PDA

View Full Version : Question on Opposed Skill Checks functionality

kuthulu
October 23rd, 2015, 15:50
I want to have an additional field added to the Skills tab of the character sheet for OPPOSED Skills. Could that be done via an extension or would it require a change to FG? I would like to be able to drop a STEALTH skill roll onto another player/npc in the combat tracker and have the target auto roll the PERCEPTION check and give a success or failure message in the chat. Since, depending on class, the opposed skill may not always be the constant I would think it could be defined on the Skill Tab. Maybe a small magnifying glass like WEAPONS/SPELLS to define the OPPOSED skill to roll against and any additional bonuses.

If this already exists then maybe I am missing it. Thanks!

Moon Wizard
October 23rd, 2015, 17:38
It could be done as an extension. The FG client itself is game system agnostic.

In my games, I typically use the party sheet to roll Stealth for each player attempting to Stealth, then comparing the lowest roll against the Passive Perception of the creatures.

I'm thinking that having a separate roll for each potential guard (i.e. Perception roller) would probably be a lot more work if you have a lot of guards to drop on, plus making multiple rolls per Stealth action for multiple targets seems like it would increase the likelihood of Perception winning against Stealth, since you only need one opposed check to fail to be spotted.

Regards,
JPG

kuthulu
October 23rd, 2015, 18:39
Thanks for the quick reply. I was just toying with the idea of creating an extension and wanted to see if this was viable. My players are doing a lot of lying and stealing amongst themselves so I was just thinking of a way they could do opposed rolls against each other.