PDA

View Full Version : Play Vin Diesel's Witch Hunter from Critical Roll!

ddavison
October 25th, 2015, 00:22
If you haven't seen it yet, Critical Roll (found on Geek & Sundry) had a streamed event with Vin Diesel playing a Witch Hunter character that Matt Mercer created just for him. The PDF of this was made available for people to use and I went ahead and converted it into Fantasy Grounds. Matt has now granted permission for me to share this with the public, so here it goes.

Short video showing it off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsQLzL3mjlc

Download the attachement and place it in your Fantasy Grounds module folder. It should then show up inside your Fantasy Grounds 5E campaigns for activation under the Library > Modules window.

Enjoy!

Moderator: I have added the Blood Hunter mod as done by spite (see post #60) here too. (This one is now at v 1.7 - see post #69)

P.S. The PDF used as the source for this is freely available from Geek & Sundry here:
https://geekandsundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Witch-Hunter-Class-FINAL-4.2.pdf

(https://geekandsundry.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Witch-Hunter-Class-FINAL-4.2.pdf)

Thane
October 25th, 2015, 01:22
Watched that episode and I am glad you were able to get permission. This is cool!

epithet
October 25th, 2015, 01:37
Very cool.

Xorn
October 26th, 2015, 03:14
So I went to see the movie. It wasn't an amazing movie, but it wasn't the worst film I've ever watched, either. Let's call it a fun two hours--not the point, anyway.

So there were about 7 people in the theater, at prime time. As we were all filing out of the exit I said, how many of us saw this because we love D&D?

All 7. And all seven said they saw the Critical Roll video and that got them even more excited to see it. :)

David32780
October 26th, 2015, 18:09
Very nice Doug!

epithet
October 26th, 2015, 23:27
It was a very fun two hours. I kept waiting to hear "You know nothing, witch hunter!"

Nylanfs
October 27th, 2015, 02:20
Theres an almost a 5 hour extended video...

epithet
October 27th, 2015, 06:58
5 hour extended video of what, the Critical Role session? Where would I go to find that?

Nylanfs
October 27th, 2015, 13:26
Hmm now I can't find it. I came across it and thought I marked it to watch later when I had 5 hours free but it's not anywhere I can find.

David32780
October 27th, 2015, 18:48
Thanks so much Doug for putting this together!

Raz651
October 27th, 2015, 22:12
Thanks to you Doug, along with Matt Mercer for creating this class. And anyone else who allowed permission to allow it to be used on Fantasy Grounds. :)

ddavison
October 28th, 2015, 15:42
I just posted an update to fix several typos that were reported. Thanks Zacchaeus.

The attachment should be posted in the first post with the updated version.

Fixes:
The level table is headed 'The Warlock'
In Equipment remove '(a) a scholar's pack or (b) a dungeoneer's pack' THe character only gets the explorer's pack
In Blood Rite 3rd para the damage is shown as letter 'l' d4 instead of 1d4
The level 20 feature 'Sanguine Mastery' has been missed (The text is included in 'Enduring Form')
The Hallowed Rune feature has been missed from the Order of the Ghostslayer (The text is included in 'Stubborn Vitality')
In Enduring Form after 17th level. should be a comma and 2nd line after naturally. another comma.
Mutagen craft unwanted space in 'a re' fatal and again a couple of lines later 'a re' useable
Mutagens: 1st line unwanted space in prerequis ites
Mutagens Cruelty unwanted space in 'e ffect'
Mutagens: Nighteye unwanted space in al ready
Mutagens: Potency should be bolded
Mutagens: Rapidity Unwanted space in Cons titution
Mutagens: Reconstruction unwanted space 1 0ft.
Mutagens: Zealous double stop after level..

ddavison
October 28th, 2015, 15:46
I uploaded the raw input files for PAR5E as well for those looking to create their own classes.

ddavison
October 28th, 2015, 16:09
Actually, I had to remove the .mod file just now since the latest version of our Internal Parser broke it. I will work with Zeus to fix and repost it shortly.

*Edit. I just needed to redefine the config file for the parser. All should be well soon.

twseifert
November 6th, 2015, 14:42
Any luck finding the link again? I found a video of a portion of the session (though it was marked extended) but it was only 30 minutes. Basically it was 2 very small combat encounters.

LordEntrails
November 6th, 2015, 17:11
Thanks Doug!

Couvs
December 10th, 2015, 05:28
Tinkered around with this and it was a great mod for FG! Any plans to update it to incorporate Mercer's changes to the Blood Hunter? :)

twseifert
December 12th, 2015, 16:08
Any one working on the update class Mat Mercer published? The Blood Hunter?

spite
December 12th, 2015, 22:16
Yea I've just completed that myself. Seems to be all sorted and typo free now.
I have written up a module that contains the Witch Hunter written for Par5e by Doug, and the new updated version as well, and another class for use playing the Doodles and Dragons Monster Hunter conversion to DnD 5e. I have permission to distribute all but the blood hunter, though no art I have used can be given out freely, so any version I can hand out will be art-free.

