PDA

View Full Version : New Basic Role Play Campaign , Setting to be built around characters

Omen
October 31st, 2015, 21:20
Setting:
To be built around the characters that players with to be
It should be noted that while the players may choose to be literally anything they want I will be making sure that they begin the campaign at a level of an average person.
The Bringing low of your characters and the subsequent bringing them together will be the basis of how the world is formed.
IE: You wish to be a god - You were ripped from the heavens by a sect of cultists (meaning that the world not only has gods but they are vulnerable to the will of man and the world is currently reeling from your departure from the heavens)

Players:
2 - 6
While the average of 4 would be best at least 2 will be enough to generate the world as a whole. Players that leave the game can have their character set off from the group if they set it up before hand but missing two sessions in a row will see your character first go missing and then will be found in some way dead. You may re enter the game on your return after death but the longer the game goes on the more solid the world becomes and more restricted character creation will become.

Sessions:
Time-Zone : EST (players can be from anywhere as long as you can manage to show of to games)
Time : 3pm - 8pm EST (Dependant on player desire)
Day : Tuesday - Wednesday (Flexible to player Schedule)

I have now added an Obsidian Portal page for the Campaign
https://blank-slate.obsidianportal.com/

Blainee
October 31st, 2015, 21:34
I'd love to join in, if you're willing to accept a new player. I made a topic if you'd like to take a look!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26631-LFG-1(2)-Player-LF-any-night-any-time-Newcomer!&p=237073#post237073

Omen
October 31st, 2015, 21:38
Going to be using the Basic Role Play system which is a greatly simplified version of D&D.

So your overall skill and newness won't be much of a factor.

Blainee
October 31st, 2015, 21:41
Then I'd love to tag along, what do you need me to do?

Omen
October 31st, 2015, 21:46
Currently awaiting at least one more player but I will be giving this untill the end of the day to see how much interest there is.

If there is enough interest I may open multiple games either in there own settings or in the same setting once it becomes established.

For the time being think about what you wish to be.
This is without restriction but you will end up being either elevated or dragged down to something relative to a lvl 1 character

Blainee
October 31st, 2015, 21:50
Brilliant, okay!

damned
November 1st, 2015, 01:45
Currently awaiting at least one more player but I will be giving this untill the end of the day to see how much interest there is.

Hey Omen! Smaller rulesets/systems like BRP often take a lot longer to recruit for. You might not get your players in a single day... give it a chance though - let it run for a week or so if you can and if it slides off the front page in this forum give it a little bump with some extra info.

Omen
November 1st, 2015, 01:13
I have noted that , though with the world building nature of the campaign I wish to run I can get it started with a minimal number of players

I will of course keep this updated for as long as I can

Omen
November 2nd, 2015, 00:56
I have now added an Obsidian Portal page for the Campaign
https://blank-slate.obsidianportal.com/