PDA

View Full Version : Blood Moon Campaign

Raz651
October 29th, 2015, 17:23
EDIT: S0RRY GAME HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

Group 1 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1673") Starts this Saturday at 8pm EST
Group 2 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1676) Starts Saturday November 21st, at 12pm EST
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

I am a fairly new DM (especially to Fantasy Grounds),looking to run a Homebrew campaign for D&D 5e. I am looking for 4 to 5 players. I want to run this on a Friday or Saturday Afternoon or Evening. Eastern Standard time. (what works best for players) I am looking to have fun as I hope the players are also.

FG License: GM has Full so players need at least Lite, etc.
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: i.e. Eastern Time USA
Day of week and time: i.e. Saturday or Sunday Afternoon/Evening
If new game, planned start date: 11-7or8-2015
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long term

Text or Voice: i.e. Voice
Voice software used: Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 5 (New Players welcome)
Character starting level & equipment: 1st level
Character restrictions: i.e. Any Race and Class that is in the Fantasy Grounds offical D&D rules at the time of this posting. (I have D&D Complete Core Class Pack, D&D Elemental Evil Player's Companion.) (Characters will use the Point Buy Method when created.

Details of your scenario: I am looking to run a long term Campaign in this Homebrewed World. I call it Blood Moon because of the 2nd red moon that orbits Plenaria. The main continent is called Gratia.
The maps you will recognize as the Forgotten Realms Sword Coast Maps. (I have them without Labels) This is a alternate world where the landmasses are the same, but the world is completely different.
The main race of this world are Dragonborn. Humans find themselves in the Minority due to the Dragon wars.
I am still working on putting to paper more of the lore of this world. But as it was pointed out to me. I will learn more by doing than reading.

edit: I tried to add a picture, but it didn't work. Here is a link to it. https://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag173/dmgee_photobucket/bloodmoon2_zpsrog5hdsd.png

Ok it was suggested that I use the sites calendar feature. As I am still new to all this, I think I filled it out correctly. (if not those experienced in such matters please advise).
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1673

Group 1
8pm EST Saturdays

Player
Level
Class

Pandamonius
Wizard

[/tr]

HipsterBird Have not heard back from this person.
Druid

[/tr]

Bubba Nosferatu
Paladin

[/tr]

Ruso
Sorcerer

[/tr]

JohnTheBarbarian
Ranger

Group 2
1pm EST Saturdays

Player
Level
Class

Ferrin
Paladin

Zook
Human Rogue

thejeff
Necro Wizard

PhorgottenSon
October 29th, 2015, 18:50
This sounds very interesting. Depending on the start time that works best for others, I would be delighted to join in this story.

Ruso
October 29th, 2015, 20:58
Please count me in. I'm set for this campaign. Thank you.

Raz651
October 29th, 2015, 23:15
You may apply on the calendar feature. The Saturday 8pm est is just the suggested time. The calendar beckoned for a date. It is still up in the air to when we can all get together for a time agreed upon.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1673

PhorgottenSon
October 29th, 2015, 23:44
That is close to a perfect time for me, but still good enough that I can make it then. Applied.

HipsterBird
October 30th, 2015, 00:24
I just applied. Can't wait to play.

Bubba_Nosferatu
October 30th, 2015, 02:30
I just applied too. sounds fun

Raz651
October 30th, 2015, 02:46
Ok I have 5 applicants now. We will get together this saturday at 8pm to finalize characters.

Raz651
October 30th, 2015, 15:46
Unless there are objections. Everyone gets the Class they listed first.

Group 1

Player
Level
Class

Phorgottenson
Rogue

[/tr]

HipsterBird
Druid

[/tr]

Bubba Nosferatu
Paladin

[/tr]

Ruso
Sorcerer

[/tr]

JohnTheBarbarian
Ranger

Ruso
October 30th, 2015, 16:23
ok i have 5 applicants now. We will get together this saturday at 8pm to finalize characters.

We are getting together tomorrow just to create the characters, right? Not to actually play.

Raz651
October 30th, 2015, 16:44
We are getting together tomorrow just to create the characters, right? Not to actually play.

Yes, that and to make sure everyone is able to get into Fantasy Grounds teamspeak, that way we will be able to start playing and not have to fumble through all that. Plus getting your back grounds ahead of time will help me cater to your characters.

The more you can have down with your characters beforehand will be beneficial.

And discuss any house rules (options), if any.

Ruso
October 30th, 2015, 16:45
Not a problem! :)

dwg1996
October 31st, 2015, 15:20
Hello Crusader,

It may be too late, but I am interested in trying out your game/world. It looks like you will be playing this afternoon at 1pm EST (Saturday 10/31/2015). If you still have openings, I have a couple characters already made up (1st level). Nothing earthshattering. I have a cleric, a rogue, and I think a fighter. Just learning everything myself. Even if you don't need/want another player, I wouldn't mind the opportunity to observe a game in action as I am having a hell of a time finding one to join and I would really like to see how the whole FG and DnD 5E thing works!

