PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From The Past (and a Stoopid Wiki Question)

StuartW
November 3rd, 2015, 21:03
Hello friends, this is Stuart Woodard, British community developer formerly known as Foen. Following a tumultuous three years of upheaval in my personal life (of which I would happily tell more if plied with adequate amounts of Guinness), I find myself in the happy place of owning a laptop, having some evening time on my hands, and still (hopefully) in possession of enough of my whits to make a contribution once more. FG opened a world of online fun to me, enabled me to meet (both virtually, and eventually in the flesh) some really great people, and has provided countless hours of fun, joy, playing, refereeing and developing (sometimes all of the above). It has long been on my list to give something back, but no promises just yet, as I need to see how well it will reintegrate with my life.

As regards favourite gaming systems, I like the flexibility of BRP (and adore Call of Cthulhu so much, that I have a rather bold tattoo by way of evidence), have really enjoyed being a player with World of Darkness (using the more recent Storytelling System), and cannot get enough of Traveller. D&D is fun to GM, but I got stuck at 3.5E and have not had the opportunity to play anything from this millennium, let alone this century, decade etc.

Now the Stoopid Question about the Wiki (rather than a question about the Stoopid wiki):

Q.: I entered my forum userid and password into the Wiki and it hated me. Do I need to be registered on the Wiki to contribute, and how do I go about that?

Thank you for reading, and please get in touch if you want to do so!

Cheers

Stuart

Trenloe
November 3rd, 2015, 21:10
Welcome back Stuart! :)

Only a few select people can update the Wiki. The current process is to write what you want to put/update into a forum post (or an email) and inform the powers that be (easy way is to email [email protected]). Or if you have some ideas for updates use the same email to outline your ideas and ask for editing access.

Moon Wizard
November 3rd, 2015, 21:11
The wiki is a separate login system. The idea is that the wiki would be populated by FG experts with interest and devs. Send me a note at [email protected].

And welcome back!

JPG

Zacchaeus
November 3rd, 2015, 22:08
I believe there are no stoopid Wiki questions :)

StuartW
November 3rd, 2015, 22:19
I believe there are no stoopid Wiki questions :)

Only Stoopid Wiki answers? ;)

Thanks Zacchaeus, I feel better already.

damned
November 4th, 2015, 11:54
Hello friends, this is Stuart Woodard, British community developer formerly known as Foen. Following a tumultuous three years of upheaval in my personal life (of which I would happily tell more if plied with adequate amounts of Guinness), I find myself in the happy place of owning a laptop, having some evening time on my hands, and still (hopefully) in possession of enough of my whits to make a contribution once more. FG opened a world of online fun to me, enabled me to meet (both virtually, and eventually in the flesh) some really great people, and has provided countless hours of fun, joy, playing, refereeing and developing (sometimes all of the above). It has long been on my list to give something back, but no promises just yet, as I need to see how well it will reintegrate with my life.

Welcome home!

StuartW
November 7th, 2015, 20:48
Thank you! Hopefully I shall get my hands dirty on some rulesets again in the coming weeks. :)