PDA

View Full Version : Paradox aquires White-Wolf Publishing

viresanimi
October 29th, 2015, 21:32
Interestingly it seems that Paradox has bought White Wolf and all the IP's that White-Wolf owned. Which is pretty much every Storyteller game ever made. (Scion / Aeon are the exception).

I am quietly optimistic about this, since Paradox have a pretty good record for publishing (admittedly mostly computer-) games that are more niche, but they have published rp games. Reportedly the bosses of Paradox are mega nerds and who knows? Perhaps World of Darkness will get some love here some day. One can only hope.

Either way I found it interesting and thought people might want to know.

Vires Animi

Mellock
October 30th, 2015, 18:59
I also read they're gonna start licensing out from the beginning. I dunno, perhaps there's some way FG can factor in their plans. I only played in a few sessions of nWoD, but I thought the setting was marvellous, and Hunter: The Vigil will always have a spot in my gamer's heart. There's oddly enough not a lot of WoD games being discussed on the forums. Apparenlty they wanna start the RPG from scratch too, or did I read that wrong? It seems like like the whole thing is in good hands though.

viresanimi
October 30th, 2015, 19:14
Interesting point you have there. Storyteller / Vampire the Masquerade is the second best selling rpg of all time, yet isn't mentioned much here. My personal suspecion is that it is much more of a Roleplaying game compared to the Rollplaying of D&D. Which might turn people off VTT's.

Vires Animi

Szabtom
October 30th, 2015, 19:18
Paradox is good with online stuff. This could potentially be a huge opportunity to get WoD systems and settings on FG.

Honken
October 31st, 2015, 22:16
FYI, Paradox started as Äventyrsspel. And as Äventyrsspel they made Drakar & Demoner, which is a BRP rpg. They also did Mutant, which became Mutant Space and after that, the title that most of you probably heard of. Mutant Chronicles. I am not really sure how they became Paradox, but they have published TTRPGs before. I am sure there are people that are knowledgable then me about this.

/H

damned
November 1st, 2015, 01:41
FYI, Paradox started as Äventyrsspel. And as Äventyrsspel they made Drakar & Demoner, which is a BRP rpg.

Ahhh - thats cool!
I wonder if they would support an office WoD ruleset....

viresanimi
November 1st, 2015, 03:29
One can hope!