PDA

View Full Version : Release v3.1.3

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2015, 22:35
Fantasy Grounds v3.1.3 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

Here's a list of what is included:

Image and formatted text links can be made shareable (use radial menu or SHIFT-click).
[CoreRPG+] Language feature added to chat window.
[CoreRPG+] Quest record type added. Available via campaign story list window.
[CoreRPG+] Automatic resizable chat entry box.
[CoreRPG+] Bracketed math and dice expressions within table results will be evaluated.
[CoreRPG+] Multiple rolls for follow-on tables in table results (use [#x] tag).
...Many other minor features and fixes...

It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html).

Cheers,
JPG

LordEntrails
November 4th, 2015, 22:51
Thanks for the release :)
I noticed the "Template" checkbox on the items list. Is what this does/how its used documented somewhere?

Moon Wizard
November 4th, 2015, 23:18
This flag is to denote items that are considered templates for the upcoming Item Forge extension in support of the 5E DMG release. (i.e. Armor +1 is a template, whereas Chain Mail +1 is not a template.)

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 5th, 2015, 01:04
Just pushed a data hot fix for the first four 5E modules.

Regards,
JPG

Mask_of_winter
November 5th, 2015, 01:30
With the Force Load option for module sharing removed, how does it work if I want to share a module my players if they don't already have it locally?

Moon Wizard
November 5th, 2015, 01:39
Just mark the module as Allowed (check mark), and they can open in their library.

Regards,
JPG

brustmlj
November 5th, 2015, 05:10
I have noticed that any story frames that have a frameid in the xml do not drop properly into chat. Those without frameid drop fine. I noticed this immediately on the update to 3.1.3.

Moon Wizard
November 5th, 2015, 06:05
I just tested this in my 5E campaign. Chat text both with and without speakers defined both worked when dragging or clicking.

Which game system ruleset are you using? Is this chat text part of campaign or module?

Regards,
JPG

brustmlj
November 5th, 2015, 06:20
Ruleset is 5th edition. Text is in a story from a mod. The story text looks a little funky. The Character name is in the right place. The text is quite a few line lower. Here is an example of the mod xml. Everyone I have tried does not work.

<frame>
<frameid>Doctor Jubal</frameid>
What's all this? What's all this! We'll have no fighting here, not at my carnival! We are peaceful folk. Entertainers. Take your fights elsewhere!
</frame>

I can provide the full story xml if you want

brustmlj
November 5th, 2015, 06:26
D:\D&D\images\story.jpgHere is a screen shot of what it looks like before drop

brustmlj
November 5th, 2015, 06:27
That did not seem to work that well

Trenloe
November 5th, 2015, 06:30
Ruleset is 5th edition. Text is in a story from a mod. The story text looks a little funky. The Character name is in the right place. The text is quite a few line lower. Here is an example of the mod xml. Everyone I have tried does not work.

<frame>
<frameid>Doctor Jubal</frameid>
What's all this? What's all this! We'll have no fighting here, not at my carnival! We are peaceful folk. Entertainers. Take your fights elsewhere!
</frame>

I can provide the full story xml if you want
Do you have a language selected in the drop down/combo box at the bottom right of the chat window?

brustmlj
November 5th, 2015, 06:35
I just tried with an without a language selected and in all cases the frameid is identified and no frame text is displayed. The quote box is a very thin quote box.

brustmlj
November 5th, 2015, 06:36
I have tried this with multiple mods generated by me. A friend using the same mods and the update to 3.1.3 has the same problem.

brustmlj
November 5th, 2015, 06:37
I can upload the full mod somewhere if you like

Moon Wizard
November 5th, 2015, 07:27
I had to change the way that FG reads in XML files slightly to resolve some long-standing issues with spaces being dropped, so everything is preserved now. The issue is that you have line endings embedded within the "frame" tag, which FG does not like.

Just pushed hot fix that should address this issue for all formattedtext internal tags (i.e. any control characters are stripped).

