PDA

View Full Version : Traveller 5 Game starting in December

Rogue
October 29th, 2015, 15:08
So, me and a few friends were discussing how there were very few morning games, and also very few sci fi games being played that we knew of. So, for your enjoyment, and for mine, I created a Morning game of Traveller 5. Here are the details:

FG License: Ultimate
Game System: Traveller 5

Time Zone: Eastern, USA.
Day of week and time: Thursdays at 8 AM EST
If new game, planned start date: December 3rd
Planned Frequency: Weekly
Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: TeamSpeak (FG Server)

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
Number of Players in game & needed: 4 to 8 preferred. Have two pending right now.
Character starting level & equipment: 1.
Character restrictions: Human looking races only

Details of your scenario: The Imperium has thousands of worlds, some with very little trade or contact with others. You will be searching out these worlds, whether for fun or for profit.
I expect there to be people who have rarely or never played Traveller before to be applying for this game. Therefore communication during character creation and before the game is essential. I am on FG's TeamSpeak almost every morning, hanging out in my room. Please feel free to contact me there any time that I might be hanging out there. Character creation may seem daunting at first, but once you get the hang of it, it is not too bad. I have requested human like races simply to make this easier.

Rulebook can be found either at RPG.Now or at DriveThru RPG. It does have a cost attached to it.

Link to Game Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1672

Andraax
October 29th, 2015, 17:59
How long do you expect each session to run?

Rogue
October 29th, 2015, 18:16
About three to four hours, with four hours being the Max.

jshauber
October 31st, 2015, 05:15
I would love to play, unfortunately, the reason there are very few morning games, especially during the week, is work gets in the way of enjoying a good game.

Good luck putting together the group. If for some reason you decide to switch to the evening hours, then save me a spot!!!

Andraax
October 31st, 2015, 16:41
Yeah, I agree - Thursday evening would be perfect. I'm seeing if I can arrange my work schedule to allow me to play in the morning.

Honken
November 1st, 2015, 11:51
Why do all the interesting games happen in the EST timezone? I am not a hater, but I am tired of the 5e thing. I would defenitely wanna play in this though I am sure it is hard enough to get everybody's schedule to match. Good luck though.

/H

Wazoodust
November 10th, 2015, 08:50
I'd get interested if it were an evening game too, if you change your mind throw something at me and I'll see if I can make it work, played Traveller a long time ago and enjoyed it a lot. But many brain cells have met their demise since then, so it'd be all new again I'm sure

Mixylplyx
November 10th, 2015, 14:20
EST? check. Traveller? Check-oh-hell-yes-check! Thursday mornings? ...

Make this or another an 8pm game and I'm there. Been looking for Traveller gaming since the 80's.

Espatier
November 17th, 2015, 09:11
See you in the mornings then....

Rogue
November 20th, 2015, 16:03
All right, if I did change this to an evening game, it would have to be Saturday or Sundays. Would there be any takers if there is a game on Saturday nights?? Say at around 7 EST?

Wazoodust
November 20th, 2015, 17:42
Sunday would be best for me, but I'd still be iffy on it due to life happening all around me. Just my 2c

Mixylplyx
November 20th, 2015, 20:36
Saturdays at 7PM EST is perfect for me!

Taonna
November 22nd, 2015, 02:20
I'd be intrested on a Saturday/sunday evening game. Though I will admit I have never played the system. I was just hoping on TS but I appear to have just missed you to discuss this game

Andraax
November 27th, 2015, 18:39
Rogue; sent you a couple PMs. Did you get them?

damned
January 3rd, 2016, 11:44
Traveller on bundle of holding
https://bundleofholding.com/presents/LBB-1
and
https://bundleofholding.com/presents/LBB-2