PDA

View Full Version : Dice Tower

Aircop
November 1st, 2015, 13:22
I have activated the Dice Tower from the GM screen but it will not show up on the desk top, I have restarted but that did not help, any ideas? Thanks.

AirCop

damned
November 1st, 2015, 13:38
If you are the GM you also need to set GM Dice Rolls to ON otherwise they are all already "in the tower" and the tower doesnt show...

Aircop
November 1st, 2015, 14:40
It is turned on in GM mode, I am running Pathfinder, I did not think to look in player mode that makes sense, when I get home i will check, thank you both

Aircop
November 1st, 2015, 14:43
Now maybe you can point out the latest videos on how to run Fantasy Grounds for this newbie, thanks for you patience

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2015, 15:30
As you have discovered the option to show the Dice tower shows it only to players; however as damned said above if you have the (totally different) option of Chat: Show GM rolls then the dice tower will also show for the DM. This allows for felxibility for the DM to show some, but not necessarily all of the dice rolls.

A good place to start looking for videos in in the Wiki (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos). There are also links to many videos in YouTube including this chaps (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-pNvUFwsrAHTtuQna02FEA) and this other chap (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDLvZzXFxdJCBSl6J-202IA)

Aircop
November 1st, 2015, 17:31
yeah found some videos but they seem a bit dated

Aircop
November 1st, 2015, 17:36
got it and thank you

Zacchaeus
November 1st, 2015, 18:33

Are you suggesting that Dulux-Oz and damned are like ... old or something? :)

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2015, 01:03

They may be dated - if you consider videos made for the current (major) version dated - but they're still the most up-to-date, current and recent videos you'll find (unless someone's gone and done some fresh ones I don't know about). The information in them is still relevant, the concepts covered are still current, but yes, there have been a few small improvments to the system since the earlier ones were done.

As I've said in before, when "life" stops interfering I'll do some more, including a "update" video on all of the changes since the 1st video was produced. In the meantime, they have been acknowledged by others as being some of the best out there (both mine and damned's).

Are you suggesting that Dulux-Oz and damned are like ... old or something? :)

No old: well matured - like a fine wine that can be enjoyed anytime!

Andraax
November 2nd, 2015, 15:34
No old: well matured - like a fine wine that can be enjoyed anytime!

I'm always scared that old wine has become vinegar...

dulux-oz
November 2nd, 2015, 23:30
I'm always scared that old wine has become vinegar...

Yes, but a fine wine - one made from premium ingredients and produced under exacting condition - does not become vinegar.

An old wine? Yes.

A well matured fine wine? No. :p