PDA

View Full Version : OSRIC spells and monster modules not visible in library

sboyle
October 31st, 2015, 20:04
I just installed Fantasy Grounds and downloaded the OSRIC spells and Monster modules. I put both .mod files in the Fantasy Grounds module folder but when I start a campaign in OSRIC and click on the library, nothing is visible. Can anyone help?

Moon Wizard
October 31st, 2015, 20:44
After you install the modules, you will need to activate them for your campaign. There should be a Module Activation button on the right hand side that opens a window where you can activate the modules. Once activated, they should appear in your Library.

Regards,
JPG

sboyle
October 31st, 2015, 22:03
I found it! Thank you very much! Works like a charm.

dimonic
December 30th, 2020, 20:20
I am using the OSRIC_monsters.mod in the context of AD&D (1e).
I modified the definitions.xml to add the ruleset.

I got the message:

Unable to find a working hitDice [] for Batrachian to calculate saves. It should be # or #+# or #-#.

When adding a monster to an encounter.

I then exchanged the <hd...> tags for <hitDice...> and the problem was fixed. Not sure what other pitfalls I will throw myself into but I have a starting point.

celestian
December 30th, 2020, 20:29
I am using the OSRIC_monsters.mod in the context of AD&D (1e).
I modified the definitions.xml to add the ruleset.

I got the message:

Unable to find a working hitDice [] for Batrachian to calculate saves. It should be # or #+# or #-#.

When adding a monster to an encounter.

I then exchanged the <hd...> tags for <hitDice...> and the problem was fixed. Not sure what other pitfalls I will throw myself into but I have a starting point.

If you are using the old OSRIC modules (not the ones created by Sterno and others in the past year or so) they are probably not compatible these days. At least not in the 2E ruleset.

Sterno
December 31st, 2020, 14:19
And unfortunately, I haven't made much progress on the OSRIC monsters part of the module. The one I did was mostly just spells/races/classes/items.

dimonic
December 31st, 2020, 14:33
Thanks for the response: I didn't see Sterno's work in my searches. Looking into it now.

dimonic
December 31st, 2020, 14:37
I would gladly contribute some work on the monsters - I can do a some of the grunt work of data entry. I see you have made a start. If you would like to pick a category, I can start filling it out.