PDA

View Full Version : Showing 2d6 an an option within the default dice

MadBeardMan
October 30th, 2015, 00:44
Evening Folks,

Quick one before I must sleep.

I'm working on Traveller at the moment and it uses a mixture of d6 and 2d6, so I'm wondering (as I can't see how to do it), is it possible to have 2d6 as an automatic option when you pick up a dice?

For example, I have:

<die name="d6">
<icon>d6icon</icon>
<position>120,-68</position>
</die>

And what I'm hoping I can had a small distance away a pair of d6... any ideas?

Cheers
Colin

Moon Wizard
October 30th, 2015, 07:57
In the Rolemaster ruleset, they wanted an explicit way to pick up percentile dice without any right clicking. So, they created an icon in a panel on the desktop next to the modifier stack panel that contained a graphic of overlapping percentile dice. When you drag the icon, it picks up both dice to roll percentile.

Regards,
JPG

MadBeardMan
October 30th, 2015, 10:30
In the Rolemaster ruleset, they wanted an explicit way to pick up percentile dice without any right clicking. So, they created an icon in a panel on the desktop next to the modifier stack panel that contained a graphic of overlapping percentile dice. When you drag the icon, it picks up both dice to roll percentile.

Regards,
JPG

Morning Chap,

It's how I thought (i.e. there wasn't a way). Would like most odd as well.

I've hit upon the idea of using the panel below the dice, as I dragged 2 dice into Number 2 slot and it works nicely. So I imagine I rip open the campaign XML and plug that into the ruleset. I am though going to make sure the Character Sheet is all rollable from the skills list so the odd 2d6 will be rare.

One further question, one dice roll is the d66. You roll 2 dice, 1 is your 'tens' and the other your 'units'. You only get 36 possible results but they wouldn't need to be added together. I know both the dice are shown so at worst we can stick with that. Thinking aloud on this one.

Cheers

Moon Wizard
October 30th, 2015, 19:42
You'd have to write custom rolling code for that, so that 2 dice are rolled but the total is calculated by the ruleset. There's a chatwindow.onDiceTotal event you can monitor in the ruleset to override the totals displayed for specific rolls in the chat window.

Cheers,
JPG

MadBeardMan
October 31st, 2015, 23:24
Cheers JPG, just learning all this cool stuff, converting the main rules over at the moment then will tackle all these bits...

damned
November 1st, 2015, 01:47
The other option is of course assigning a skill/skills with the 2d6 dice on the character sheet that the player can roll from.

MadBeardMan
November 1st, 2015, 13:58
The other option is of course assigning a skill/skills with the 2d6 dice on the character sheet that the player can roll from.

That's been the plan all along, just thought about having the 2d6 option at the bottom as an option for non-skill associated rolls. Cheers though :)