PDA

View Full Version : Newbie LFG

Southwitch
October 25th, 2015, 05:27
Ok yes im a complete nooob (yes that is with three o's lol) to gaming in general looking to join a third group since im already in two others Irl. Thing is i don't know a lot about most systems i'm hoping to get some help in picking what to try next and if anyone is willing to work/ link me to some reference material would be a big help.
i'm available weeknights after 7pm cst and some weekends cause i have other games depending on what time of the month it is

Mask_of_winter
October 25th, 2015, 05:43
We got people playing from all over the world in different time zones with different days and times they can devote to this hobby. The first thing you want to do is let everybody know in what timezone you are and when you're available. Second thing is to reply to threads where Game Masters are recruiting.

Welcome and good luck!

dulux-oz
October 25th, 2015, 05:57
Apart from what Mask said, another thing you can do to help yourself is learn how to use FG. If you haven't done so already, I recommend checking out the various Tutorial Videos on the FG Wiki - damned's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below). Start with the ones on the CoreRPG because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of how we play practically all RPGs with FG - by learning how to use FG wit the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you need to know to play any RPG with FG.

And Welcome!

Cheers

Andraax
October 25th, 2015, 17:47
I have a Tuesday night game (8-11pm US/Central) that needs another player or two. Castles and Crusades, very similar to old school D&D. PM me if you're interested.

damned
October 25th, 2015, 23:20
Castles&Crusades is a great system.
Id also look at some of the many Savage Worlds games that get posted - great system, great settings, good fun!