PDA

View Full Version : Player connects but can no longer see anything.

Danimal66
October 23rd, 2015, 17:25
I realize how vague this is going to sound because I couldn't get my player to capture an image of his error message. I want to note a few things:

This player has connected fine for 2 months so about 15 sessions. In fact we played Tuesday with no issues, but last night we had problems.
This player (and another one) never have their character owned when the log in. I always need to release ownership even though their usernames are the same
Player is using a PC and the demo version of FG. I have the Ultimate License.

Last night when he logged in he got a slew of error messages, said things about campaign pack, clip board etc. First he rebooted same issue, then he restarted machine and that didn't fix it. He then uninstalled FG from windows CP and then reinstalled on Steam. This got him in but he was unable to use any FG functionality.

Finally he uninstalled Steam (FG is the only thing he has) and FG. He reinstalled but resolved none of his issues.

I'm at a loss on what to even have him try next. I asked him to search his PC for any folders etc that said FG and delete them and make sure they are really gone. It sounds to me like the module data files are corrupted but uninstallin and re-installing is not fixing the issue.

Trenloe
October 23rd, 2015, 17:29
Sounds like the player cache has got corrupted. Uninstalling doesn't remove this data.

As the player to clear the cache: on the "Join Game" screen click the "nuke" icon in the top right. Then join the game and see if the issues are still there.

Also ensure that the player has installed FG to the default location - i.e. they haven't changed where FG installs or stores the data.

Danimal66
October 23rd, 2015, 19:46
Thanks we will give that a try