Regards,
JPG

brustmlj
November 5th, 2015, 07:39
That fix works thank you

Mellock
November 5th, 2015, 12:46
Fantasy Grounds v3.1.2 is now available via...

Just a small typo.

Raz651
November 5th, 2015, 13:43
Where is the information about the changes in the 5e character sheet? And why was the DCI number entry on notes removed?

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2015, 13:55
Where is the information about the changes in the 5e character sheet? And why was the DCI number entry on notes removed?

Here's the link to the patch notes (https://Rob, Unzip this into your extensions folder keeping the file structure as it is. Obviously if you want to change the image then you can do so; but make sure it is about the same size (It can be bigger but not sure how much bigger) and also make sure that the name is exactly the same. Philip).

the DCI# entry is now in the log sheet rather than in the notes sheet.

Nylanfs
November 5th, 2015, 14:13
Yes, it's because the Log function was added.

Raz651
November 5th, 2015, 14:53
Here's the link to the patch notes (https://Rob, Unzip this into your extensions folder keeping the file structure as it is. Obviously if you want to change the image then you can do so; but make sure it is about the same size (It can be bigger but not sure how much bigger) and also make sure that the name is exactly the same. Philip).

the DCI# entry is now in the log sheet rather than in the notes sheet.

Yes, it's because the Log function was added.

Ok, Thanks. I finally figured out the log tab. :)

Brynnan
November 5th, 2015, 15:36
[CoreRPG+] Bracketed math and dice expressions within table results will be evaluated.
CoreRPG+] Multiple rolls for follow-on tables in table results (use [#x] tag).

Is there a thread somewhere that explains the use of these options. I assume it's for DMG loot tables where it says "Roll 1d6 times on Magic Items A"? Hopefully? If that is, or even if it's not, what is the syntax to use these options? Not quite getting it from the description.

JohnD
November 5th, 2015, 15:50
Could someone explain what the following do?

- Player: Show Turn Order (Off/On/Friendly)
- NPC: Rolls (Variable or Fixed)
- PC: Healing Variants (Slow Natural Healing/Standard/Healing Surges)

I am probably missing something really simple in all of these cases, I acknowledge that, but I'm still learning 5e.

Also, is there any way to add custom languages to the new functionality?

Thanks.

LordEntrails
November 5th, 2015, 16:21
Here's some more explanation from Moon Wizard from the thread, https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26685-Fantasy-Grounds-Version-3-1-3-(2015-10)-Release-Notes :

It's linked here for your viewing.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26682-Release-v3-1-3

Common Language Font
An extension is required to add additional language font names and font files. You can assign one of the existing registered language fonts to Common in the Language Settings located through a button in the Options window.

Options
* The hidden turn order option removes the turn ordering and initiative values from the player view. The combatants are sorted by faction, then name only.
* The diagonal distance house rule is for determining distance for pointers and token paths on the map. In 5E by default, it's always 5 feet per square, even diagonals. This option (noted in the DMG) lets you mimic the 3.5E version. (first diagonal is 5 feet, second diagonal is 10 feet)
* The insipiration slots house rule option is for games that allow more than one inspiration point to be accumulated. (up to 3)

Quests
The quest record is simply a place to create a record for story goals, including level and XP (depending on ruleset). It is available through the campaign Story window. It can be added to the party sheet (for those rulesets that use XP). These were already partially available via the party sheet, but made into full-fledged campaign records.

Resizable chat entry box
Just type until the chat entry box is full, and then it will automatically grow to display what you are typing. (up to 8 lines)

Multiple table follow-on rolls
Just create Table A and Table B with a few options. In Table A, add the following text as one of the table results. "[3x] [Table B]"

Cheers,
JPG

yeknom
November 5th, 2015, 17:31
The Druidic language is not showing up as being understood by anyone even when there is a player with the language. In case it matters I was using the Pathfinder Rule set when it was tested by a player and myself.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2015, 18:19
Is there a thread somewhere that explains the use of these options. I assume it's for DMG loot tables where it says "Roll 1d6 times on Magic Items A"? Hopefully? If that is, or even if it's not, what is the syntax to use these options? Not quite getting it from the description.

