PDA

View Full Version : Getting groups..

kamkor
November 4th, 2015, 14:23
Hello all, I'm thinking of getting Fantasy Grounds for CoC, I guess as the topic states. How easy is it to find groups to play CoC on FG? Im used to Roll20 where you can tag your profile for certain games and you will automatically show up in a search and game creators can just PM you to ask if you want in. Is it similar on FG? I do like the look of FG, it has more features then Roll20 for sure. I just dont want to spend the coin if the LFG potential is low, or hard to find groups.

Thanks all

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2015, 14:34
Hello and welcome to the forums and to FG.

If you are wanting to join a game as a player then you won't need to spend any coin if the DM has an ultimate licence. Your best bet for finding games is to post here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?40-LFG-Looking-for-Group-%28formerly-Guild-House%29) or have a look at the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/).

damned
November 4th, 2015, 21:41
Hey kamkor! There is a good Call of Cthulhu ruleset (and we are looking at an even better 7e conversion). Not as much Cthulhu gaming gets advertised as we'd like. I think there are plenty of Cthulhu players around but not so many GMs looking to start CoC campaigns. At FG Con 7 we had two Call of Chhulhu, one Achtung! Cthulhu and one Trail of Cthulhu session run. They were all one shots but there is plenty of interest...
Also posting your TZ and availability might also help others know whether they have something that might suit you.

ianmward
November 6th, 2015, 07:02
Hi Kamkor. I regularly run CoC one shots at the FG-Con and FG-Daze events and I'd be happy to have you in my games.

I am also toying with the idea of starting a Masks campaign going, when I get time...

damned
November 6th, 2015, 12:07
Hi Kamkor. I regularly run CoC one shots at the FG-Con and FG-Daze events and I'd be happy to have you in my games.

I am also toying with the idea of starting a Masks campaign going, when I get time...

And one day I will run one for you too Ian!

dberkompas
November 6th, 2015, 18:06
Wait, did you says 'Masks'?

I'd love to be a part of that, or maybe Eternal Lies?
(I remember seeing a conversion document for EL kicking around someplace).

BoomerET

kamkor
November 6th, 2015, 20:30
I would love to get into one, i just downloaded FG and the CoC rule set from Steam. but im having a major issue right now, im getting the Run Test.....Failure issue. I have contacted support to get help with this and i hope to have it resolved soon. Im looking forward to some CoC very soon.

ianmward
November 6th, 2015, 21:02
Sorry to hear that.
Though, it's worth mentioning, that error shouldn't stop you joining other people's games, but will stop others joining a game you run. It's usually due to your Internet router not letting traffic in to your computer and is usually easy to fix once you know how and if you have access to be able to configure your router.

kamkor
November 6th, 2015, 21:44
I got it all working, thanks to Doug on support. Sundays would be great for me, or Friday nights. Im Canada, EST.

kamkor
November 7th, 2015, 23:32

Well when you get the Masks campaign going be sure to count me in :)

MadBeardMan
November 9th, 2015, 00:02

o.O! Masks, damn my timezone :(

Henric
January 21st, 2016, 19:57
I'm kind of toying with the idea of switching out Roll20 for FantasyGrounds for my upcoming Masks campaign, but since my players aren't that keen on digital tools they aren't really looking to splash the cash for just this one campaign. And getting the Ultimate license just for running Masks feels a bit much. Would love to run one online though, so we'll see. :)

damned
January 21st, 2016, 21:03
Henric - for that situation the sub would be ideal. You get a bonus one month on your very first sub too so for $10 you would get the Ultimate sub for the first 2 months. Youw ould still need the ruleset and possibly some DLC but these would remain yours after the sub ended.

Henric
January 21st, 2016, 21:08
Henric - for that situation the sub would be ideal. You get a bonus one month on your very first sub too so for $10 you would get the Ultimate sub for the first 2 months. Youw ould still need the ruleset and possibly some DLC but these would remain yours after the sub ended.

Good idea! Thanks!