Let me know either way and thanks in advance.

Kevin

Raz651
October 31st, 2015, 15:54
Hello Crusader,

It may be too late, but I am interested in trying out your game/world. It looks like you will be playing this afternoon at 1pm EST (Saturday 10/31/2015). If you still have openings, I have a couple characters already made up (1st level). Nothing earthshattering. I have a cleric, a rogue, and I think a fighter. Just learning everything myself. Even if you don't need/want another player, I wouldn't mind the opportunity to observe a game in action as I am having a hell of a time finding one to join and I would really like to see how the whole FG and DnD 5E thing works!

Let me know either way and thanks in advance.

Kevin

Go to the calendar and apply. I will keep you as an alternative if someone doesn't play. If I get enough interest in my world. I may consider running a second group after I get 1 or 2 games under my belt.

Here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1673)

Edit: The game starts Nov 7th at 8pm EST. I forgot we set the clocks back tomorrow. The get together for tonight is to make sure everyone can log into the game, Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak and to finalize characters.

Raz651
October 31st, 2015, 18:36
Ok to prepare for the Game and tonights pow wow session. Here is the thread that explains how to connect to the Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak Server.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server

Once in Teamspeak I will give out the server name alias and password to join my Fantasy Grounds. All players must have the Full Version to play as I only have the Full Version at this time.

It will be fun. There will be handouts, basic History Lesson (the worlds and yor characters), Finalizing Characters. Rolling for Trinkets.

See you all at 8pm EST tonight.

DM Raz

Zook
October 31st, 2015, 19:01
May I ask do you still have open slots?

Raz651
October 31st, 2015, 19:43
May I ask do you still have open slots?
apply on the calendar link above. I think I will probably run a second group if 1 or 2 more apply after you. If not you will be considered an alternate. Once I have 10 people signed up, that will be all, unless someone drops out.

Raz651
November 1st, 2015, 00:44
Once you are in teamspeak go to the Bloodmoon Channel Under the 5E folder. There is no password at this time to enter channel.

If you have any problems PM me and I will try to assist.

Raz651
November 1st, 2015, 01:32
I don't know what I did but I lost the FG teamspeak

PhorgottenSon
November 1st, 2015, 01:36
The whole FG teamspeak server was down for a few minutes. It is back up now.

Raz651
November 2nd, 2015, 06:54
Ok it looks like I have enough people for another group. Here is the list for Group 2

Group 2

Player
Level
Class

Ferrin

dwg1996
Any needed

smileyninja

Zook
Human Rogue

thejeff
TBD

I am going to have to create a 2nd Calendar Entry for the above players called "Blood Moon II, with a new time to play as I can not run both groups at the same time. The above players should apply to the new calendar event. This game will probably start a week or two after the first group.

I will put up a suggested time but it is flexible and hopefully we can get everyone to agree upon a time and day.

There is still room for one more in this group then It will be full and new players will only be accepted if for some reason one or more of these players can not play.

Raz651
November 2nd, 2015, 13:59
Zook's timezone is 6 hours ahead of my timezone. 8pm would be 2am next day. He would like the time Changed to be much earlier or Much later.

I need everyone in the second group to chime in so we can determine what time it can be scheduled.

Thank you.
DM Raz

Zook
November 2nd, 2015, 14:15
Like 2 or 3 hours earlier would be great for me.

the_jeff
November 2nd, 2015, 15:28
I just signed up, but I can bow out if it's too early. If it's on Friday, I don't even get home til about 6 p.m. Central. 8 is actually about perfect for me, but I have a bit of flexibility as long as it's after 6.

Zook
November 2nd, 2015, 15:38
Hello Jeff I think its is on Saturday.

the_jeff
November 2nd, 2015, 15:41
Oh. I read it as group I is on Saturday, and we would be group II, on Friday.

Raz651
November 2nd, 2015, 15:51
Oh. I read it as group I is on Saturday, and we would be group II, on Friday.

I read you post in another thread and it says you don't have a license yet. Unfortunately I only have the standard license and can only dm for others that have the standard license. I hope to update to ultimate, but lack the funds at this time.

This means you will have to get the standard license Fantasy Grounds or look for a game whose DM has the Ultimate License.

the_jeff
November 2nd, 2015, 15:52
I'm perfectly willing to spring for the standard license and the two packs I need to make my character. I just wanted to have a game lined up first to make sure it was necessary. :)

But like I said, if it won't work time-wise, I'll bow out. I signed up before I saw the post about Zook needing an earlier game, and he was here first.