Couvs
December 12th, 2015, 22:43
You'll probably have to tweet directly to Mercer for permission to share the blood hunter. he allowed the witch hunter, and the PDF is made available for free use so I imagine he'll allow it again :)

spite
December 12th, 2015, 22:44
You'll probably have to tweet directly to Mercer for permission to share the blood hunter. he allowed the witch hunter, and the PDF is made available for free use so I imagine he'll allow it again :)

Yea I may just do that.

Time to sign up to twitter I guess *shudder*

ddavison
December 12th, 2015, 22:58
Yes, he responded to me via tweet with permission for the Witch Hunter before.

spite
December 12th, 2015, 23:47
And he's just responded to me for permission for the blood hunter also. I'll sort out a module sans-art and post a link here shortly. Might as well keep it in thread since its tangentially related heh.

spite
December 13th, 2015, 00:19
Double post but can't see adding attachments on an edit.
If you are interested in the Monster Hunter stuff, PM me for an all inclusive Homebrew PHB and the monster list and I'll send it to you.
Otherwise this attachment only has the Witch Hunter and the Blood Hunter, and the par5e files if you want to incorporate it into your own modules.

Edit: typo fixes, crimson rite fixes added 13/12/2015

ddavison
December 13th, 2015, 00:27
Good deal.

Couvs
December 13th, 2015, 00:28
excellent, thanks for the update!

Couvs
December 13th, 2015, 00:39
Spite, I've done some initial tinkering and Crimson Rite doesn't appear to be showing up in the list of Features and doesn't get added to the Features on the Abilities tab at level 1 when the class is dragged onto the sheet.
Also, where's this "exotic weapon proficiency of your choice" coming from?

spite
December 13th, 2015, 00:47
Good catch on the exotic weapon prof, that's unrelated and I will remove now. As for crimson rite, let me check why that's not showing. I trolled through just before on my end and it seemed to be there.

Couvs
December 13th, 2015, 00:55
ran into one more thing too. when I drag the class over for level 3, the ORder feature gets added but nothing pops up to choose which order to use. I tinkereed with the Witch Hunter from your new .mod file and had the same issue. when I closed out this new module and opened the original Witch hunter module that ddavidson posted, it does pop up.

spite
December 13th, 2015, 01:03
That is very strange, actually, seeing as my witch hunter is purely his class file as it stands. Let me do some more digging. I have fixed the crimson rite issue though, so that's good.

Apolala
December 13th, 2015, 01:05
Double post but can't see adding attachments on an edit.
If you are interested in the Monster Hunter stuff, PM me for an all inclusive Homebrew PHB and the monster list and I'll send it to you.
Otherwise this attachment only has the Witch Hunter and the Blood Hunter, and the par5e files if you want to incorporate it into your own modules.

Nice! Great job. And thank you for saving me some time (where just to start the formatting). Read trough your class.txt and Mercer have released a 1.2 version correcting typos since the first release.
The main thing being @Blood Hunter Order: (line 96) "an order of witch hunting focus" should be "an order of blood hunting focus".
But saw a few others if it helps:
@Crimson Rite (line 63) "cost ofyour own" missing space to divide ofyour.
@Fighting Style (line 85) "fighting Style" missing capital "F"
@Blood Maledict (line 102) "ofyour vital essence" and "ofyour choice" missing a space. and "detailed" missing a capital D.
@Blood Maledict (line 103) "and a new curses" shouldn't be plural I believe. (English is not my first language so I could be wrong).
@Blood Curse of the Marked (line 118) "beginnig ofyour next turn" missing a space.
@Supernal Flurry (line 142) flurry missing capital "F".
@Supernal Flurry (line 144) "you regain you use of" should be "you regain your use of"

Ty for your work and for sharing it.

Couvs
December 13th, 2015, 01:13
Spite, if you have an ult license and would like some assistance with character creation/level up testing I'm completely bored and have nothing better to do right now :D

spite
December 13th, 2015, 01:16
Spite, if you have an ult license and would like some assistance with character creation/level up testing I'm completely bored and have nothing better to do right now :D

Heh, I'll just be on TS as usual, grumbling about why it wont pop up at 3rd level :)

Thank you Apolala, those typos are all fixed. Keen eye you've got!

spite
December 13th, 2015, 01:42
ran into one more thing too. when I drag the class over for level 3, the ORder feature gets added but nothing pops up to choose which order to use. I tinkereed with the Witch Hunter from your new .mod file and had the same issue. when I closed out this new module and opened the original Witch hunter module that ddavidson posted, it does pop up.

