PDA

View Full Version : Spells Slots for Level 3 Ranger

StarDebut
November 3rd, 2015, 22:53
Making a character with one of the players in our campaign, I am a DM moving over from roll20.net

One thing that is bothering, is in Actions tab. Spell Slots = 2 . Where as Spells for a Ranger at third level should be 3.

Can anyone fill me in on details what I have done wrong.

Eru the One
November 3rd, 2015, 23:24
Did you drop the ranger class on the character sheet from the official PHB or change the level manually using the magnifying glass? If I drop the class from the PHB, I do get 3 spell slots @ level 3, but manually adjusting the class/level from 2->3 I did not see the increase. You can manually add the spell slot by going to the bottom and changing the "Mode" from "Standard" to "Preparation" and then change the number of spell slots from 2 to 3. Hope that helps.

Zacchaeus
November 4th, 2015, 11:28
Indeed, as Eru says you'll get the correct slots if you level up via drag/drop which is the recommended method for character creation and levelling for the 5e ruleset. If you do things manually then you will have to then manually adjust all aspects of the levelling up process, of which spell slots are just one.

One thing to note is that although there is an element of automation in the character sheet it isn't fully automated so a good deal of manual intervention is usually required to make sure that your character is getting the correct benefits from levelling up.