Raz651
November 2nd, 2015, 15:55
I'm perfectly willing to spring for the standard license and the two packs I need to make my character. I just wanted to have a game lined up first to make sure it was necessary. :)

But like I said, if it won't work time-wise, I'll bow out. I signed up before I saw the post about Zook needing an earlier game, and he was here first.

OK you are in.

It looks like Fridays at 6pm might be the starting time if everyone in Group two Agrees.

Zook
November 2nd, 2015, 16:01
I got the standard licence as well as the 5th edition players handbook if we could play like once a week on Saturday or Sunday would be nice.

Raz651
November 2nd, 2015, 16:21
I got the standard licence as well as the 5th edition players handbook if we could play like once a week on Saturday or Sunday would be nice.

The first group is playing at 8pm on Saturdays and unfortunately I can not do a Sunday Game in the time slots you need. It will be a weekly game once we start. :)

Zook
November 2nd, 2015, 17:07
Ah Sorry Jeff i got a bit messed up because the Game Calendar showed it on Saturday for me. Totally my failure.

And yes the new time is fine I just need to restock my Red Bull supplies =).

the_jeff
November 2nd, 2015, 17:22
No worries. It's currently showing 5 p.m. my time, which isn't possible for me. If we could push it back one hour to 6 Central, that would be perfect.

Raz651
November 2nd, 2015, 17:54
Ok I can't go forward because of Zook and can't go backwards more because of Jeff. It will be tough but the only other time I can do it is 1pm-4pm on Saturdays. And then do the 1 group at 8pm - 12am Saturdays.

Changing the day and hopefully that will work for everyone. :)

Raz

Nylanfs
November 2nd, 2015, 19:10
Note: If you change your time zone in your profile the Game Calendar should adjust automatically.

the_jeff
November 3rd, 2015, 15:07
So will there be a discussion group in the program? Or are we going to discuss the campaign here?

Raz651
November 3rd, 2015, 17:09
So will there be a discussion group in the program? Or are we going to discuss the campaign here?
We can do both. If you have questions feel free to ask.

I however will have the program up later today. Possibly at 5pm est for a couple of hours. Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak will be used if you want to chat.

Group 1 will be starting this Saturday Nov 7th at 8pm est.
Group 2 will start on Saturday Nov 21st at 1pm est.

Ferrin
November 3rd, 2015, 17:27
will you be making a calendar entry for group 2?

Pandamonius
November 3rd, 2015, 17:30
Sounds good. Looks like Jeff took my idea of a wizard with a focus on necromancy, so I'm fine with rolling whatever :P

Pandamonius
November 3rd, 2015, 17:30
Ferrin:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1676

Ferrin
November 3rd, 2015, 19:12
Thanks, I have signed up. I am thinking Fighter or a Paladin. Something Tanky, with a good fortitude save. Roleplay him as a knight of some sort. Maybe the third son of a noble family, either given to the church and made a paladin or the third son free of responsibility taking to a life of adventure and fortune.

the_jeff
November 3rd, 2015, 19:17
My main question is if we're going to start with a session 0, or if we should be ready to go by the begin date.

Also, how do you feel about making minor tweaks to classes to fit a concept? If anything it'll make him weaker on the combat side in favor of flavor. Basically, I'd like to replace the free beefed up animate dead at level 6 with a free beefed up (even if just able to cast as a 10-minute ritual) Speak With Dead spell, which for some reason isn't on the list. But I don't want to open a floodgate of revision and house rules if you're not into that.

Zook
November 3rd, 2015, 19:46
I would prefer to have a session 0 upfront where we can make characters and talk a bit and develop background story's how we all met if this is possible? Also do you prefer the buyout system or do we roll for stats?

Raz651
November 3rd, 2015, 19:47
My main question is if we're going to start with a session 0, or if we should be ready to go by the begin date.

Also, how do you feel about making minor tweaks to classes to fit a concept? If anything it'll make him weaker on the combat side in favor of flavor. Basically, I'd like to replace the free beefed up animate dead at level 6 with a free beefed up (even if just able to cast as a 10-minute ritual) Speak With Dead spell, which for some reason isn't on the list. But I don't want to open a floodgate of revision and house rules if you're not into that.

Probably a session zero to finalize characters a week ahead of time, for group 2.
I tired to do that with group 1, but forgot it was a holiday time. So will try to get everyone in group one together earlier on the 7th to finalize characters or just finish characters and then start game.

The speak with dead spell is a cleric spell. What is your proposed beefed up spell? if given a good background for why you would have this spell. I might allow it.

Also. I have not mentioned it. I don't want any evil characters. This is my first go at DMing in a long time. I want party members who will work as a team with each other.

