issue. Sorry you had problems.

Have you emailed [email protected] to tell them about your issues with the subscription through PayPal?

Moon Wizard
October 23rd, 2018, 04:18
It depends on if you set up the subscription using a Paypal account or not. If you set up without a Paypal account, then Paypal doesn't provide an interface to delete it yourself for some reason. If you reach out to [email protected], we'll get you squared away either way.

Regards,
JPG

ArticFreeze
March 25th, 2020, 13:08
I find it difficult to manage my subscription. I have a FGC Ultimate License and newly subscribed to FGU Ultimate. However, I can not find a simple location where i can manage my subscriptions and elect to cancel my FGC subscriptions. I am now quite uncomfortable with the lack of transparency and control and I am now considering cancelling both subscriptions. These things should be intuitive for the user.

Trenloe
March 25th, 2020, 13:19
Welcome to the FG forums ArticFreeze! Sorry you're not comfortable with the subscription process.

There are various entries in the FAQs covering subscriptions and cancelling: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=fantasy_grounds_faq#faq_license_and_pu rchasing_issues

If these don't help then I suggest you email [email protected] direct as they will have access to your details and can communicate in private with you.

bonez005
April 29th, 2020, 02:19
That's odd. They seem really willing to help most folks cancel and get refunds if within the window.

I know when I decided to purchase FG outright I canceled my subscription and did the one shot purchase. It was quite easy to go to paypal and just cancel my previous subscription.

I am currently having the same problem with canceling. Its not showing up in my paypal as directed. I'm trying to cancel to just buy the Ultimate FGU license outright. I love FG but yeah this should be way easier to cancel. Passing the buck to Paypal isn't cool. Especially when FG are the ones getting the money.

esmdev
April 29th, 2020, 03:22
I am currently having the same problem with canceling. Its not showing up in my paypal as directed. I'm trying to cancel to just buy the Ultimate FGU license outright. I love FG but yeah this should be way easier to cancel. Passing the buck to Paypal isn't cool. Especially when FG are the ones getting the money.

PayPal always gets their cut and has always controlled how subscriptions through their service works. The end users and stores have absolutely no say in how PayPal operates. Anyone that regularly uses PayPal should know how draconian they are.

LordEntrails
April 29th, 2020, 04:20
Are you still having problems? Did you read and try the solutions from the FAQ linked int he post above yours? If so, did you email support?

BumperCub
May 2nd, 2020, 17:59
I can't seem to figure out how to move my subscription from Ultimate to Unity. Can anyone that is better at research than I please post a link for me, thanks in advance.

Zacchaeus
May 2nd, 2020, 18:54
Cancel your current subscription and take out a new one. You can't transfer subs.

And welcome to the forums.

DMStretch
July 2nd, 2021, 06:58
I must admit though, I know they use FastSpring but FG really does need a 'My Account' page on their website to make this process even easier. Yes I can go via PayPal and just have (I will get another sub once my finances are more secure) but this seems to be a roundabout way to do thing. If you could do it easily off the FG website this would be a huge improvement. But please take this as constructive feedback, not a complaint.

Zarestia
July 2nd, 2021, 13:52
I must admit though, I know they use FastSpring but FG really does need a 'My Account' page on their website to make this process even easier. Yes I can go via PayPal and just have (I will get another sub once my finances are more secure) but this seems to be a roundabout way to do thing. If you could do it easily off the FG website this would be a huge improvement. But please take this as constructive feedback, not a complaint.

Hi, I can atleast click cancel on my art sub on the order history page https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/myorders.php. However, I don't know if it works for the normal program subs :)

Zarestia
September 3rd, 2021, 14:55
I only paid the monthly fee because I wanted to try out the game, but I've fallen in love with it and now I want to pay the one-time fee. This is important because I do not want to lose the campaign I've already started. Any tips would be great.

Hello and welcome. You need to cancel your subscription through PayPal and then buy the one-time license, all licensing is tied to your forum account. You don't lose any data as all data is on your computer hard drive.

Take a look here in the FAQ (bit old but still valid afaik).

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues#faq_canc elsub

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2021, 15:17
Hello and welcome. You need to cancel your subscription through PayPal and then buy the one-time license, all licensing is tied to your forum account. You don't lose any data as all data is on your computer hard drive.

Take a look here in the FAQ (bit old but still valid afaik).

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues#faq_canc elsub
Thanks for responding. Unfortunately they were a spammer. They're gone now.