Ok I figured it out! Public Par5e does not allow for that functionality. I remember I had asked about this earlier in the Par5e thread and was confirmed that the public version support was ceased before that functionality was developed. In order to use my module you will need to forgo that bit of awesomeness, and just drag the order from the class page onto your sheet.
Sorry!

Here is the up to date module.

Couvs
December 13th, 2015, 01:50
Ah ok. is that a functionality that has to be compiled or something with a licensed version of Par5e then? Just curious :)

Apolala
December 13th, 2015, 01:50
Do a little search for "lth, l0th, llth" etc. as "L" has replaced "1" many places.
Not sure if I got a keen eye, when proofreading what I have written myself, I'm blind as a bat ;)

Tested the witch hunter "class.txt" from Doug, and is doesn't pop up with 3rd level choice of order like the .mod file does.
So I tested my homebrew/Unearthed Arcana classes, and they don't pop up with a choice for archtype/order either. So assuming it's only the internal Par5er that can add that functionality. (of course I am no pro, so my conclusion could ofc. be wrong)

Edit: haha you figured it out before me

spite
December 13th, 2015, 01:57
Do a little search for "lth, l0th, llth" etc. as "L" has replaced "1" many places.
Not sure if I got a keen eye, when proofreading what I have written myself, I'm blind as a bat ;)

Tested the witch hunter "class.txt" from Doug, and is doesn't pop up with 3rd level choice of order like the .mod file does.
So I tested my homebrew/Unearthed Arcana classes, and they don't pop up with a choice for archtype/order either. So assuming it's only the internal Par5er that can add that functionality. (of course I am no pro, so my conclusion could ofc. be wrong)

Edit: haha you figured it out before me

Ugh this is the issue with using OCR tools >.< Never again!

ddavison
December 13th, 2015, 02:20
I kept the name the same just in case people already built characters off of it. In hindsight, I should have probably called it Critical Role Classes or something like that.

spite
December 13th, 2015, 02:28
I kept the name the same just in case people already built characters off of it. In hindsight, I should have probably called it Critical Role Classes or something like that.

Was there meant to be an attachment?

ddavison
December 13th, 2015, 02:33
Sorry, I had attachment quotas set and had to find where the vBulletin setting was to disable it.

spite
December 13th, 2015, 02:38
Yea that works perfectly for what Couvs was after. Thanks for that :)

Apolala
December 13th, 2015, 03:01

Ty Doug! And a nice touch with linking the warlock spells.
The Profane Soul Spellcasting table seems to be missing. And the Blood Curse formatting within Blood Maledict seems to be off, as it starts each curse as a new list, then the amplify is a new paragraph.

Thank you for releasing it with the enhanced features :)

Couvs
December 19th, 2015, 02:29
yes thanks again ddavidson. one question though, is it a difference in versions of Par5e that was making that aspect of it not work? Limited though my xml experience is I'm curious to know.

spite
December 19th, 2015, 02:47
Yea, the public version of par5e is different and no longer updated with the added functionality of the developer's version. Still can do most things, but the newer bells and whistles are beyond our reach. Unless of course you re-code it yourself :)

ddavison
December 19th, 2015, 18:49
Spite is right. The prompt at 3rd level is only in the internal version and is ignored in the latest public version.

Couvs
December 21st, 2015, 04:32
dang that's too bad :\

spite
December 21st, 2015, 05:03
It's worth noting though, that extra addons to the PHB stuff (like new domains for clerics, pacts for warlocks, archetypes for fighters) that you make yourself using parse, will pop up in the selection list for when you make a character using the PHB. So long as the module is loaded and open, when it prompts you for a choice it will scan all modules for them. At least, as far as I can tell, its worked for me.

Couvs
December 29th, 2015, 01:30
hey guys. I just found an error in the mod as well as a small bug in the last class feature text. Under Order of the Mutant, the Exalted Mutation feature is currently showing up as a level 8 feature. It should be under Level 18. Only the ability score shows up at level 8.

As for the bug, the rules for multiclassing into Blood Hunter have somehow shown up inside the Sanguine Mastery section (level 20 class feature). There appears to be some notation that didn't get properly parsed into xml tags (see attached screenshot)

spite
December 29th, 2015, 02:47
Sorry. :(

Couvs
December 29th, 2015, 16:38
no worries just posting in case one of you has a spare moment to make the correction and so that others using it are aware :)

spite
December 29th, 2015, 21:58
I have fixed it on my text and module but unfortunately it won't help for those using the proper module created by ddavison.

kanabot
February 16th, 2016, 02:52
Has anyone updated this mod with the latest release for the Blood Hunter class? Version 1.6 is available in the DMs Guild. It seems Matt has changed a fair amount since initial release.

kp9911
February 18th, 2016, 18:46
Hey Spite as promised please pick up the file here.