Raz651
November 3rd, 2015, 19:54
I would prefer to have a session 0 upfront where we can make characters and talk a bit and develop background story's how we all met if this is possible? Also do you prefer the buyout system or do we roll for stats?

Point Buy or the Array of stats.

the_jeff
November 3rd, 2015, 20:08
Also bard. I don't know why they didn't put it on the wizard list too.

The reason I want it is actually because I don't want to be an evil, zombie-raising necromancer. I'm thinking of a character who was sort of a caretaker for the bodies in the catacombs or whatever, and now travels helping put the dead to rest, and helping survivors, etc.

As far as beefed up, something as simple as being able to cast it as a ritual (making it from the spellbook instead of prepared) or maybe a couple of extra questions or something would be just fine.

Zook
November 3rd, 2015, 20:32
Awesome if I take a human (variant) can i choose one feat from the book some are pretty strong?

the_jeff
November 3rd, 2015, 21:08
They come out of the gate fast with feats, but it evens out at 4th level. At 4th level you'll have +1 to two stats and a feat, while a non-human would have higher racial stat boosts plus a feat.

But some of them are pretty boss early on.

Zook
November 3rd, 2015, 21:18
On paper the Lucky feat look's nice 3 tries to get out of jail free.

Raz651
November 3rd, 2015, 22:06
Ok I am in Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak
Find out how to connect to Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak here The subchannel is under 5e called Bloodmoon.
(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server)
Once you are in there I will give the server name so you can connect and create your characters.

EDIT: Ok shut down for tonight. I will be availble most of the day tomorrow for character creation in FG + TS.

PM me with time you want to create your character whether you are on Group 1 or Group 2.

Raz651
November 4th, 2015, 17:41
For any involved in my campaign. I am in Teamspeak and have FG up and running.
You may work on your characters and ask questions.

I will just be working on the City map today.

Raz.

Pandamonius
November 4th, 2015, 19:38
Hate doing it, but I'm going to have to pull out. Had some family plans come up for that time slot, and doesn't look like I'd be able to make it anytime that would be practicable for Zook :(

Sorry guys!

Raz651
November 4th, 2015, 19:58
Hate doing it, but I'm going to have to pull out. Had some family plans come up for that time slot, and doesn't look like I'd be able to make it anytime that would be practicable for Zook :(

Sorry guys!

I just had someone drop out of the Group 1 time slot on saturday at 8pm Eastern that starts this saturday if are interested. :)

Pandamonius
November 4th, 2015, 20:28
I just had someone drop out of the Group 1 time slot on saturday at 8pm Eastern that starts this saturday if are interested. :)

That would be a much easier time for me. Let me just ensure there won't be any wife aggro. :)

Pandamonius
November 4th, 2015, 20:43
Looks good. I've applied to it :)

How late are you going to have TS up? Need to pick up my daughter from school in a bit, so am wondering if I should do that first, or arrange to pick her up a bit later.

the_jeff
November 4th, 2015, 21:44
Crap. Didn't get the email and missed out. Ah, well.

Edit. Never mind. Reread the post.

Raz651
November 4th, 2015, 21:55
Crap. Didn't get the email and missed out. Ah, well.

Edit. Never mind. Reread the post.

Miss out on what? I still am in teamspeak and FG. probably until 7pm - 8pm est. If I don't answer back right away. It means I am afk for a few minutes. (I have alot of map work to do.)

the_jeff
November 4th, 2015, 21:57
Yeah, I was dumb and thought that was an open invitation to join the later slot that I'd missed. Afternoon still works, but slightly less than ideal (for you too, I know). I just got confused.

the_jeff
November 5th, 2015, 00:15
I can sneak in for a few minutes. What's the server name? I got the subchannel but can't find the server.

Pandamonius
November 5th, 2015, 01:55
I ended up popping in for a few minutes, but didn't have time to stay tonight. Will you be in TS tomorrow? I haven't played in about 20 years, so just want to be sure I'm rolling the character up the right way.

Raz651
November 5th, 2015, 03:46
I ended up popping in for a few minutes, but didn't have time to stay tonight. Will you be in TS tomorrow? I haven't played in about 20 years, so just want to be sure I'm rolling the character up the right way.
I possibly be between 1pm and 7pm EST again tomorrow. Is that time frame good for you?

Pandamonius
November 5th, 2015, 13:29
That's perfect. I'll pop in somewhere during that time frame.

justinargyle
November 6th, 2015, 22:59
I'd like to join the second group if there is still a spot. I am new to fantasy grounds but have been toying around with it a lot. I am willing to play whatever character class is needed. I applied to the calendar.

Pandamonius
November 7th, 2015, 15:09
So.... Game Cancelled?