PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 4e Powers

bullywug
October 26th, 2015, 22:53
Finished my first play session with Fantasy Grounds this past Saturday. One of the players noticed that character powers do not include feat bonuses and leveling, so we have to manually edit both the to-hit and damage rolls for each power and add the missing modifiers.

Am I missing something? This is using the 4e ruleset and the downloaded (scraped) 4e powers/everything else.

Moon Wizard
October 27th, 2015, 13:19
The code that parses the power descriptions attempts to pull out the multiple rolls necessary when a power "levels up" when it is first parsed. So, you will sometimes see a big list of actions for a power with increasing rolls. Not every case is handled, but almost all the core rulebook powers should do that.

For the feat bonuses, they are not applied automatically. You may be able to model these as effects, depending on the feat.

In my games, I would work scan through the powers and feat additions during level up, and make sure bonuses were added to the rolls.

Regards,
JPG

bullywug
November 3rd, 2015, 15:12
Thank you for that. I'm not entirely clear on where the problem is but it was easy enough to adjust all the characters powers manually.