Also you would need to re parse the witch hunter since you placed the 3rd level order selection in the input file as #fes; instead of #fe;

spite
February 18th, 2016, 21:32
Hey Spite as promised please pick up the file here.

Also you would need to re parse the witch hunter since you placed the 3rd level order selection in the input file as #fes; instead of #fe;

Thanks for that, fixed that particular fubar.
Working on the Blood Hunter updates now, as well as fixing previous typoes and issues from its previous iteration!

spite
February 18th, 2016, 23:44
Alright, here is the updated and most awesome module containing the up-to-date release of the Blood Hunter.
Should you wish to support the creator of this Class, please head over to the DM's Guild page (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/170777/Blood-Hunter-Class) and show Matthew Mercer your appreciation.

kp9911
February 19th, 2016, 06:05
Nice! Will give it a shot once I reach home. Should you need any more par5e assistance either PM directly or reply to the par5e section.

EDIT: Looks good! And just in time for the starter adventure of Return to Revenloft!

PTBBC.ORG
February 29th, 2016, 16:28
This is fantastic, and really appreciate all of the work. How do I get the Order of the Lycan into the MOD?

Zacchaeus
February 29th, 2016, 16:37
This is fantastic, and really appreciate all of the work. How do I get the Order of the Lycan into the MOD?

You would need to par5e (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27297-Par5e) the pdf yourself since that isn't available for general release within FG.

spite
February 29th, 2016, 19:27
What zacchaeus said. As this has been released only on dms guild and we don't have permission from him to release it I can't give you a module wiyh the order in. However I'm going to ask matthew mercer again if he doesn't mind me distributing it as a fantasy grounds module update. Fingers crossed! Also make sure you support him on dms guild if you enjoy his class!

spite
February 29th, 2016, 23:03
Double post BUT, Matthew Mercer has given his blessing to allow the Order of the Lycan to be added and given with the existing module.
https://puu.sh/nqeQe/6055040fcc.png

I'll have it updated and uploaded shortly.

There we go, module is updated and attached. Please please show your appreciation for this mod by heading to here (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/175606/Order-of-the-Lycan-for-Blood-Hunters?src=slider_view&filters=45469) and here (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/170777/Blood-Hunter-Class?src=slider_view&filters=45469) and send Matthew Mercer your support.
Enjoy the crap out of it.

Zacchaeus
March 1st, 2016, 09:29
Spite; I've attached your mod to the first post as well since it could get missed all the way down here.

spite
March 1st, 2016, 19:09
Spite; I've attached your mod to the first post as well since it could get missed all the way down here.

Thanks Zacchaeus!
Man, I keep trying to give you rep and it turns out I don't give enough out to other people. :P

PTBBC.ORG
April 9th, 2016, 16:04
Does the mod that was created for the Blood Hunter and Order of the Lycan get updated on here, or is that something that needs to be done? Just curious since Matt put out updated versions.

Zacchaeus
April 9th, 2016, 18:37
I believe that the versions in the first post are the latest versions.

spite
April 9th, 2016, 21:24
I do notice there have been two new iterations since the last update in march. I will look at updating my version to the latest sometime shortly. (the Blood Hunter + Lycan version)

PTBBC.ORG
May 2nd, 2016, 21:11
So it looks like Matt updated this again. Is the one listed on the first page the most recent?

Zacchaeus
May 2nd, 2016, 21:27
So it looks like Matt updated this again. Is the one listed on the first page the most recent?

It's the most recent FG version; not necessarily the most recent of the paper versions :)

spite
May 2nd, 2016, 21:56
I am not sure if the version I did was 1.6 or 1.7, but I am unfortunately tied up with exams for the next short while so updating it is down on my list. Matthew Mercer is happy for the distribution of an FG module by anyone who makes one, just give credit in the reference manual and link to the dmsguild page when you share it and you can update/recreate the module yourself.

spite
May 11th, 2016, 06:26
Here is the updated 1.7 version as of 11/5/2016.

As usual, show your appreciation for this module by heading over to DMsguild.com and throwing money at Matthew Mercer for creating and maintaining the Blood Hunter Class

Zacchaeus
May 11th, 2016, 10:25
I've updated post #1 with this latest iteration of the Blood Hunter

benh09
September 29th, 2016, 22:39
Is there any chance there will be a 1.8 version of the blood hunter mod? I was hoping to play with it. I dont know the differences between 1.7 and 1.8 and the only literature i have on it is the 1.8 version.

spite
September 30th, 2016, 01:59
If there is still interest in maintaining this I can do it this weekend. I'll need to go through and see what's changed since my last version though.

benh09
September 30th, 2016, 02:27
that would be great i appreciate it. These are the changes according to Matt Mercer on dmsguild.

Update: 1.8 changes!

1) Slight scale back on the progression of Crimson Rite damage die. Slightly adjusted for balance.

