PDA

View Full Version : Criticals & Fumbles on Spells?

kmfdm
November 1st, 2015, 16:38
I was thinking about implementing critical fumbles with spells for Primeval Thule (lose Sanity, Hit Points, etc); is it possible to edit the Critical hit/fumble extension to do this?

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2015, 18:43
Do you mean the Default Critical Hit and Fumble mod that comes with FG? if so then I don't see any reason why you can't edit that since it's just a few tables. I've never used it so I don't know if it fires on critical hits when rolling attacks for spells. you could test it out though.

kmfdm
November 1st, 2015, 19:54
Yes, the CH/F mod only works on weapons.
I was wondering how I would go about trying to change it for spells with their own crit/fumble tables.

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2015, 22:40
That would be beyond my ken, but I suspect an extension would be required; or you could just make the tables up and do the rolls manually whenever there is a critical or fumble.

anemeth
June 11th, 2017, 05:15
I was going to take the Rolemaster crit/fumble charts and integrate them into my 5e campaign. Two questions:
1. Has it been done already?
2. Can it be done?

Zacchaeus
June 11th, 2017, 10:40
1) Not that I'm aware of
2) The basic critical fumble module can be found in the modules folder in FG; so I assume that you can just unzip that and edit the XML with whatever you want. Someone did an expanded critical/fumle table thing on the DMs Guild which you might want to look at.

anemeth
June 11th, 2017, 23:10
Awesome thanks!

Nylanfs
June 12th, 2017, 12:46
If you like those tables take a look at Torn Asunder's (https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/86417/Torn-Asunder-Critical-Hits-PFRPG-Edition) crit tables. :)