Yes, these are for loot tables. If you place a dice expression in brackets [5d6] then that dice will be rolled on the table so that you can set up for example loot tables.
Furthermore you can reference another table and have FG automatically roll a number of times on that table thus [1d6x][Magic Table A]
You can also have more chaining dice rolls so that if for example a roll on Magic Table A gave you a scroll of 1st level you can make a roll from that table to pinpoint precisely which scroll you get.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2015, 18:24
Could someone explain what the following do?

- Player: Show Turn Order (Off/On/Friendly)
- NPC: Rolls (Variable or Fixed)
- PC: Healing Variants (Slow Natural Healing/Standard/Healing Surges)

I am probably missing something really simple in all of these cases, I acknowledge that, but I'm still learning 5e.

Also, is there any way to add custom languages to the new functionality?

Thanks.

The referenced post deals with turn order options.
NPC rolls fixed or variable deals with the option where you can choose NPCs to deal the average damage or make a dice roll for damage. So if a monster does 3(1d6) damage having the Fixed on it will deal 3 damage or variable it will deal 1d6. (this is for 5e - don't think it will apply to any other system)
PC Healing variants options handle the healing variants described at p266/p267 of the 5e DMG.

Zacchaeus
November 5th, 2015, 20:29
After the public release of 3.1.3, I'm seeing a small thing affecting the economy of available display space in the 5e ruleset:

When I open a spell from a library module, a spell window appears allowing to be resized as one pleases.

But when I open the same spell from any character sheet, instead, the spell window appearing is larger and it can't be resized past certain point.

Here is a sample of both windows; the left one is the spell from a library module, resized for the purposes of this screenshot, and the right one, which is larger, is the same spell opened from a character sheet at its minimum size:

It would be nice if both could be resized as usual.

I don't know if this is a bug or not but it's probably best to report it in the bugs thread above.

demonsbane
November 5th, 2015, 22:37
Zacchaeus: it's done.

Moon Wizard
November 6th, 2015, 19:12
To just add a language with the existing language fonts (or just standard font), you can add custom languages by adding an entry in the Languages window, accessible via button in the Options window.

However, to add custom language fonts, these will have to be added via an extension, since it requires registration of new font assets.

Regards,
JPG

Raz651
November 6th, 2015, 21:36
I was just wondering. Can we get colored pins for the maps, so I can denote places of interest in a city with different colors? (ie shops, inns, warehouses.) :)

Zacchaeus
November 6th, 2015, 22:15
I was just wondering. Can we get colored pins for the maps, so I can denote places of interest in a city with different colors? (ie shops, inns, warehouses.) :)

You can as long as they are green :)

Nylanfs
November 7th, 2015, 01:51
Or red

Brynnan
November 7th, 2015, 04:49
DCI# entry is now in the log sheet rather than in the notes sheet

Ok, Thanks. I finally figured out the log tab. :)

I understand that the DCI and Faction moved to the Log Tab, and that's all well and good. But why does mine look like this? I can't find any way to open it up to see or edit it. If there is no data in those fields, the header is blank, but it is just as closed.
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5815/22851929191_83e00f26b3_z.jpg

ffujita
November 7th, 2015, 06:03
Since I've upgraded to 3.1.3, I get the following error message whenever I open a PC: Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char.lua"]:30: attempt to call field 'getMaxValue' (a nil value)

It doesn't seem to create any problems, that I can tell.

Moon Wizard
November 7th, 2015, 07:27
We just found an issue where the spells in the 5E class packs did not get published correctly (but they are fine in the full 5E PHB). I reverted our patch system to give the last version out until we get the data files patched.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 7th, 2015, 07:55
ffujita,

Which extensions are you running in your campaign?

