PDA

View Full Version : Linked Classes Across Modules

epithet
October 27th, 2015, 01:54
Is there a way to link a class (e.g. Fighter) across multiple modules (e.g. Player's Handbook & Sword Coast Adv. Guide)?

In other words, if you create a Fighter character using the PH module and drag-and-drop levels 1 and 2, and then you drag level 3 from SCAG to get the Purple Dinosaur Knight archetype, that will screw up your character sheet and give you a second first level in Fighter. Is there a way to make that not happen?

Moon Wizard
October 27th, 2015, 03:19
I believe the code is configured to compare the data paths within the modules for each class. If the data paths match other than module name, then they are treated as same class.

Cheers,
JPG

epithet
October 27th, 2015, 06:56
That's very good news. I'll have to try it out to be sure... it would be a complex mess to clean up if it didn't work right.

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2015, 10:10
It is as Moon says. As long as you have both PHB and SCAG it doesn't matter where you drag the class from. If you drag from PHB or the SCAG it will give you the Purple Dragon option. It doesn't matter if you drag from different sources at any particular level, you'll get all the options for all of the classes.

Moon Wizard
October 27th, 2015, 12:50
Zaccaheus, that's actually an upgrade coming in v3.1.3, which allows certain class options to be compiled across modules (including class specializations). ;)

Cheers,
JPG

Zacchaeus
October 27th, 2015, 12:54
Zaccaheus, that's actually an upgrade coming in v3.1.3, which allows certain class options to be compiled across modules (including class specializations). ;)

Cheers,
JPG

Yes, I should of course, have made that clear.

epithet
October 27th, 2015, 16:22
That's a pretty great upgrade. Good job, guys!