PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 Player D&D5e Weeknights No Tuesdays CST US Time Zone

Azrimalos
October 24th, 2015, 16:17
FG License: Free till i see if i like it *wanna learn so i can DM aswell*
Time Zone: Central Time USA.
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Sunday-Thursday Maybe friday depending on time. Looking for Night times.(after 6-7PM) ATM NO tuesdays.
Term: Play for a while is prefered, but atm am looking to just play have an itch for D&D and it needs tending to :p
Voice: Have TS3/Skype can get another if needed, should add this function to software :p

Game System Preferred: D&D 5E
Game System Experience: New/ish currently playing my first campaign Tuesday nights.
Fantasy Grounds Experience: New to Fantasygrounds, would like to learn it and hopefully buy and DM my own games. DM community seems very small.

Character Type Preferred: I am up to play any character, so far i have experience as a Paladin.
About me: I am 23 have 2 kids, therefore night hours work best. I like to play as a team as well as fill my pockets with gold and other valuables :) I am semi-new to role playing, but truly enjoy it. As a kid i played Runescape/WoW moving on to many different games like Arma 2/3 were I have to RP every situation or risk being banned from servers.

Hope this gets out there to DM looking for players, as i am not to sure how to go about doing this here on fantasygrounds.

Thank you!

damned
October 27th, 2015, 22:49
Hola and welcome Azrimalos!

Sometimes it takes longer to find a group. There seems a little lull in new games starting up right now but stay active on the forums - use the New Posts link at top left and apply directly to any games being posted. Morbid-don is recruiting for a Dark Heresy (not 5e) game https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26579-Looking-for-some-recruits-2-slots-open-for-Second-Edition-Dark-Heresy-(medieval) and there is a one shot looking for one or two more https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?26468-FG-CON-ETU-Down-Home-Cookign-Needs-player

Be patient and keep your eyes open and games will appear :)

Azrimalos
November 10th, 2015, 21:15
Takes forever with the lack of DMs. Been tryin to watch the forums aswell as the calander (which is horrible if its correct some them games havn't been touched in months and apps fill it up fast)

Like the program and have paid for it, learning the basics so maybe i can DM a game or 2.

damned
November 11th, 2015, 02:17
Hey Azrimalos. I havent noticed you posting in any of the games that have been advertised. Particularly for 5e you will need to do that in most cases. Games typically fill up quick.
Also if you are willing to look at other systems there are good Savage Worlds games and Warhammer games that have been posted in that same time window since you posted. There is also a Castles & Crusades game by Andraax that has an opening.

JohnD
November 11th, 2015, 04:27
Takes forever with the lack of DMs. Been tryin to watch the forums aswell as the calander (which is horrible if its correct some them games havn't been touched in months and apps fill it up fast)

Like the program and have paid for it, learning the basics so maybe i can DM a game or 2.
Unfortunately you can't get much use out of the calendar. We get armchair jockeys thinking they're going to run this big game and so they put up a listing and then realize how much work is involved and are never heard from again. Or, you get people who were running a PFS game or a FG Daze game months ago, which is clearly over and done with now, but for some reason they neglect to delete or make invisible their entry.

There is the Game Recruiting Calendar link that might help.

But, best bet is to post in threads where you see someone is looking for a player - don't wait for a DM to come to you.