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 7th, 2015, 08:26
yeknom,

I just tested on my test campaign, and it's working correctly.

Can you try the same test with a new character?

I was running as a player on a second instance of FG (connected to "localhost"), logged in as a PC without any languages, and sent "Test Message" from GM instance with Druidic as language selection (see first picture).

Then, I added "Druidic" to the PC, and sent "Test Message" from GM instance again. (see second picture)

You still see the custom font in both instances, but you see the translation above the custom font text in the second message. (This is done since each chat entry can only use one font.)

Regards,
JPG

ffujita
November 7th, 2015, 14:59
> Which extensions are you running in your campaign?
Modules:
5e Language Fonts - Wizards
Adventurer's League Log
D&D Player's Handbook Desktop Decal

Zacchaeus
November 7th, 2015, 16:24
> Which extensions are you running in your campaign?
Modules:
5e Language Fonts - Wizards
Adventurer's League Log
D&D Player's Handbook Desktop Decal

Try disabling each of the extensions in turn to see if that fixes the problem. I'm suspecting the adventurer's league log.

ffujita
November 7th, 2015, 16:31
Indeed, no error message when the Adventurer's League Log extension is disabled.

Moon Wizard
November 7th, 2015, 17:03
You need to disable the Adventurer's League Log extension. This is causing the problem, and is no longer needed. That functionality has been incorporated into the game system ruleset directly.

You can also delete the AL Log extension from your extensions folder, so it doesn't show up as an option any more.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 8th, 2015, 05:44
Just a heads up that I am rolling back updates on the following 5E modules: LMoP, HotDQ, PotA and RoT.

We had pushed a data patch with several updates and fixes for these modules, but one of the changes in our back-end used to generate the modules changes the data paths inside the module which is causing broken links (and thus missing data) in edited module records.

We'll post an update when we are ready to push the updates live again.

Regards,
JPG

rhammer2
November 8th, 2015, 07:02
I'm having a problem with the combat tracker. The characters and NPCs are not sorting into initiative order and I had to manually switch the initiative to the next actor.

- Robert

Trenloe
November 8th, 2015, 07:06
I'm having a problem with the combat tracker. The characters and NPCs are not sorting into initiative order and I had to manually switch the initiative to the next actor.
What extensions, and versions are you running?

If you're running the Enhanced Images (layers) extension you need to use v1.0.8: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-(layers)-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-(and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG)

rhammer2
November 8th, 2015, 07:26
You nailed it. It was the older version of Enhanced Images, I still had v 1.0.7

- Robert

Callum
November 8th, 2015, 09:41
What are the built-in languages, and font assignments? Is it possible to re-assign the existing fonts among the built-in languages?

Zacchaeus
November 8th, 2015, 11:29
What are the built-in languages, and font assignments? Is it possible to re-assign the existing fonts among the built-in languages?

Click on the options icon in the top right hand menu cluster and on the bottom left of that screen you'll see the languages button. Click on that and you'll get the list of languages, the assigned font and the option to change things around as well as create new languages.

Nibelung
November 9th, 2015, 04:20

It is possible for the player's to simply drag and drop the texts they don't understand into a note or even back into the chat. IIRC, the original Language extension had to add an algorithm to randomize the letters, so that not only the player's can't try to reverse-engineering the words based on their alphabet, it also prevented them this exact situation. (They still could drag and drop, but the text would be gibberish)

https://i63.tinypic.com/2mhb0x.jpg

Trenloe
November 9th, 2015, 04:23
It is possible for the player's to simply drag and drop the texts they don't understand into a note or even back into the chat. IIRC, the original Language extension had to add an algorithm to randomize the letters, so that not only the player's can't try to reverse-engineering the words based on their alphabet, it also prevented them this exact situation. (They still could drag and drop, but the text would be gibberish)

https://i63.tinypic.com/2mhb0x.jpg
The text is only scrambled for players who don't understand the language. For the GM and players who do understand then the text isn't scrambled.

