PDA

View Full Version : Modding the Ruleset questions

leetsepeak
October 28th, 2015, 06:18
Hi guys, I have some quick questions

1. If I wanted to make it so that when you double clicked one of the Attributes, it'd roll a d100 percentile check against the value of that attribute x5, what would I have to change to make that possible?

2. If I wanted to remove EDU, Know rolls, Luck rolls and Idea rolls from the main page of the sheet, how do I do that?

3. If I remove the Cthulhu Mythos skill and replace it with a skill called Unnatural, what must I replace and where in order for that skill to affect Max Sanity instead of Cthulhu Mythos?

4. lastly, if I want to make it so that Fist/Punch, Headbutt et al. aren't on every sheet by default, where should I look to fix that?

Moon Wizard
October 28th, 2015, 18:51
It will require building an extension to modify the CallOfCthulu ruleset. Take a look inside some of the other community extensions. If you're comfortable with building one of these, I can point you to the right ruleset files to see what you'd need to override.

Some of the changes you are looking at making seem to mirror changes in the community CoC 7E extension.

Cheers,
JPG

leetsepeak
October 29th, 2015, 00:11
I'm pretty comfortable with the idea of building an extension.

I'm using the Call of Cthulhu ruleset as the base for a Delta Green (new edition) ruleset for personal use, and an Extension could do that nicely. CoC 7e and DG 2e are similar in some respects but very different in others.

I need to go back and do it as an extension though, I realize. I've already solved issue 2. 3. and 4, but I did it by making a copy of the ruleset and renaming it and stuff. An extension would be easier and cleaner, so I'd love to go back and do that.

I'm still not sure how to do 1. though, which is definitely a consequence of me understanding how to change things by making small changes then reloading the ruleset each time to see what changed.

One of my concerns is that I suspect the Extension format might mean looking different places for the same information. If you could provide any assistance on that, I'd be eternally grateful. Hell, if it's acceptable to do so, I would love to put the Extension up for download, as long as it doesn't break any rules with regards to Delta Green.

Trenloe
October 29th, 2015, 00:16
Have a look at the CoC 7e extension available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23483-CoC-7e-Rules-Extension-Release&p=229630#post229630

This will give you some pointers as to where most of what you're looking for will be. #1 of your list will already be done for you! :)

leetsepeak
October 29th, 2015, 00:31
Have a look at the CoC 7e extension available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23483-CoC-7e-Rules-Extension-Release&p=229630#post229630

This will give you some pointers as to where most of what you're looking for will be. #1 of your list will already be done for you! :)

True! At the risk of sounding terrible, I just wish I could change the look of that function, so that it would have you enter in the default stat and then provide it multiplied by 5 right next to that rather than having you enter the x5 value then scale down next to the box.

Thank you both for pointing these things out to me though. I suppose the function of what I desire is actually pretty easy to achieve right out of the box with the 7th Edition extension. The only problem is that the look of it, that is, getting rid of stats that aren't present in Delta Green (Such as Size or Build) without breaking things might be a little rough. I'll dig through it and see if I can do anything about that, though.

ianmward
November 6th, 2015, 06:59
Hi, is this all to support the new Delta Green? I'd be happy to help with that.

ianmward
November 8th, 2015, 04:33
I've created a new extension to support Delta Green and posted it on a new thread. It is a work in progress but has what you asked for.