PDA

View Full Version : FG Keeps Crashing, Prompting me to Install Wineskin

jajen2003
October 29th, 2015, 05:43
So it's a weird issue that just started today after weeks of normal operation.

Fantasy Grounds crashed. I went to reopen, and instead of the standard series of screens, a new dialogue window I've never seen before, pops up, prompting me to install Wineskin.

Currently running OSX 10.9.5, FG Ultimate 3.1.2 (I think it's the latest one). I've made sure that Steam is up to date and that FG is up to date.

I'm currently making backups of all my modules, characters and other assets in case I need to reinstall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

damned
October 29th, 2015, 07:59
If you have been able to make backups of everything then I would reinstall the Wineskin using the instructions from here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17399-Guide-How-to-install-FGII-on-OS-X-using-WineSkin-(Recommended)

jajen2003
October 29th, 2015, 14:09
If you have been able to make backups of everything then I would reinstall the Wineskin using the instructions from here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17399-Guide-How-to-install-FGII-on-OS-X-using-WineSkin-(Recommended)

Does it matter that I'm running through Steam? Can I reinstall from Steam itself? That thread scares me.

ddavison
October 29th, 2015, 15:08
Save a copy of your full FantasyGrounds.app file to a new location or rename it something else. This should allow you to reinstall from Steam. It will download and install a brand new copy of FantasyGrounds.app and then you can Show Contents for each to copy over your saved campaign data and other data from one .app file to the other.

jajen2003
October 29th, 2015, 15:48
Save a copy of your full FantasyGrounds.app file to a new location or rename it something else. This should allow you to reinstall from Steam. It will download and install a brand new copy of FantasyGrounds.app and then you can Show Contents for each to copy over your saved campaign data and other data from one .app file to the other.

Excellent. Many thanks.