Nibelung
November 9th, 2015, 04:25
The text is only scrambled for players who don't understand the language. For the GM and players who do understand then the text isn't scrambled.

I'll test it Tuesday on my game, but just to be clear, I'm not talking about the [translation] line, but the runes below, that use a simple font substitution, while keeping the actual text there.

Trenloe
November 9th, 2015, 04:27
but just to be clear, I'm not talking about the [translation] line, but the runes below, that use a simple font substitution, while keeping the actual text there.
Yep, I understand exactly what you're referring to (I wrote the original language extension that did the text scrambling).

You can test this now - connect another instance of FG on the same computer and Join Game using a server name of localhost

Nibelung
November 9th, 2015, 04:44
Yep, I understand exactly what you're referring to (I wrote the original language extension that did the text scrambling).

You can test this now - connect another instance of FG on the same computer and Join Game using a server name of localhost

You are right, it scrambled only in the client side. Thank you for the information.

jajen2003
November 9th, 2015, 13:56
So I seem to be having a problem with the updates.

I had updated FG when it originally promoted me to a few days ago. Then I logged in, DM'd for my group of players, using the LMoP module. We used the Wave Echo Cave map. I've placed PCs tokens, FoW, monster tokens the whole nine. I'll /save the campaign, denoting the token locations and the state of the map with FoW. Recently, FG had prompted me to update again. A small corrective patching I assume. But what happens is, once the patch is done, my saved version of the campaign is gone. Meaning, the map I was using previously is reset, the token placement is gone, the Fog of War on Wave Echo Cave is gone, it's like it's a brand new campaign with no saved state to the game.

The first time it happened, they were only so far in to the cave, so redrawing the Fog of War and placing the tokens was easy. Now it's happening to every seprate group of players I have playing LMoP. It's overwriting the previous state of the maps.

What do I do? Should I not expect FG to save the states of my games any more and screen shot everything before I log out?

It's like trying to leave a board game exactly how it was on the table so we could play next week, and in the meantime, the cat has come by and just wiped the board clean.

Please help.

Update 1 - In different campaign, instead of updating the maps in the Images and Maps section under the DD Lost Mine of Phandelver group, it's making new <<New Drawing>> entries in the unnamed general group tab. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my Monday group's game.

RECAP: Monday Group - No problem; Wednesday Group - FG is making new versions of maps, naming them <<New Drawing>> and placing them in the unnamed group in the Images and Maps tab; Friday Group - Not saving map states, Fog of War, or token place at all.

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2015, 14:02
Jajen; see post #44 above. This is a known problem.

Unahim
November 9th, 2015, 14:09
Is it possible to disable the language extension? I don't need it for every game, and it takes up quite prime real estate when you don't need it.

jajen2003
November 9th, 2015, 14:28
Jajen; see post #44 above. This is a known problem.

Many thanks Z. I'll just take screenshots for now to make things work. Unless there is another fix in the meantime.

Short of a screen shot, what would you recommend? If it doesn't save the layout, should I save it as a different campaign, do something different with the maps. I'm sure the answer isn't to stop playing until the update comes out.

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2015, 15:44
Jajen: this should only happen once, immediately after the last update to 3.1.3. If it is happening multiple times I'm wondering if you are using some kind of external thing as a back up for your files. If you are then that will be the root of your problem because the files will get out of sync. So don't back up the FG files to an external source.

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2015, 15:47
Is it possible to disable the language extension? I don't need it for every game, and it takes up quite prime real estate when you don't need it.

When you start the campaign you should see the list of extensions on the right hand side. Just untick the language extension.

Now, that said, do you mean the languages that are now built into Fantasy Grounds; i.e. the one that shows up as a drop down menu in chat? If you do then no you can't disable that. Also what do you mean it takes up quite a bit of real estate; all it is is a small drop down menu in chat.