2) Clarified that the use of Crimson Rite now deals damage equal to your character level on top of losing your HP maximum. Implimented as a balance tool to prevent abuse once initiated, and emphasize the importance of maintaining an active rite as long as needed.

3) Blood Maledict is now a Class Feature that is gained at Level 2 instead of level 6! This allows 1 Blood Curse use per short rest, increasing at level 6, 11, and 17.

4) Minor adjustment to the progression of gaining Blood Curses.

I have the pdf as well if you wanted to use it.

Raz651
September 30th, 2016, 02:28
sure I would be interested. :D

spite
September 30th, 2016, 02:47
that would be great i appreciate it. These are the changes according to Matt Mercer on dmsguild.

Update: 1.8 changes!

1) Slight scale back on the progression of Crimson Rite damage die. Slightly adjusted for balance.

2) Clarified that the use of Crimson Rite now deals damage equal to your character level on top of losing your HP maximum. Implimented as a balance tool to prevent abuse once initiated, and emphasize the importance of maintaining an active rite as long as needed.

3) Blood Maledict is now a Class Feature that is gained at Level 2 instead of level 6! This allows 1 Blood Curse use per short rest, increasing at level 6, 11, and 17.

4) Minor adjustment to the progression of gaining Blood Curses.

I have the pdf as well if you wanted to use it.

I have the PDF already thanks, supported him on DMsguild aswell. It doesn't look like a lot of work. Might have something done by tomorrow. :)

benh09
September 30th, 2016, 03:31
Sounds great! I really appreciate it!

spite
October 2nd, 2016, 04:23
Just incase you are waiting for this with your breath held, windows AU has bricked my desktop (which has all my par5e stuff on it) so probably wont get around to updating it until that's sorted sorry.

benh09
October 2nd, 2016, 04:38
I havent been holding my breath but i was waiting for it lol. No worries though, i understand **** happens. Think there is any chance of it getting done in the next 2 weeks?

spite
October 2nd, 2016, 04:45
God I hope so

benh09
October 2nd, 2016, 04:53
Haha ok yeah my game doesn't start for a couple weeks so no worries man. Good luck with your desktop

kp9911
October 2nd, 2016, 06:21
I think i can help you out here spite :D

Just point me to the correct PDF so that I don't accidentally share the wrong thing.

spite
October 2nd, 2016, 09:26
I've recovered my desktop, so can do it, which might be easier than getting you to do it from scratch, but if you want to its https://www.dmsguild.com/product/170777/Blood-Hunter-Class?hot60=0&src=hnum&filters=45469
with https://www.dmsguild.com/product/175606/Order-of-the-Lycan-for-Blood-Hunters?hot60=0&src=hnum&filters=45469 that

kp9911
October 2nd, 2016, 10:53
I've recovered my desktop, so can do it, which might be easier than getting you to do it from scratch, but if you want to its https://www.dmsguild.com/product/170777/Blood-Hunter-Class?hot60=0&src=hnum&filters=45469
with https://www.dmsguild.com/product/175606/Order-of-the-Lycan-for-Blood-Hunters?hot60=0&src=hnum&filters=45469 that

Ah thanks for the link. No worries then just thought I would help you out since you had PC issues.

spite
October 3rd, 2016, 02:17
Finished! Check it out, if there are any typoes etc, let me know, but this should be a complete 1.8 update to the Blood Hunter module, including the 1.4 version update to the Lycan archetype.

rob2e
October 3rd, 2016, 04:14
Finished! Check it out, if there are any typoes etc, let me know, but this should be a complete 1.8 update to the Blood Hunter module, including the 1.4 version update to the Lycan archetype.

Nice job Spite!

benh09
October 3rd, 2016, 07:29
Thanks so much i appreciate all the work!

Voxpopuli
October 4th, 2016, 02:02
Thanks mate!

Mutant-X98
October 28th, 2017, 02:25
question: It's in a .mod file, should it automatically become a pdf or is it supposed to be a media file?

LordEntrails
October 28th, 2017, 04:28
question: It's in a .mod file, should it automatically become a pdf or is it supposed to be a media file?
Welcome to the forums.

These .mod files are FG module files. They are designed to be opened in FG. These are not PDF or media files. Windows typically thinks .mod files are a media file, but these are not. You can place them in your FG Data/modules folder and then access them in FG.

