PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter for Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG 4th Printing

leozelig
October 30th, 2015, 19:56
FYI...

Goodman Games is running a kickstarter for the 4th printing of the DCC RPG rulebook. The pdf version is available for $25 and with the stretch goals, now includes pdfs of 4 adventure modules. There is a "first time fan" $40 pledge (print + pdf) that includes another free adventure of your choice and some other stretch goals.

For those who are unfamiliar, here is a quote that summarizes what DCC RPG is all about:

That, in short, is the goal of DCC RPG: to create a modern RPG that reflects D&D’s origin-point concepts with decades-later rules editions. From the company that was publishing old-school modules before the OSR ever existed, DCC RPG is not an old-school clone, but a re-imagining of what D&D could have been, utilizing the game’s primary sources of inspiration.

DCC RPG has a very active G+ community, and many of the writers and artists post there regularly. Finding a DCC RPG game on FG can be a little more of a challenge, which is my ulterior motive in posting this. :)

Trenloe
November 1st, 2015, 20:55
Link to the Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1409961192/dcc-rpg-4th-printing

leozelig
November 2nd, 2015, 12:20
Thanks, Trenloe, that is helpful...

leozelig
November 14th, 2015, 18:36
10 days left for the DCC RPG kickstarter!

A $25 pledge (pdf backer) gets you digital copies of the rulebook and 6 adventure modules. Some of the modules have mini-modules included, and the rulebook has 2 more short adventures. Each pdf module normally sells for around $7, so it's a pretty good deal. The minimum print+pdf pledge is $40 and comes with a few other goodies if you're into that sort of thing...

vikingbrad
November 20th, 2015, 01:25
And there goes another US$25...

Now to find a DCC Ruleset...

(Don't even know the rules :) , sounds similar to old D&D or maybe C&C)

Looking at this
https://www.goodman-games.com/downloads/DCCRPGQuickStartGuide060811.pdf

It seems very simple, expect it all could be done in Core Ruleset but I'm no expert

leozelig
November 20th, 2015, 14:13
I made a DCC RPG ruleset. You're right, not very complicated. You'll pick up the basics quickly. I am working on an update to include the new language features. I have these as an underlined string field now (like GG pdf char sheets), but switching it to a list on the abilities tab. I have also done some work on recognizing skills from the rulebook and auto-applying ability modifiers and things like that.

I will update the ruleset by the end of the weekend... Feel free to mess around with it on your own. There is a thread in the Armory forums for the ruleset download. The user guide is not totally up to date.

damned
November 21st, 2015, 06:03
I made a DCC RPG ruleset. You're right, not very complicated. You'll pick up the basics quickly. I am working on an update to include the new language features. I have these as an underlined string field now (like GG pdf char sheets), but switching it to a list on the abilities tab. I have also done some work on recognizing skills from the rulebook and auto-applying ability modifiers and things like that.

I will update the ruleset by the end of the weekend... Feel free to mess around with it on your own. There is a thread in the Armory forums for the ruleset download. The user guide is not totally up to date.

Its a pretty darn good ruleset too!

GunnarGreybeard
November 21st, 2015, 07:29
I have been following that kickstarter with interest but wondering, do I really need another game system? Hmm, decisions, decisions . . . :-(

damned
November 21st, 2015, 09:33
I have been following that kickstarter with interest but wondering, do I really need another game system? Hmm, decisions, decisions . . . :-(

I dont need another system - but I have it anyway :)

ddaley
November 21st, 2015, 17:52
I bought into the kickstarter... probably for way more than I should. Not sure when we'll get to play it. The group I am running is about to start Out of the Abyss. I imagine that is going to take a while... especially since we only seem to play about twice per month.

ddaley
November 21st, 2015, 17:54
Where do we find this ruleset for FG?

Griogre
November 21st, 2015, 19:49
There is a community ruleset but Goodman has resisted licensing any of their IP to Smiteworks. You can get the ruleset out of the armory here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24890-DCC-RPG-Ruleset

leozelig
November 21st, 2015, 20:38
I am going to post an updated ruleset, so wait for that. I have the same problem with not having enough time to work DCC into my free time :)

GunnarGreybeard
November 21st, 2015, 21:55
I have to say, their magic system really has me intrigued. I might back it just to get access to that.

leozelig
November 21st, 2015, 22:55
The randomness of the magic system is fun, I think. Some people are turned off by it, especially mercurial magic (https://purplesorcerer.com/mercurial.php).

I posted the latest version of the ruleset in the Armory thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24890-DCC-RPG-Ruleset). DCC RPG is a great system to run for a couple sessions when you want a break from the usual routine. My group did just that with the Halloween module recently. I have run a couple DCC RPG games for FG Con in the past - if anyone wants to check it out, I would be happy to run some more.