Nickademus
November 9th, 2015, 16:36
Now, that said, do you mean the languages that are now built into Fantasy Grounds; i.e. the one that shows up as a drop down menu in chat? If you do then no you can't disable that. Also what do you mean it takes up quite a bit of real estate; all it is is a small drop down menu in chat.

He does and I second this. It should be an option for the GM, not forced.

Updated the PF ruleset and I am in a game. The chat box list of languages contains languages I do not know (are not on my character sheet) and I can send chat message in them which are translated for me. I can see translations for other people that are speaking in languages I don't know. Languages specific to Forgotten Realms and Golarion that were in the extension are missing. (I assume their presence in the publicly-distributed extension means they are legal for Smite Works to include in FG.)

Upon investigation, the GM had to add some of the missing languages using the Options menu. One of them was a language called Polyglot from the world of Golarion. After a period of time testing, all the players came to the conclusion that any player with a character that had this language on their list was granted access to all language. I imagine this is due to the meaning of the word that is used to name the language. Nevertheless, Paizo decided the name of the language. After removing the language (or renaming it) the languages seemed to work as intended. I saw no description of the new language feature in the release notes or on the wiki. Is it true that the word polyglot grants all languages? And can we have the languages that were removed added back in?

Trenloe
November 9th, 2015, 16:49
Is it true that the word polyglot grants all languages?
Yes. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20332-Tenians-Language-Chat-Extension-for-select-FG-3-0-rulesets&p=235410&viewfull=1#post235410

And can we have the languages that were removed added back in?
Yes. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20332-Tenians-Language-Chat-Extension-for-select-FG-3-0-rulesets&p=238619&viewfull=1#post238619

jajen2003
November 9th, 2015, 17:23
Jajen: this should only happen once, immediately after the last update to 3.1.3. If it is happening multiple times I'm wondering if you are using some kind of external thing as a back up for your files. If you are then that will be the root of your problem because the files will get out of sync. So don't back up the FG files to an external source.

Unfortunately, FG is showing that there's an update every other day. The red Updates button is on every other day I launch FG. So it has been happening multiple times. Every time I update, this happens. Why would FG prompt me to update so often? Are there multiple updates coming out on a regular basis, little patch fixes and the like?

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2015, 17:58
Unfortunately, FG is showing that there's an update every other day. The red Updates button is on every other day I launch FG. So it has been happening multiple times. Every time I update, this happens. Why would FG prompt me to update so often? Are there multiple updates coming out on a regular basis, little patch fixes and the like?

Yes, but the problem occurred with the v3.1.3. update. Some of the other updates were not to the actual program itself but corrections in modules etc which (I don't think) should affect the issue you have. But I could very well be wrong on this.

jajen2003
November 9th, 2015, 18:16
Yes, but the problem occurred with the v3.1.3. update. Some of the other updates were not to the actual program itself but corrections in modules etc which (I don't think) should affect the issue you have. But I could very well be wrong on this.

Hmmm... Yeah, the update this morning cleared out the maps and such for another module I was running as well. This is most unfortunate. Well, as of now, the problem only occurs when I accept the prompted update from FG itself. So I'm just not going to do any updates for now. I can't keep recreating all the Fog of War stuff for my maps every time. I like to play D&D, but it's not worth that hassle.

Nickademus
November 9th, 2015, 18:51
Yes. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20332-Tenians-Language-Chat-Extension-for-select-FG-3-0-rulesets&p=235410&viewfull=1#post235410

Yes. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20332-Tenians-Language-Chat-Extension-for-select-FG-3-0-rulesets&p=238619&viewfull=1#post238619

Thanks. For some reason that thread didn't show as having new posts for me that last couple days. I thought the extension was just being dropped.

jamessmckay
November 9th, 2015, 19:23
Any news on the fix to the DCI and Faction on the log tab? You cannot add any information for those field. Or am I misguided?