If you need specific directions or more info, just let us know.

twseifert
December 27th, 2017, 00:45
Blood Hunter version 2.0 is now available on DMsGuild.com. Mr. Mercer released v1.9 just before Christmas and v2.0 on Christmas Day! Any chance of getting this updated based upon version 2.0's release?

rob2e
December 27th, 2017, 01:04
Per Doug Davison, I'm taking over the FG version, I've contacted Matt Mercer to see if he wants to put it on DMs Guild with the PDF. Stand by everyone...

twseifert
December 27th, 2017, 01:14
Or I wonder if we could get it added to the store here, so that if there is ever another update, we can update it through "Check Updates"

spite
December 27th, 2017, 06:27
Oh nice, I was about to pop in and share the updated version.
Nice one Rob, :)

Tykho
January 4th, 2018, 15:22
Is there a way to edit this module? I'd like to update it myself since the 2.0 Blood Hunter has been on DM's Guild for a bit now, but I'm not able to unlock the class.

LordEntrails
January 4th, 2018, 16:19
Is there a way to edit this module? I'd like to update it myself since the 2.0 Blood Hunter has been on DM's Guild for a bit now, but I'm not able to unlock the class.
You should be able to copy it by dragging it, then you can unlock and modify the copied version. Note that it will only be in that camapgin unless you export it etc.

ddavison
January 4th, 2018, 17:00
Blood Hunter version 2.0 is now available on DMsGuild.com. Mr. Mercer released v1.9 just before Christmas and v2.0 on Christmas Day! Any chance of getting this updated based upon version 2.0's release?

The simplest solution whenever you want to edit a class is to clone the record first. Then you can unlock the clone and make it your own. To do this:

1. Open the record you want to clone.
2. Drag the record shortcut back into the Master List. This will make a clone
3. Unlock the Clone and edit away

ddavison
January 4th, 2018, 17:00
You should be able to copy it by dragging it, then you can unlock and modify the copied version. Note that it will only be in that camapgin unless you export it etc.

Or just read what LordEntrails said 40 minutes before I said it. :)

LordEntrails
January 4th, 2018, 17:14
Or just read what LordEntrails said 40 minutes before I said it. :)
But you gave bullet points and everything!

rob2e
January 4th, 2018, 20:41
Still no response from Matt Mercer. I have contacted him via three forms of media, so he's either very busy, or is (more than likely) saying "Who is this Rob Twohy, and why is he bothering me" ... lol

Here's what I sent:

"Matt. I spoke with Doug Davison at Smiteworks about taking over his Fantasy Grounds conversion of your Blood Hunter Class. I would be happy to update (and keep updated) that class for you (pro bono of course). You COULD include the FG file along with your PDF on DMs Guild. What say you sir?"

Awaiting his response.

twseifert
January 4th, 2018, 20:43
Still no response from Matt Mercer. I have contacted him via three forms of media, so he's either very busy, or is (more than likely) saying "Who is this Rob Twohy, and why is he bothering me" ... lol

Here's what I sent:

"Matt. I spoke with Doug Davison at Smiteworks about taking over his Fantasy Grounds conversion of your Blood Hunter Class. I would be happy to update (and keep updated) that class for you (pro bono of course). You COULD include the FG file along with your PDF on DMs Guild. What say you sir?"

Awaiting his response.

Try contacting Geek & Sundry?

spite
January 4th, 2018, 20:43
I don't think Doug was ever doing the Blood Hunter conversion, just the Witch Hunter original?
I have his permission to convert the blood hunter class and lycanthropy already, as I had been until 1.9, so there's no need to wait for him to get back to you to update it.

rob2e
January 4th, 2018, 21:04
I don't think Doug was ever doing the Blood Hunter conversion, just the Witch Hunter original?
I have his permission to convert the blood hunter class and lycanthropy already, as I had been until 1.9, so there's no need to wait for him to get back to you to update it.

Dammit! lol
Why did Doug say it was ok? He should have told me someone else was doing it, the Witch Hunter IS the Blood Hunter (with a name change) as far as I know. And if you're doing it... is it done? I want. I want. I want.

lol

I tweeted, facebook messengered, AND emailed Mercer directly, He probably thinks I'm some sorta stalker.

spite
January 4th, 2018, 22:33
Dammit! lol
Why did Doug say it was ok? He should have told me someone else was doing it, the Witch Hunter IS the Blood Hunter (with a name change) as far as I know. And if you're doing it... is it done? I want. I want. I want.

lol

I tweeted, facebook messengered, AND emailed Mercer directly, He probably thinks I'm some sorta stalker.

I can finish it up as a standalone today if you want it. I've just got it in my big-homebrew one for the moment but give me a few hours and I'll pull it out.
And yea Doug had permission to do it, and then I had permission to do it aswell when it became his own Blood Hunter and Lycanthropy extra class option.
*Shrug*
I'll throw it up tonight (<6hours)

badula
January 13th, 2018, 08:29
Posting because i'm curious if an update will come out eventually

spite
January 13th, 2018, 12:22
Oh shoot yea I'll chuck it up tomorrow. Sorry got caught up with other projects!

spite
January 14th, 2018, 02:27
Here we go, sorry for the delay.
Some awesome changes to the character too. Hope it's useful for y'all!
Updated to Blood Hunter V20, Order of the Lycan V15.

