PDA

View Full Version : Deadlands Reloaded Campaign Recruiting: Sundays 7pm GMT

Skellan
November 1st, 2015, 22:09
FG License: Ultimate, so its free to play
Game System: Savage Worlds

Time Zone: GMT
Day of week and time: Sundays 7PM GMT
Start date: Sunday 8th November 7pm with session zero followed by beginning the scenario 'Guess who's coming to Donner'
Planned Frequency: Weekly but there will be some sundays off if I need to write content or whatever.
Term: Open ended.

Text or Voice: I like a mix of text and voice. Text can be great for adding cool descriptions or doing 'background' things.
Voice software used: Teamspeak, using the FG Con community server

Roleplay & Combat mix: It depends but I usually aim for 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: We currently have 2 players (both hucksters) and we are looking for 2 more players
Character starting level & equipment: You'll be starting as a novice cowpoke with $250 to their name
Character restrictions: I love the western horror aspect of Deadlands but I am not so fond of the mad science elements. As such, I will be minimizing tech and mad science as much as possible, so sorry to all the budding mad scientists but they are unavailable for this campaign. Also, harrowed is something that might happen to you in future. No one will begin as harrowed.

Details of the campaign: I want you to have a decent amount of freedom, so the start of the first session will be a 'session zero' that will help me to make stories centered around your characters as much as possible. I am not too interested in game mechanics here but I want to get your characters' backgrounds/personality and motivations sorted. This doesn't need to be an epic history, just something to root your character in the world and give me some direction as to where you want the story to go. As there will be a decent amount of freedom, we will need a solid group that has good reason to stay together. Consequently, your backgrounds need to all overlap and be strongly linked.

I have the Great Northwest Trail guide and the Weird White North Trail guide along with the Last Sons plot point campaign, so it will be set in the North, North West and disputed territories. I'll be using locales, savage tales and plot point campaigns from these sources. If you are familiar with any of these books please let me know.

I'll will begin with the scenario 'Guess who's coming to Donner?' to get us started.

Finally, if you are new to savage worlds, Deadlands or Fantasy Grounds, please don't feel overwhelmed by it all. New players are welcome and I will happily explain things as we go along.

Message me or post below if you are interested in taking part in dark adventures in the Old West.

Tosayuf
November 1st, 2015, 22:54
I am absolutely interested. I have ultimate edition as well and the deadlands dlc. I am new to both fantasy grounds and SW, but I have 10+ years experience with dnd and pathfinder. I have been looking for a Sunday game.

Skellan
November 1st, 2015, 23:02
Great, welcome aboard. One space left

Tosayuf
November 2nd, 2015, 03:26
What rule-set is this? Release 3.5 or Release 4? I am new enough to Savage Worlds I don't know the difference at all.

Monkeywithtacos
November 2nd, 2015, 08:27
Looking forward to it! Working on the character details for my huckster.... Will be a blast...

I think 4.0 is the current build for SW, and it also uses the Deadlands: Reloaded ruleset which augments the base SW rules. Fun system and pretty easy to pick up on.

~MwT

hawkwind
November 2nd, 2015, 09:22
'Guess who's coming to Donner?' they have have kebab shops in Deadlands?

Monkeywithtacos
November 2nd, 2015, 11:12
'Guess who's coming to Donner?' they have have kebab shops in Deadlands?

Aye, for those with a very discerning palate I'm told.....

~MwT

Skellan
November 2nd, 2015, 21:54
Ha, yes, the name is even more unfortunate considering the actual events in donner pass.

The ruleset should update for you when you connect if you don't already have it.

I will post some more background info about where in deadlands we will begin the story

Monkeywithtacos
November 3rd, 2015, 20:39
Still needing one more I believe..... =)

Skellan
November 3rd, 2015, 23:57
The posse has a new member, the sharpshooting Sally Locke.

We are good to start this Sunday. The campaign will begin in Virginia City, Nevada.

Monkeywithtacos
November 4th, 2015, 09:13
Yee Haw!!!

Welcome Miss Locke!

Looking forward to it!

~MwT