Jim

Zacchaeus
November 9th, 2015, 20:44
Any news on the fix to the DCI and Faction on the log tab? You cannot add any information for those field. Or am I misguided?

Jim

No news on an update just yet, but it's a problem that the devs are aware of.

Moon Wizard
November 10th, 2015, 00:49
Quick hot fix today for a couple 5E items.

DCI/Faction missing on PC Log tab. Fixed.
Certain creature damage rolls (i.e. hell hound bite) were rolling wrong amount of dice. Fixed.
Spell detail window sizes are consistent and smaller.

Regards,
JPG

jamessmckay
November 10th, 2015, 00:56
Fantastic!! Thank you for such a great product.

jajen2003
November 10th, 2015, 12:59
Quick hot fix today for a couple 5E items.

DCI/Faction missing on PC Log tab. Fixed.
Certain creature damage rolls (i.e. hell hound bite) were rolling wrong amount of dice. Fixed.

Regards,
JPG

If I install this update, is it going to clear out all my maps again? I don't want to install it unless I know it's safe and won't clear my map states.

JohnD
November 10th, 2015, 13:39
If I install this update is it going to make me climb the back fence and beat the living crap out of the neighbour who has been raking leaves on his crushed stones since 6 AM? I need to know. Help save a life SmiteWorks.

Zacchaeus
November 10th, 2015, 15:36
If I install this update is it going to make me climb the back fence and beat the living crap out of the neighbour who has been raking leaves on his crushed stones since 6 AM? I need to know. Help save a life SmiteWorks.

Yes. Yes it is. :)

Zacchaeus
November 10th, 2015, 15:56
If I install this update, is it going to clear out all my maps again? I don't want to install it unless I know it's safe and won't clear my map states.

So this is what it has done to (for?) me.

Before Sunday, the map that the players were on (1st floor Castle) was a gray blank square. I had to relink the map with the story and then relink all of the story entries and then Mask the map and then unmask all the bits that the players had already seen. In other words to take it back to the last session before Sunday's game. During Sunday's game the group explored some more of level 1 and some of level 2 and level 3.

So after today's update. The level 1 map is still exactly as I left it after Sunday's game - no changes. However level 2 and level 3 maps are like they had never been touched, no masking is apparent. However unlike the level 1 map before Sunday all of the links are still intact and the maps aren't showing as gray squares.

So, in brief, and what I think is the position is that the problem has been fixed; but in order to fix it some data (mainly the masked state) has been lost. Just as a side note I now also have a bunch of maps (every one the players have seen up to this point in the adventure) called 'New Drawing', in the images and maps page.

EDIT: I found the map for level 2 complete with the correct masking and all map pins intact in one of the 'New Drawings'

Moon Wizard
November 10th, 2015, 21:39
The hot fix mentioned is purely for the 5E ruleset itself, and not any of the data modules.

Related to the gray squares and missing maps issue,
There was an issue with the first 4 D&D modules where the data paths for the maps had been changed with the v3.1.3 versions. I rolled back those changes to the v3.1.2 versions, once we uncovered the issue from everyone's reports. However, the people that played between Wed and Sat were affected by this disconnect. They would see the gray squares issues for previously used maps, and again would see a potential issue for any maps changed between Wed and Sat upon changing back. We are triple checking the data modules to make sure that the data paths are identical as we fix. If anyone needs help getting there changes reconciled, you can send an e-mail to [email protected] with the correct XML file for the affected adventure from your campaign's moduledb sub-directory. We won't be able to merge the changes, but we can set any changes made between Wed-Sat to a map as the default instead of showing up as a New Drawing.

Regards,
JPG

Unahim
November 11th, 2015, 12:53
When you start the campaign you should see the list of extensions on the right hand side. Just untick the language extension.

Yeah, that's the one I mean. And it may be small, but it's in an area that sees a lot of traffic.