As always, go support the creator of this class here (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/170777/Blood-Hunter-Class?term=blood++hunter&test_epoch=0) if you like his work!

WesleyGeorge
April 12th, 2018, 16:46
I'd like a bit more information if you don't mind. Ive put it into the file but it is not showing up on FG. Thanks!

LordEntrails
April 12th, 2018, 18:39
I'd like a bit more information if you don't mind. Ive put it into the file but it is not showing up on FG. Thanks!
Welcome to the firums!

Have you activated it in the module activation window?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Activation

Anarba
July 29th, 2018, 12:15
Hey,
Spite are you going to update the module to v2.1 of Blood hunter ?

spite
July 29th, 2018, 21:24
Hey,
Spite are you going to update the module to v2.1 of Blood hunter ?

Hey yup I don't follow this so didn't know it updated. I'll have something up by tonight/tomorrow with the updates

spite
July 30th, 2018, 06:37
Ok put this together. Should work and be updated to 2.1. The lycan did not appear to have any updates but correct me if I am mistaken.
As always, find the changelog, and support the author of this class here (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/170777/Blood-Hunter-Class?term=blood++hunter&test_epoch=0) if you like this class!

Anarba
July 30th, 2018, 18:33
Thanks man, that's great.
Any tips on playing lycan feats and so on ?

spite
July 31st, 2018, 05:27
Thanks man, that's great.
Any tips on playing lycan feats and so on ?

I'd be the worst person to ask about that haha. 5th edition is my least played game so my advice is not great!

RogueCmdr
April 12th, 2019, 17:42
has there been any updates since july last year?>

Trenloe
April 12th, 2019, 17:50
has there been any updates since july last year?>
What updates are you expecting? The DMs Guild product this is based on was last updated June last year: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/170777/Blood-Hunter-Class?term=blood++hunter&test_epoch=0

RogueCmdr
April 12th, 2019, 18:02
just seeing if there was any updates since.. its the IT System Engineer in me, i didnt know about the module until now so just checking :-)

zimores
April 25th, 2019, 18:20
am i crazy or is this the same fill over and over (i haven't noticed an update in the actual content but i might be crazy)

Zacchaeus
April 25th, 2019, 18:36
am i crazy or is this the same fill over and over (i haven't noticed an update in the actual content but i might be crazy)

As far as I'm aware the links in the first post are the latest versions.

spite
April 25th, 2019, 20:57
The post at the top of page 12 is the latest blood hunter and lycan. I can not see any pdf updates from Matt Mercer that would indicate needing changes

Transmission89
July 31st, 2019, 15:03
Sorry to bring this up, in D&D beyond, the blood hunter class has proficiency with shields which does not seem to be in this mod version. Is that because of an update or is it just a missing error? I can't seem to edit the module myself for the player.

Trenloe
July 31st, 2019, 15:20
I can't seem to edit the module myself for the player.
You should be able to edit the module. What issues are you having?

Zacchaeus
July 31st, 2019, 16:37
Sorry to bring this up, in D&D beyond, the blood hunter class has proficiency with shields which does not seem to be in this mod version. Is that because of an update or is it just a missing error. I can't seem to edit the module myself for the player.

Open the module and then the class (from the class button on the right hand side). Drag and drop the class back down into the class window. You will now have a copy of the class which you can freely edit.

Transmission89
July 31st, 2019, 16:42
Ah right, so it’s got to be a copy? The issue was the padlock was red which meant I couldn’t unlock it to make changes, but I’m assuming copying it will fix that. Thanks guys.

spite
July 31st, 2019, 19:54
Yea making a copy will make it editable. Also, there is nothing stopping the player adding the proficiency to their character sheet at any point as well. I will try to find time this week to find/fix the issue as well.

Transmission89
August 1st, 2019, 06:47
Aces. Many thanks :D

damianbain
August 12th, 2019, 20:11
i just downloaded the mod file and copied it to the module directory but i still dont see it in FG. Help?

damianbain
August 12th, 2019, 20:13
Welcome to the firums!

Have you activated it in the module activation window?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Activation

Adept

i just downloaded the mod file and copied it to the module directory but i still dont see it in FG. Help?

Trenloe
August 13th, 2019, 17:35
As LordEntrails said - have you activated the module in the Module Activation screen?

Details on doing that in the User Guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Activation

tantauralus
January 29th, 2020, 12:03
Any plans on also converting the 2020 revised version (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/301641/Blood-Hunter-Class-for-DD-5e-2020?src=hottest_filtered&filters=45469) of the class and have Matt add it to the DMsGuild-Entry so that it could add to the sales as for now (iirc 14 days) all funds will be donated to the AU BrushfireRelief Charity (after that he will possibly reduce the price to PWYW).

spite
January 29th, 2020, 16:18
I can only speak for myself, but as I do not play 5e any longer, I have no plans to convert the new version.
As it is a seperate version, if anyone is wanting to, I would strongly encourage getting Matt's permission to do so as well as to share it with others.

