PDA

View Full Version : Steam DLC with Subscription?

Pandamonius
October 30th, 2015, 21:55
I'm new to FG and am wondering if I do a subscription through the website, can I buy DLC through Steam for it? I saw during the install where it would check Steam, but just wanted to be sure since the Steam DLC pages specify that you must have Fantasy Grounds "on Steam".

Moon Wizard
October 30th, 2015, 22:23
Due to the manual nature of the system that Steam has in place for registering third party license keys, we are only able to update license keys within the Steam database about once every 6 weeks. Doug updates this Steam community thread when license batches are pushed. (https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/2/558755530621472814/)

So, it may take a few weeks for the subscription license to be active on Steam for DLC purchases from Steam. You can still purchase DLC from the web site store in the mean time.

Regards,
JPG

Pandamonius
October 30th, 2015, 23:38
Thanks!

One more question then. Since I'm a bit anxious to play around, if I purchase say, the D&D Core Class pack from the website and download it now, can I also activate it later on Steam (so that it can be downloaded and reinstalled via Steam if need be in the future)?

Moon Wizard
October 30th, 2015, 23:52
The Steam version of Fantasy Grounds is just a shell that calls the regular version, so every DLC will work exactly the same regardless of where you buy it. The only difference would be that the DLC bought directly from the FG store wouldn't show up in your Steam purchased DLC list, but it doesn't affect availability of the DLC.

Regards,
JPG

damned
October 31st, 2015, 00:34
if you do your sub sooner rather than later as the last sync was about 4 weeks ago....