Zacchaeus
November 11th, 2015, 13:08
Yeah, that's the one I mean. And it may be small, but it's in an area that sees a lot of traffic.

Enough to be a problem? Have you perhaps resized your chat window to be tiny or something? It's barely noticeable on mine.

Callum
November 13th, 2015, 21:42
Thanks for this new feature - it works really well! However, I wonder if I could make a couple of suggestions for improvements?

When generating the "gibberish" text for those that don't understand the language, you add a random number of letters to each word - but this number is often quite high, making the words (and sentences) rather long on the whole. Could you reduce the maximum number of letters added (making it, say, between zero and two)?
For the gibberish text, you select random characters - but the number and punctuation characters in the replacement fonts are often not really changed (and even the capital letters, sometimes), making the "foreign" speech not look so good, with ordinary numbers dotted around it. Could you just choose random lower-case alphabetical characters?

Thanks again!

demonsbane
November 14th, 2015, 11:07
Quick hot fix today for a couple 5E items. (. . .)

Thank you very much.

Unahim
November 15th, 2015, 17:11
Enough to be a problem? Have you perhaps resized your chat window to be tiny or something? It's barely noticeable on mine.

Look, I just want it to be a toggleable option. That's it. I don't like how it looks when I don't need it, and that's that. Please stop trying to talk me out of it because in your opinion it's small and unobtrusive, it is getting tiresome. I know what I want, I know what annoys me, and you coming here to tell me "Hey man, it's really barely noticeable! You're wrong about it being annoying!" when clearly it is annoying enough to me for me to come to the forum to make a request about it is, quite frankly, arrogant. Don't assume that you have the correct opinion and that I will somehow fold to it if you just explain it often enough, preferences are preferences, I've stated mine, I've made a simple request. The end.

Sorry, don't mean to be harsh to you, but you're coming across as very condescending and belittling of my issue, and it is getting under my skin.

Zacchaeus
November 15th, 2015, 17:47
Look, I just want it to be a toggleable option. That's it. I don't like how it looks when I don't need it, and that's that. Please stop trying to talk me out of it because in your opinion it's small and unobtrusive, it is getting tiresome. I know what I want, I know what annoys me, and you coming here to tell me "Hey man, it's really barely noticeable! You're wrong about it being annoying!" when clearly it is annoying enough to me for me to come to the forum to make a request about it is, quite frankly, arrogant. Don't assume that you have the correct opinion and that I will somehow fold to it if you just explain it often enough, preferences are preferences, I've stated mine, I've made a simple request. The end.

Sorry, don't mean to be harsh to you, but you're coming across as very condescending and belittling of my issue, and it is getting under my skin.

Ouch! I wasn't telling you that it isn't annoying, nor was I stating any kind of opinion, nor was I explaining anything. I was trying to help solve your problem since it was possible that you (and possibly others) had some kind of bug which was making the drop down menu much larger than it appears for me. However I'm very clear now that it isn't a bug.

Nickademus
November 16th, 2015, 00:54
Look, I just want it to be a toggleable option. That's it. I don't like how it looks when I don't need it, and that's that.

In the desktop_classes.xml file in the desktop folder of the CoreRPG.pak ruleset, scroll down to the chat window definition at line number 36. In the subsection called <sheetdata>, in both the <combobox name="language"> and <genericcontrol name="languageicon"> definitions, put the line:

<invisible/>
In the chat_window.lua file in the desktop/scripts folder, go down to the last function called onDrop(...). Comment out the last if/then block by putting double hyphens in front of each line:

--if draginfo.getType() == "language" then
-- LanguageManager.setCurrentLanguage(draginfo.getStr ingData());
-- return true;
--end

Save both files and the language UI will be gone. Of course, you could make an extension that has these two files with the changes, but that is a bit more difficult. Either way, if you update Fantasy Grounds you will have to do this again (or update the extension is these files are changed).