PDA

View Full Version : Characters Not Saving on Windows 10

Maadiah
October 29th, 2015, 04:04
Hello,

I purchased and installed FG Ultimate and the Complete Core Class Pack last week.

My local characters are not saving properly.

The first one I made is fine and appears in the Import Local Character screen.

The second one I created today. Only half the data I entered is being saved. Additional data I add is not being saved (like Skills, Abilities etc)

When I exit the program, I make sure to Right Click, select Exit Program, and then select Exit Program a 2nd time.

I am running Windows 10.

My version is 3.1.2 Ultimate.

I am not using Dropbox

I am selecting Ruleset 5E and the Extension is 5E Theme - Wizards.

Please help!

damned
October 29th, 2015, 08:10
Hey Maadiah. Sounds like you have been reading up the common causes :) The other common cause is a permissions issue. Did you change the default install paths at all?

Moon Wizard
October 29th, 2015, 09:20
I haven't had any other reports of this on Windows 10 with local characters. The closing with the exit menu was specifically for Mac users.

Damned is asking the same thing I would ask is whether you are using the default data directory path or not, and also whether your files are in the path of a cloud synch solution (such as OneDrive).

Regards,
JPG

Maadiah
October 29th, 2015, 12:35
Hi Guys,

I have not changed the install paths. I have also tried reinstalling three times.

I do not do any cloud synchs at all.

I just noticed that it seems to save normally when I run as administrator.

Any ideas?

Thanks again :)

damned
October 29th, 2015, 12:37
Hi Guys,

I have not changed the install paths. I have also tried reinstalling three times.

I do not do any cloud synchs at all.

I just noticed that it seems to save normally when I run as administrator.

Any ideas?

Thanks again :)

Yep - you dont have permissions to the data paths...

Maadiah
October 30th, 2015, 23:35
Lo all,

Thanks for the feedback. For reasons unbeknownst to me, reinstall #6 fixed it :)