KriticalKlown
March 19th, 2020, 21:13
Can you tell when you going to remake the module with Matt's Permission. It would be easy for me to wait and have patience.

spite
March 19th, 2020, 21:25
As my previous post says, I will not be updating this file any further. If someone wants to update it they'll need to reach out to Matt Mercer and get permission to release his revised edition and do it themselves.

xsheikanx
April 8th, 2020, 13:30
Any knows how can i create a Effect for the crimson rite?? Specially to get that negative bonus to MaxHP

arcanjl
April 8th, 2020, 14:02
What does it do? Can you post it here?

xsheikanx
April 8th, 2020, 14:14
Enter on Crimson Rite give an extra dice of choosen rite to damage rolls woith a weapon. This is simple. I already made it.
And also, give a penalty to max HP during duration.
IŽd like to create effect for the MaxHP penalty

arcanjl
April 8th, 2020, 14:30
Yeah, I don’t believe there’s a way to adjust max HP. I remember looking into it and having to do it manually :-(

xsheikanx
April 8th, 2020, 14:47
Yeah, its wath im doing
Thanks anyway

GavinRuneblade
April 9th, 2020, 04:55
Enter on Crimson Rite give an extra dice of choosen rite to damage rolls woith a weapon. This is simple. I already made it.
And also, give a penalty to max HP during duration.
IŽd like to create effect for the MaxHP penalty

The 2020 version doesn't say maxhp anymore. Now it says this:

when you activate a rite, you lose a number of hit points equal to one roll of your hemocraft die, as shown in the hemocraft die column of the blood hunter table. This is explicitly stated to no longer be max hp by Matt in his Sage Advice post:
https://www.sageadvice.eu/2020/02/01/do-the-blood-hunter-features-that-require-you-to-lose-hit-points-crimson-rite-amplified-blood-maledict-reduce-your-max-hp-like-before/
but he also mentions that attempting to use resistance would be an "exploit" that's why it doesn't say damage. He also mentions that, for example, by RAW a bear totem barbarian still takes the full loss of hp because it is not damage.

97BigBen1
August 11th, 2020, 00:28
Hello!
Hi Spite I was wondering if you have the updated version of Blood Hunter sorry I am 5 years late lol

spite
August 11th, 2020, 02:42
As my previous post says, I will not be updating this file any further. If someone wants to update it they'll need to reach out to Matt Mercer and get permission to release his revised edition and do it themselves.

Pls see above

GavinRuneblade
August 11th, 2020, 03:55
Hello!
Hi Spite I was wondering if you have the updated version of Blood Hunter sorry I am 5 years late lol

Start with this: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/170777/Blood-Hunter-Class
And follow the instructions in this video: https://youtu.be/rV0vH1eeUZM

Just remember you cannot share or distribute any copy of the class you create unless you get Matt Mercer's permission. Which is why you can't find a version to download even though several people have made them.

97BigBen1
August 11th, 2020, 05:21
Thank you! I must've skipped over that! Best of luck to you

mlimaw
September 15th, 2020, 16:29
how can i get this module? can you share it? tnx a lot, guy

LordEntrails
September 15th, 2020, 20:47
how can i get this module? can you share it? tnx a lot, guy
You have to create it yourself. No one has yet received permission to distribute the module.

It's easy to do. See the post 2 above yours that has instructions.

Edit: version 4.2 is available on the first post. Version 5 we do not have permission to share, and the instructions to create that are above 2 posts.

Drizzard
October 27th, 2020, 18:40
If he has already given permission for his blood hunter class, why would that permission stop being valid when he updates the class to a newer version?

He's quite a busy and famous guy who clearly cannot be reached, as a lot of people have tried, who has given his permission to port the blood hunter class to fantasy grounds.

I would say it's unreasonable to expect that every single update or tweak he makes to the class requires new permission?

That way you're shooting yourself in the foot. You should roll with the earlier permission, keep updating the class, and when he says "I withdraw my permission", stop updating the class or remove whatever version he doesn't want you to post. By making it essential for him to give permission for every little update, you're essentially killing this project which is not necessary at all as he has approved it to begin with. Several times.

LordEntrails
October 28th, 2020, 00:20
I would say it's unreasonable to expect that every single update or tweak he makes to the class requires new permission?

I'm not the person who received the original permission. But I believe that person felt that new permission was required when it was updated. It totally depends upon what Matt's response was. Without knowing the details of what was agreed to, it's not fair for us to assume distributing someone else's Intellectual Property is ok. We prefer to err on the side of caution and protect IP holders.