PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands: Reloaded bugs on Savage Worlds 4.2

phantomwhale
November 4th, 2015, 00:25
Hey guys - just wanted to throw out that the Savage Worlds 4.2 release came along at a killer, snowed under time for me, so I didn't have time to fully integrate it with the new SW release yet. I did fix up core bugs on the combat tracker and get that functional, but there are certainly patches to come (these will be pushed straight to live) in the next few days.

I've seen one bug report from dikdastard - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26251-Savage-Worlds-v4-2-available-as-beta/page6 - but if anyone has anymore, this thread is a great place to post them.

Usually we would have held the 4.2 release back a little longer, but it was required to go out to patch SW for the new CoreRPG version, which was required for some 5E DnD stuff that Smiteworks have a delivery schedule on, so all in all it was much easier to push ahead and patch, rather than potentially have SW broken as well.

Not ideal, but DLR people - I am here, I am aware it's not 100%, and I'm totally gonna fix that up real soon.

Skellan
November 4th, 2015, 23:44
Ooops, you meant this thread.

Here's some Deadlands bugs. Sorry if you are already aware of these.

I think this is mentioned earlier but the soak button is not automatically spending the benny. It seems to make the vigor roll ok, so its not a huge issue.

There seems to be an issue with the languages function. I am getting this error message when opening the notes tab:

Ruleset Error: window: Control(languagelistscrollbar) anchoring to an undefined control (languagelist) in windowclass (charsheet_notes)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(languagelistscrollbar) anchoring to an undefined control (languagelist) in windowclass (charsheet_notes)

Mask_of_winter
November 5th, 2015, 01:19
That's the thing. In regular Savage Worlds you spend a benny to soak. In Deadlands you basically have three different types of bennies (fate chips), you could spend a white, red or blue to soak.

Skellan
November 5th, 2015, 02:44
Yeah, that's fair enough, the benny thing is fine as it is.

Oddly, my Deadlands reloaded module has disappeared from the library. Is anyone else having this trouble or is it just me? The file is in the modules folder so I am not sure why it isn't showing. I thought it might be the enhanced library extention but I turned it off and it still isn't there.

Mask_of_winter
November 5th, 2015, 03:00
Oddly, my Deadlands reloaded module has disappeared from the library. Is anyone else having this trouble or is it just me? The file is in the modules folder so I am not sure why it isn't showing. I thought it might be the enhanced library extention but I turned it off and it still isn't there.
Yes, same with me. The Marshal's Handbook is there but not the Player's Guide.
Looking at the the .mod file, it appears the name tag is wrong in the definition xml file. In fact, the DLR Player's Guide contains the Marshal's Handbook data.

dstuffle
November 5th, 2015, 03:46
Weapons for NPCs (from the campaign level & The Flood supplements at least) displayed the correct die type and amount for damage, but didn't roll when clicked. If opened up for inspection the damage field was empty. Filling the damage field restored full functionality.

phantomwhale
November 5th, 2015, 12:58
Weapons for NPCs (from the campaign level & The Flood supplements at least) displayed the correct die type and amount for damage, but didn't roll when clicked. If opened up for inspection the damage field was empty. Filling the damage field restored full functionality.

This would seem to be a problem with most of the published Savage Worlds material. Whilst the core Savage books have been updated to have the underlying damage stat, many older extensions and published adevntures probably won't have this value set (it's mostly for player characters, although doesn't hurt to put it on NPCs too).

Thanks for this, suspect people on other extensions will spot this soon too - we'll get it patched ASAP

phantomwhale
November 5th, 2015, 12:59
Yeah, that's fair enough, the benny thing is fine as it is.

Mine vanished too ! Have resubmitted the modules to Smiteworks. Maybe a copy-paste error during the upload offering (possibly mine even !) - hopefully they'll go through correctly this time.

dstuffle
November 5th, 2015, 13:08
Thanks for all you do Phantomwhale. As a professional programmer myself, I have a fairly good idea of the level (a whole lot) of effort you expend on this stuff.

Skellan
November 5th, 2015, 15:14
Yes, thank you Phantomwhale. I really appreciate your hard work. Deadlands has some funny rules in it and the FG ruleset is awesome. Some bugs are to be expected after an update like this.
In future, I will use the dev version earlier as I guess it will make your job easier if people help to report stuff.

Monkeywithtacos
November 6th, 2015, 02:17
Thanks Phantomwhale! Your hard work is most definitely appreciated!

~MwT

Skellan
November 6th, 2015, 14:17
I don't mean to be a pain but is it likely that the players guide will be back up before Sunday? I have a game on Sunday and will postpone the session and run something else if it will take longer.

Moon Wizard
November 6th, 2015, 19:18
Phantomwhale and Doug pushed an update to fix the module issue yesterday evening. Please give it another update and review.

Thanks,
JPG

Monkeywithtacos
November 6th, 2015, 21:11
Phantomwhale and Doug pushed an update to fix the module issue yesterday evening. Please give it another update and review.

Thanks,
JPG

Yeah, apparently it didn't take as the Deadlands Players Guide is still not showing up in the "Library" under modules =(

~MwT

Moon Wizard
November 6th, 2015, 23:24
I just checked, and it looked like the changes had only gotten pushed to the Test channel. I just pushed into the Live channel. Apologies for my confusion.

Regards,
JPG

Skellan
November 7th, 2015, 00:17
Thank you, that fixed it

Monkeywithtacos
November 7th, 2015, 08:00
Thank you, Moon Wizard, for your prompt attention to this!

~MwT

Skellan
December 14th, 2015, 13:11
I noticed that the Deadlands ruleset does not allow for player characters to be dragged to either critters or humans tabs, converting them to an extra. This is handy for absent players. I can work around it by turning off the ruleset and converting the PC by dragging it to personalities and then turning the Deadlands ruleset back on, so it not a massive issue but I thought I'd just make you aware of it.

Also, the players love the soak button but it stops working after three times and gives a message that the player has run out of bennies. I know that you can't really automate spending fate chips as there are different types, but would it be possible to unlock the soak button so it always works?